Zoltan K

December 2019 - AOS Filers

1,449 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
10 hours ago, AGF said:

So sorry.. I hope it all goes well for you .. been trying to check my case status but the website is down.. now I’m nervous too! 

same :(

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Albania
Timeline

We are now in the waiting stage. Let’s hope no RFE for anyone and that cares/interview dates come along for everyone in March.

My status case says that the fingerprints were received 👍🏼 . Here in the same boat waiting for the next step 🚣‍♀️.

It is really processing so fast? I thought it was going to take around 8 months (from the date of sending the I-485 and I-130 application in) until we got the ead/travel permit. At least that’s what my attorney (one time consultation) said and what the USCIS listed on their web.

If not, that’s great news!!

Just now, Wilson & Hannah said:

My status case says that the fingerprints were received 👍🏼 . Here in the same boat waiting for the next step 🚣‍♀️.

It is really processing so fast? I thought it was going to take around 8 months (from the date of sending the I-485 and I-130 application in) until we got the ead/travel permit. At least that’s what my attorney (one time consultation) said and what the USCIS listed on their web.

ah It all depends on a case to case basis I guess. A lot of June applicants didn't get their EAD/Travel permits yet but somehow the November applicants have started receiving theirs. So it's quite something. 

Hope for the best , prepare for the worst ;) 

AOS  (I-130, I-130A, I-131, I-693, I-485, I-765) from H1B, based on Marriage to a USC:

12/11/2019 - Package mailed via USPS

12/12/2019 - Package delivered

12/23/2019 - USCIS cashed the checks. Received text notifications from USCIS with case numbers (12/12 - Case was received, 12/19/2019 - Fingerprint fee was received)

12/27/2019 - Received the 4 NOAs in the mail

12/30/2019 - Received Biometrics Appointment scheduled for 1/10/2020

12/31/2019 - Biometrics Walk-In at Dallas, TX.  I-485, I-765 : Cases were updated to show that the Fingerprints were taken

01/09/2020 - EAD/AP expedite made (refer to my timeline for more details on this)

02/06/2020 - EAD/AP Approved

02/12/2020 - Received the Combo Card

02/14/2020 - I-485 updated to ‘Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview’

I-485 - Interview Scheduled at wrong state:

10/27/2020 - Received a text saying that an action was taken on my case

10/30/2020 - Received an email saying that an interview was scheduled - Case status : Testing and interview

10/30/2020 - Case status changed to 'Interview was scheduled'

11/04/2020 - Received the Interview appointment letter - scheduled in old state North Carolina for December 3rd

11/05/2020 - Called USCIS and requested to talk to Tier 2 officer - opened an SR

11/06/2020 - Received an email that the request was closed as they couldn't contact me - but they didn't

11/09/2020 - Opened another SR to talk to a Tier 2 officer

11/16/2020 - Tier 2 officer called and said that we need to interview at our home state, but I could take a chance and go to North Carolina.  So I requested to reschedule interview at Dallas, TX.

11/16/2020 - Received an email with a Referral ID and that my request was submitted to NBC

11/17/2020 - Received an email - my request to reschedule interview has been forwarded to a scheduling department

11/17/2020 - Received an email with my Case status: Testing and Interview and now it has the status - 'Request to reschedule my appointment was received'

12/31/2020 - We cancelled your interview

12/31/2020 - I-485 updated to ‘Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview’

01/12/2021 - Interview was scheduled (received an email as well)

EAD/AP renewal:

11/10/2020 - Shipped EAD/AP renewal documents via USPS

11/12/2020 - USCIS received the documents

11/18/2020 - Received 2 texts with the Receipt numbers for I-765 and I-131, Case Status was - 'Case was Received and a receipt notice was emailed' for both the cases. Received no emails though

12/01/2020 - Received the 2 NOAs in mail
01/06/2021 - We are producing your new card

01/08/2021 - We produced your new card - Card was picked up by the USPS

01/13/2021 - Combo Card was delivered to me

1 hour ago, Wilson & Hannah said:

8 months seems pretty conservative, it seems for EAD its around 4-5 months at the moment, but then of course it can be a case by case basis.

Edited by skjourney

17 hours ago, AGF said:

So sorry.. I hope it all goes well for you .. been trying to check my case status but the website is down.. now I’m nervous too! 

are you set up for email alerts ? they`ll send you email if theres any change in your case.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
18 hours ago, AGF said:

It drives me crazy...I'm trying to be positive ...thinking like they only want my husband's 2019 tax papers or they want me to redo my medical...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
On 12/19/2019 at 11:51 AM, beaubeast said:

FINALLY JOINING YOU!  Sent documents today, through UPS since I don't think the regular mail is too trustworthy on these Holidays. 

My Visa expires on Dec 25th...yay merry Christmas to me  >>.      So Hopefully I get my Notification in time to just relax. What do you think?

Noa1 received on January 9th.

Biometrics appointment was on Jan 31st. 

Do you guys know how long does the traveling permit and the working permit takes to be approved?

Thank you,

Dee

Timeline
1 minute ago, beaubeast said:

Do you guys know how long does the traveling permit and the working permit takes to be approved?

Thank you,

Dee

I am seeing some people having AOS interviews prior to travel and work permit being approved.  according to my timeline on here...i am due for end of April (our noa1 and bio are pretty close) ...def check your timeline 

3 minutes ago, beaubeast said:

Thank you,

Dee

i looked at your timeline...looks like you did not update it yet for travel and work permit..def do that

Timeline
12 minutes ago, fluffykim said:

I am seeing some people having AOS interviews prior to travel and work permit being approved.  according to my timeline on here...i am due for end of April (our noa1 and bio are pretty close) ...def check your timeline 

i looked at your timeline...looks like you did not update it yet for travel and work permit..def do that

Thank you so much... I kept going back and forth and couldn't figure out where... lol..  I was looking for the form numbers (duhh) . 

I updated them.. hope the prediction is accurate as it's been so far.

Timeline
12 minutes ago, beaubeast said:

Thank you so much... I kept going back and forth and couldn't figure out where... lol..  I was looking for the form numbers (duhh) . 

I updated them.. hope the prediction is accurate as it's been so far.

agree, we are on the same timeline

hey...looking to move to winter park area...how do you like davenport?

Status changed today to “case is ready to be scheduled for interview”!! Hopefully everything goes smoothly now. At least we dont have to worry about RFEs anymore. Or is there still any chance to get RFE at this stage? 

Just now, jnclrc said:

Status changed today to “case is ready to be scheduled for interview”!! Hopefully everything goes smoothly now. At least we dont have to worry about RFEs anymore. Or is there still any chance to get RFE at this stage? 

I think theres still a chance, I assume they change to "case is ready" when they clear your biometrics with the FBI etc

Timeline
5 hours ago, fluffykim said:

agree, we are on the same timeline

hey...looking to move to winter park area...how do you like davenport?

I forgot to update that too 🤐. I live in Port Richey now. We were not big fans of davenport or orlando area... too turisty.. all turist traps, no real restaurants. Other than Disney there's not much to do and prices (even for groceries) were more expensive than here. I LOVE the west FL coast.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.