Zoltan K

December 2019 - AOS Filers

1,449 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 minute ago, Zsazsa said:

Thank you for sharing. Wish I had known sooner. Ugh. Are you all set with your EAD/GC now? 

Nope. I am still waiting. I was supposed to have my GC interview on April 23. It was canceled of course. 

No news on EAD. Even if I had it now, it would not do any good, because SSA is closed, DMV is closed and the job market is hell. 

My timeline for EAD is between now and June, I guess. I have no idea how fast things are processed now, though. 

Patience is key. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, Phil&Marina said:

Nope. I am still waiting. I was supposed to have my GC interview on April 23. It was canceled of course. 

No news on EAD. Even if I had it now, it would not do any good, because SSA is closed, DMV is closed and the job market is hell. 

My timeline for EAD is between now and June, I guess. I have no idea how fast things are processed now, though. 

Patience is key. 

You’re right about that. Deep breaths and a glass (or 3) of wine. Hahaha 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Zsazsa said:

You’re right about that. Deep breaths and a glass (or 3) of wine. Hahaha 

Everything is out of our control anyway  LOL. 

People are asking me how I am handling the quarantine, I am telling them I have been quarantined since I moved to States. 

Can't drive, can't work, staying at home. 

Things will happen, though. Maybe with Trump's EO on immigration the cases already in work will get processed sooner.  Who knows. 

Stay strong!  

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Phil&Marina said:

Patience is key. 

Also, apparently you can pick up your card from the SSA office. They eventually told me that. The second card was mailed to a different address for me - a close friend's house. 

SSA does not care where to send your card to you.

The post office cares, thought. We had to notify our post office here that I will be getting mail under my maiden name and my married name both.

Some banks here DO care about that,  too, as I later found out. 

I had issues opening a joint account with my husband here in Iowa. 

The address on the card was not our address. They needed additional verification, which I could not provide because I could not create an online account with SSA.

The bank came through eventually. It took me a week to negotiate. They did not want to lose a client of 20 years - my husband. 

Thank God for that.

16 minutes ago, dekk123 said:

Well, USCIS just updated the website and will BEGIN reopening on June 4 😫

not too surprising itll be that long, even then it may be a case where theyre not able to process as many applicants as they normally would. I wonder how many interview waivers theyll allow in the meantime.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, skjourney said:

not too surprising itll be that long, even then it may be a case where theyre not able to process as many applicants as they normally would. I wonder how many interview waivers theyll allow in the meantime.

That suuuuucks. Thankfully, we don’t need appts for EADs. Perhaps they’ll keep waiving until then. 🤷🏻‍♀️

17 minutes ago, skjourney said:

But are there that many cases of waiver? I have seen just a couple. I am just seeing this application and stress is going to hunt most of us for so long...

11 minutes ago, Zsazsa said:

I agree with you. I actually have seen many waivers. Again, as long as I can get my EAD (interview not necessary) I am fine. I am ok with waiting for GC - just let me work!! 

I saw that they are relocating GC removal of conditions to the field offices now. So there are things happening, and I am sure more EADs are coming soon :)

Edited by dekk123

Timeline
1 minute ago, dekk123 said:

I saw that they are relocating GC removal of conditions to the field offices now. So there are things happening, and I am sure more EADs are coming soon :)

Wasn’t that always how it was? Is that not why the interview is necessary? I’m not even at that stage yet which is why I’m confused AF 

Edited by Zsazsa

2 minutes ago, Zsazsa said:

Wasn’t that always how it was? Is that not why the interview is necessary? I’m not even at that stage yet which is why I’m confused AF 

I know, it is confusing. This is the message i Got: 

We recently transferred some of the following cases from the Texas Service Center to various USCIS Field Offices : 

• Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Hey, guys. I have a random question. I have a blog and because of all the free time now I've been working extra hard, and it's finally taking off. Can I link affiliate link and possibly make money from my blog before my EAD arrives?  

Timeline

Hi, everyone. 

Has anyone received EAD lately? 

VJ timeline keeps pushing it for me further and further from the initial time frame. 

Thanks 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
5 hours ago, Phil&Marina said:

Hi, everyone. 

Has anyone received EAD lately? 

VJ timeline keeps pushing it for me further and further from the initial time frame. 

Thanks 

Same here...  But what I've been doing is checking cases on the visa tracker app. You can check up to 500 cases around your number and I've been seeing a lot of EAD getting approved lately. 🤞

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.