Zoltan K

December 2019 - AOS Filers

1,449 posts in this topic

44 minutes ago, jnclrc said:

Hi guys. My EAD status has changed to “New Card is being Produced” today. does that mean that it has been approved already? I’m freaking out right now.

Praying for everyone’s smooth process too. 🙏

yes, unless they made an error (not unheard of) then your should receive your card soon !

1 hour ago, tsunami93 said:

We just got our RFIE (filed in late december) saying that we did not meet the income requirements and that we have to submit a joint sponsor. The thing is my husband (petitioner) makes 74,000 annually and we are a hosehold of two. I dont understand why we got this rfie and I am very confused. Please advise.

what evidence did you provide with the i-864 ?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, jnclrc said:

Hi guys. My EAD status has changed to “New Card is being Produced” today. does that mean that it has been approved already? I’m freaking out right now.

Praying for everyone’s smooth process too. 🙏

Congrats 😍 It’s so awesome to see things moving quickly 😊

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
2 hours ago, tsunami93 said:

We just got our RFIE (filed in late december) saying that we did not meet the income requirements and that we have to submit a joint sponsor. The thing is my husband (petitioner) makes 74,000 annually and we are a hosehold of two. I dont understand why we got this rfie and I am very confused. Please advise.

Wow that’s so odd.. so the number on your tax returns is 74,000.00? If so, I’d call. If not, it’s probably about insufficient income evidence 🤷‍♀️ Good luck, sure it’s gonna be fine 🙏

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 hours ago, tsunami93 said:

we just got ours and same.  My friend is an immigration attorney and said clerically they did not look close enough at the papers...it happens.  He is writing me a cover letter, printing out the income chart from their site and RE attaching my last 3 year tax returns which clearly show i make over the poverty line also (100k+).  perhaps do the same

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline
1 hour ago, fluffykim said:

we just got ours and same.  My friend is an immigration attorney and said clerically they did not look close enough at the papers...it happens.  He is writing me a cover letter, printing out the income chart from their site and RE attaching my last 3 year tax returns which clearly show i make over the poverty line also (100k+).  perhaps do the same

We submitted the income tax returns for 2018 but did not include supporting documents (w2, 1099s , form 2555). Does that make a difference?  I am most likely getting a lawyer and taking your advice for now. I tried calling uscis but their lines and too busy. Waiting for a callback. Hopefully this is a clerical error like yours.🙏

Timeline
7 minutes ago, tsunami93 said:

We submitted the income tax returns for 2018 but did not include supporting documents (w2, 1099s , form 2555). Does that make a difference?  I am most likely getting a lawyer and taking your advice for now. I tried calling uscis but their lines and too busy. Waiting for a callback. Hopefully this is a clerical error like yours.🙏

I wouldn’t get a lawyer. Just do the same if you are over the income line. I meant tax transcripts not returns. 

25 minutes ago, tsunami93 said:

Yes that's  makes a difference if you sent only the 1040 without w2s etc. Do yourself a favor get a tax transcript and send that. They prefer a transcript any way!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Timeline
1 hour ago, Sarge2155 said:

Yes that's  makes a difference if you sent only the 1040 without w2s etc. Do yourself a favor get a tax transcript and send that. They prefer a transcript any way!

I weirdly feel like I am getting my RFE for the same reason. Feel like the 1040 was submitted only 😩. Will see when I get the letter though but seems alot of RFEs coming are for income....

12/07/2019 - Package mailed
12/10/2019 - Package received (Chicago Lockbox)
01/13/2020 - Received text message receipts (for the 2 forms)
01/17/2020 - Received NOA for biometrics appointment (notice date: 01/10/2020)
01/28/2020 - Biometrics Completed

01/31/2020 - I-131 Rejected due to selecting the incorrect reason for applying. (Refiled)
02/06/2020 - Refiled I-131, delivered & signed for by CHYBA

02/11/2020 - EAD Expedite Requested (Financial Hardship, Health Issues)

02/13/2020 - Evidence requested and faxed

02/18/2020 - EAD Expedite Approved 😩

02/18/2020 - RFE needed (waiting on mail) 😩

02/21/2020 - RFE (Sponsor Needed)..... in process

03/02/2020 - Received NOA for Refiled I-131 (NOA: 02/06/2020)

03/10/2020 - RFE Response Sent to USCIS

03/12/2020 - I-131 Updated to Fingerprints were Taken (Used from Bio)

03/12/2020 - RFE delivered to USCIS 

03/12/2020 - Case updated to RFE received

03/21/2020 - Received Courtesy Letter for Medical

04/02/2020 - EAD (New Card Ordered)

04/03/2020 - EAD Case Was Approved

04/06/2020 - EAD Approval Notice Received

04/06/2020 - EAD was mailed to me

04/09/2020 - EAD Received

05/08/2020 - SSN Received

13 minutes ago, Wayne386 said:

I weirdly feel like I am getting my RFE for the same reason. Feel like the 1040 was submitted only 😩. Will see when I get the letter though but seems alot of RFEs coming are for income....

Yes, send a transcript and be done with it.

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Timeline

@Sarge2155 @fluffykim @Waynedefinitely going to send a trabscript with w2 and a cover letter just to be safe. And be done with it.

Timeline
4 hours ago, Kat & K said:

Wow that’s so odd.. so the number on your tax returns is 74,000.00? If so, I’d call. If not, it’s probably about insufficient income evidence 🤷‍♀️ Good luck, sure it’s gonna be fine 🙏

Called but they said they cant tell me anything.oh well.

Timeline
12 hours ago, tsunami93 said:

Called but they said they cant tell me anything.oh well.

RFE ready to be returned:

Form W2 for 2019
Tax Transcripts for 2017, 2018, 2019
6 months of pay stubs
Signed I-864 (affadavit of support)
Copy of RFE
Copy of the income guidelines 
Cover Letter

2 minutes ago, fluffykim said:

RFE ready to be returned:

Form W2 for 2019
Tax Transcripts for 2017, 2018, 2019
6 months of pay stubs
Signed I-864 (affadavit of support)
Copy of RFE
Copy of the income guidelines 
Cover Letter

Good deal you are ready to rock!

Citizenship Complete!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.