Zoltan K

December 2019 - AOS Filers

1,449 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 minutes ago, dekk123 said:

Wondering if it’s possible for the USCIS to be closed for in person visits for a long time 😔😔😔😔

Not to be pessimistic but I think so ... it doesn’t look like this situation will be gone or at least get better in a few days or weeks 😔let’s all keep safe and healthy! Cliche, but this too shall pass.. I just hope that this may be over really soon.

yep, we have our interview coming up real soon, but if the ban goes on any longer that will be cancelled and delayed and that seems almost certain at this point.

Edited by skjourney

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

My interview was scheduled on April 23 but I already got the cancellation letter for the USCIS. Ah well. 

People are still getting their EAD approved, though. So I am trying to stay optimistic. 

Hope everyone is healthy and safe. 

sure enough just the email from USCIS ... 

There has been a recent processing action taken on your case.

Receipt Number: MSCxxxxxxxxxxx

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR ADJUST STATUS

Your Case Status: Decision

Interestingly it says case status "decision" would they attempt to process a decision without interview if supporting documentation was satisfactory ? I know other types of I-485 have been getting approved without an interview but havent seen this happen for ones through marriage as yet (at least not recently)

9 minutes ago, skjourney said:

sure enough just the email from USCIS ... 

There has been a recent processing action taken on your case.

Receipt Number: MSCxxxxxxxxxxx

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR ADJUST STATUS

Your Case Status: Decision

Interestingly it says case status "decision" would they attempt to process a decision without interview if supporting documentation was satisfactory ? I know other types of I-485 have been getting approved without an interview but havent seen this happen for ones through marriage as yet (at least not recently)

When is your interview scheduled for?

1 minute ago, yoda one for me said:

I got an email with a 'decision' marker but it was just a cancellation notice, sadly.

yes, i should add it was the cancellation interview notice, its just the fact that it also has the current status "decision" plus the fact other i-485s have been processed without interview that has me open to some optimism about it. We`ll see....

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

My interview just got cancelled today too. 😭I was supposed to go on April 20th.. ughhh. So am I supposed to just wait for another date now? 

8 minutes ago, skjourney said:

yes, i should add it was the cancellation interview notice, its just the fact that it also has the current status "decision" plus the fact other i-485s have been processed without interview that has me open to some optimism about it. We`ll see....

Wait, they have? I know that's how things used to be but are people in the current crop of COVID cancellations just getting no-interview approvals? If so, I'm SHOOK and fingers crossed for all of us!

Edited by yoda one for me

3 minutes ago, yoda one for me said:

Wait, they have? I know that's how things used to be but are people in the current crop of COVID cancellations just getting no-interview approvals? If so, I'm SHOOK and fingers crossed for all of us!

yes specifically EB-2s so far.

https://www.trackitt.com/usa-discussion-forums/i485-eb/2068052821/eb-2-row-interview-waived/page/1

2 minutes ago, dekk123 said:

I’m not sure they do it for marriage based though 

yeah i dont want anyone to get too excited about it, for marriage they may still insist on interview, its just the language used in my email gave me some optimism, im not gonna count on being approved without interview, if it happens it would be a nice bonus !

7 minutes ago, AnnaMaria1417 said:

My interview just got cancelled today too. 😭I was supposed to go on April 20th.. ughhh. So am I supposed to just wait for another date now? 

yep, we are all back in the waiting game ...

Edited by skjourney

3 minutes ago, skjourney said:

yeah i dont want anyone to get too excited about it, for marriage they may still insist on interview, its just the language used in my email gave me some optimism, im not gonna count on being approved without interview, if it happens it would be a nice bonus !

yep, we are all back in the waiting game ...

Well please keep us posted on this. My interview is on the 30, but I believe I should be receiving a cancelation soon. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.