Zoltan K

December 2019 - AOS Filers

1,449 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 4/24/2020 at 2:05 PM, Phil&Marina said:

Everything is out of our control anyway  LOL. 

People are asking me how I am handling the quarantine, I am telling them I have been quarantined since I moved to States. 

Can't drive, can't work, staying at home. 

Things will happen, though. Maybe with Trump's EO on immigration the cases already in work will get processed sooner.  Who knows. 

Stay strong!  

did you check your state for driving?  In Mass, he can drive on a foreign driving license (no different than if he was here as a visitor and rented a car) for up to a year.  So at least my husband is mobile. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
13 hours ago, AnnaMaria1417 said:

Same here...  But what I've been doing is checking cases on the visa tracker app. You can check up to 500 cases around your number and I've been seeing a lot of EAD getting approved lately. 🤞

Which app is that? I am using Lawfully and Case Tracker but I am not sure how to check other cases there. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, fluffykim said:

did you check your state for driving?  In Mass, he can drive on a foreign driving license (no different than if he was here as a visitor and rented a car) for up to a year.  So at least my husband is mobile. 

This was the first thing I did. 

In Iowa, you are only allowed 30 days from the day of your arrival. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
43 minutes ago, Phil&Marina said:

Which app is that? I am using Lawfully and Case Tracker but I am not sure how to check other cases there. 

It's the Case Tracker. Go on "search" and then you can look up to 500 cases. On the bottom you can filter them out and check EAD only, green card only, etc.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
15 hours ago, AnnaMaria1417 said:

Same here...  But what I've been doing is checking cases on the visa tracker app. You can check up to 500 cases around your number and I've been seeing a lot of EAD getting approved lately. 🤞

Probably has to do with what range your search is between because I have not seen many at all. 

i began following a whole bunch of i-485 cases once people started to get interview waivers. Ive got it set up for cases that have had their status changed to "scheduled for interview" since March 30th (around the time they started cancelling pre-booked interviews and putting people back to that status). Out of 90 im following only 1 appears to have had a waiver so far, so it seems like you have to hit a bit of a lottery to get a waiver for this.

Timeline

I am not even hoping for a waiver. I just want my EAD to feel like at least half a human being here. 

2 hours ago, Zsazsa said:

Probably has to do with what range your search is between because I have not seen many at all. 

I have not found approved EADs at all now. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Phil&Marina said:

I am not even hoping for a waiver. I just want my EAD to feel like at least half a human being here. 

I have not found approved EADs at all now. 

I’m with you. I can wait for my GC. Just concerned with my EAD at this point 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Zsazsa said:

I’m with you. I can wait for my GC. Just concerned with my EAD at this point 

I usually try not to focus on this much, but I feel desperate because I did have my GC interview scheduled. I would have been approved by now. 

And now I do not know what to expect at all, or when to expect it. 

Things will happen. Eventually. Until then, I will just try not to lose all my work skills - LOL

Timeline
Just now, Phil&Marina said:

I usually try not to focus on this much, but I feel desperate because I did have my GC interview scheduled. I would have been approved by now. 

And now I do not know what to expect at all, or when to expect it. 

Things will happen. Eventually. Until then, I will just try not to lose all my work skills - LOL

I’m feeling you. At least you were scheduled for an interview at one point. In my mind, you’re still a step closer than I am. 

Timeline
25 minutes ago, Zsazsa said:

I’m feeling you. At least you were scheduled for an interview at one point. In my mind, you’re still a step closer than I am. 

That is not guaranteed, I think. 

I cannot even imagine how many people before me had their interviews canceled. 

Ah well. 

All we can do is wait. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Phil&Marina said:

That is not guaranteed, I think. 

I cannot even imagine how many people before me had their interviews canceled. 

Ah well. 

All we can do is wait. 

Sounds like you are having a day like I had yesterday. I’m more positive on some days than others. It’s rough going out here. We’ve all been stagnant for far too long. Tomorrow will be a better day. One day closer, if nothing else. Chin up! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
6 hours ago, Phil&Marina said:

This was the first thing I did. 

In Iowa, you are only allowed 30 days from the day of your arrival. 

i may be reading this wrong, but it appears TWO years (better than Massachusetts which is only one year)

https://iowadot.gov/mvd/driverslicense/driverslicense/foreign

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
6 minutes ago, fluffykim said:

i may be reading this wrong, but it appears TWO years (better than Massachusetts which is only one year)

You do read it wrong. It's not talking about the foreign license but the state issued license. It actually means that even with a 10 year greencard your state issued DL will only be valid for two years before you have to renew it. 

Timeline
33 minutes ago, fluffykim said:

I checked with the local DMV. Twice. 

It is only 30 days. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.