Zoltan K

December 2019 - AOS Filers

1,449 posts in this topic

47 minutes ago, Wayne386 said:

Hey! Anyone got any more updates on EAD, I have been reasearching and know they are still processing EAD but seeing what is going on for fellow December filers. As for me, You can see the last thing I got in my signature, still waiting for them to finish processing my EAD.

its hard to say how long it will take now, we have no clue how the virus situation is affecting the people who usually process these, we can only assume its going to take much longer than usual.

Im supposed to have an interview early next month, i think its very unlikely that will happen and will have to be rescheduled.

Everything is up in the air right now.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
On 3/22/2020 at 12:00 PM, NJShoreMom said:

We sent our RFIE in Wednesday 3/18 express mail, they received it next day, and Friday we got the notice that online Request for Evidence was received.

Now hoping they work on them quickly.  Good luck!

I expressed mine too, next day the status changed to received and 12 days later (yesterday) it updated to interview ready to be scheduled. So they’re definitely working on cases and it shouldn’t be too much longer until you receive your update (even though every case is different so there’s no guarantee, but 11-14 days seems to be pretty common these days) :) Hope this helps 

Edited by Kat & K

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, Liddy92 said:

someone with experience, how long does it take to approve it after this update?

Screenshot_2020-03-25-00-15-07-050_com.android.chrome.jpg

Did this just kind of come out of the blue, or did you just give your fingerprints? 

only asking because a number of us (even January filers) got this update about 3 weeks ago and we are still waiting. For a lot of us, we have not heard anything since this update. 

perhaps it means something soon for you, if you are a December filer. 

3 minutes ago, Zsazsa said:

¿Esto simplemente salió de la nada o simplemente le dio sus huellas digitales? 

solo preguntamos porque varios de nosotros (incluso los contribuyentes de enero) recibimos esta actualización hace aproximadamente 3 semanas y todavía estamos esperando. Para muchos de nosotros, no hemos escuchado nada desde esta actualización. 

quizás signifique algo pronto para usted, si es un declarante de diciembre. 

I'm from December 13 and I got my fingerprints on February 3 but they went wrong and I took it again on March 3.  my I485 is ready to schedule interview

Timeline
Just now, Liddy92 said:

I'm from December 13 and I got my fingerprints on February 3 but they went wrong and I took it again on March 3.  my I485 is ready to schedule interview

Oh! When were you notified that you are ready to schedule? 

5 minutes ago, Zsazsa said:

Oh. Interesante. No estoy seguro de lo que esto significa entonces. ¡Quizás recibas una actualización muy pronto! Espero que lo hagas! 

Thank you. I hope too I want my work permit. Good luck for you 

Timeline
Just now, Liddy92 said:

Thank you. I hope too I want my work permit. Good luck for you 

I’m the very same. I don’t mind waiting on the 485 - just approve my EAD

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys .. I feel bad that my husband hasn’t filed for his taxes yet ( I don’t have SSN, ITIN not an option) because we are waiting for my EAD to get SSN ( I know, I messed up on that area, not getting one before my I94 has expired 😔😒) , what with this stimulus funds that they are going to give citizens and residents. We are not hurting for money too much, but with this virus thing disrupting lives left and right, an extra $1200 wouldn’t be too bad.. Sigh.. how are you guys doing? Keep safe !

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
14 hours ago, AGF said:

Hi guys .. I feel bad that my husband hasn’t filed for his taxes yet ( I don’t have SSN, ITIN not an option) because we are waiting for my EAD to get SSN ( I know, I messed up on that area, not getting one before my I94 has expired 😔😒) , what with this stimulus funds that they are going to give citizens and residents. We are not hurting for money too much, but with this virus thing disrupting lives left and right, an extra $1200 wouldn’t be too bad.. Sigh.. how are you guys doing? Keep safe !

Oh.. I feel you girl. I'm so sorry. We did file as a family, but I'm just getting a little worried how everything has slowed down with the virus. My EAD says "case received" and it's been 102 days. I just saw that they extended the period and there're no interviews until April 7th and mine is April 20th. I don't know at this point.. just making sure we stay healthy and whatever happens, happens. It's out of our control now. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
41 minutes ago, AnnaMaria1417 said:

Oh.. I feel you girl. I'm so sorry. We did file as a family, but I'm just getting a little worried how everything has slowed down with the virus. My EAD says "case received" and it's been 102 days. I just saw that they extended the period and there're no interviews until April 7th and mine is April 20th. I don't know at this point.. just making sure we stay healthy and whatever happens, happens. It's out of our control now. 

You’re right .. all we can do now is wait and stay healthy. I just hope that this pandemic goes away really SOON. I never have imagined that I will witness something like this in my lifetime.. you guys be safe and stay healthy ! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.