Zoltan K

December 2019 - AOS Filers

1,449 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, dekk123 said:

I’m not sure they do it for marriage based though 

Would be nice if they did. I mean, we’ve already been through interviews at the embassy, and should have proof of marriage. I couldn’t imagine what they could possibly need from me at an interview that I could not provide documentation for. You know? 

40 minutes ago, Zsazsa said:

Would be nice if they did. I mean, we’ve already been through interviews at the embassy, and should have proof of marriage. I couldn’t imagine what they could possibly need from me at an interview that I could not provide documentation for. You know? 

... they should also just give us the 10yr visa while they’re at it 👀

16 minutes ago, Zsazsa said:

true, it could also be case dependant, if theres no red flags and all medical, background checks are good then they may process just to clear the system a bit. They didnt always interview for AOS from K1 applicants up to a few years ago as they had a lot of the bonafides from the K1 evidence and interview. Theyre probably starting off with the EB-2 as its lower fraud rate, but maybe theyll do the K1 if they have to keep offices closed for a prolonged period.

53 minutes ago, Zsazsa said:

I agree. In fact, they have access to absolutely EVERYTHING from our lives. I would imagine they can use their good judgement and get into a decision. I have heard from so many people that go to these interviews and the officer just confirm their answers from the forms make few questions and that's it. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, dekk123 said:

I agree. In fact, they have access to absolutely EVERYTHING from our lives. I would imagine they can use their good judgement and get into a decision. I have heard from so many people that go to these interviews and the officer just confirm their answers from the forms make few questions and that's it. 

I’ve heard the same. Even my interview at the embassy was a giant waste of time. My husband (then, fiancé) already lived together for 4 years in Canada. I know everyone’s K1 case is different and there’s a lot of potential for fraud, but omg we own property together in Canada. Share all Financial obligations. That was a big waste of money, in my opinion. But I get that. The interview there was 10 mins TOPS. Once the interviewer understood the dynamics of our relationship she had no further questions. As for the second interview, the evidence that I have on paper is far more convincing than any answer I could give. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Case just updated online. "Interview Cancelled and Notice Ordered". Interview was originally scheduled for April 16th.

I-751 Timeline

● Aug 11, 2022 / I-751 / Submission to USCIS

● Jun 20, 2024 / I-751 / Biometrics, i.e. fingerprint and photo

6 minutes ago, JoeMc said:

Case just updated online. "Interview Cancelled and Notice Ordered". Interview was originally scheduled for April 16th.

Yeah mine was scheduled for April 17th and canceled also! I expected as much.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Ours was scheduled for April 9 and status updated to cancelled today. I guess if they re-open in May, our interview would be sometime in late May or early June. Hopefully it isn't much later than that.

We're also still waiting on the EAD and haven't received any responses to our inquiries.

Here's my recent timeline for those interested:

8/3 - Adjustment of Status Interview

8/3 - Status Update: New Card is Being Produced

8/5 - Status Update: Case Was Approved

8/20 - Status Updated: Card Was Mailed To Me

8/27 - Received Card in Mail

Got the email notification that im back to "ready to schedule interview" stage, no huge surprise. I think I`m looking at a June interview best case, but even that may be optimistic.

17 minutes ago, skjourney said:

Got the email notification that im back to "ready to schedule interview" stage, no huge surprise. I think I`m looking at a June interview best case, but even that may be optimistic.

Same here back to ready to schedule. This is going to cause a hugeeeeee cluster  &^%& once things reopen. I don't  think USCIS is going to have a handle on it.

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

4 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

Same here back to ready to schedule. This is going to cause a hugeeeeee cluster  &^%& once things reopen. I don't  think USCIS is going to have a handle on it.

Right now I feel like itll be at least August realistically.

2 minutes ago, skjourney said:

Right now I feel like itll be at least August realistically.

Yeah it's  going to be awhile unfortunately for us.

Citizenship Complete!

I got ready to schedule again too. Honestly think we'll be rescheduled and cancelled again at this rate. Hoping everything gets under control over the next month but realistically I think the virus is going to remain an issue for the long haul.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.