billding

CFO, what to bring for relationship evidence?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, billding said:

Fiance is planning on bringing emails/chats/call logs and photos. Are these enough?

CFO doesn't look for "relationship" evidence  (don't give them ideas! They are annoying enough.  :lol:  )

Guide for CFO;   https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/cfo.html

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

2 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

CFO doesn't look for "relationship" evidence  (don't give them ideas! They are annoying enough.  :lol:  )

Haha! I know, cfo sounds like a nightmare. Unfortunately, my fiance has to do hers in Manila branch too

2 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

C. Requirements

Counseling Requirements:
(with or without visa)
No need to photocopy any registration document
No need to submit ID photos

1. Two (2) original valid identification cards with photograph (see samples below);
  2. Duly completed guidance and counseling form to be secured at the CFO;
  3. If married in the Philippines, original Certificate of Marriage on security paper from the Philippine Statistical Authority (PSA);
  4. If married overseas, original Report of Marriage duly registered by the Philippine Embassy/Consulate or the Department of Foreign Affairs; and
  5. Payment of PhP400.00 counseling and registration fee.

Additional documents may be required in the event that the counselor determines it to be essential to complete the guidance and counseling process. It is advised for all the GCP applicants to prepare the following documents (if applicable to them) in advance and bring these documents when they come to CFO:

1. Divorce decree/certificate (of Filipino spouse or foreign spouse, if previously married)
  2. Annulment paper (of Filipino spouse or foreign spouse, if previously married)
  3. Proof of residency/Alien Registration Card-ARC (of foreign spouse)
  4. Proof of relationship (picture together, e-mails, among others)
  5. Death certificate (of Filipino spouse or foreign spouse, if widow/widower)
  6. Certificate of Family relations / registration (of foreign spouse)

Is that outdated info then? It's on their website. https://cfo.gov.ph/gcp.html#requirements

Timeline
1 hour ago, billding said:

Haha! I know, cfo sounds like a nightmare. Unfortunately, my fiance has to do hers in Manila branch too

C. Requirements

Counseling Requirements:
(with or without visa)
No need to photocopy any registration document
No need to submit ID photos

1. Two (2) original valid identification cards with photograph (see samples below);
  2. Duly completed guidance and counseling form to be secured at the CFO;
  3. If married in the Philippines, original Certificate of Marriage on security paper from the Philippine Statistical Authority (PSA);
  4. If married overseas, original Report of Marriage duly registered by the Philippine Embassy/Consulate or the Department of Foreign Affairs; and
  5. Payment of PhP400.00 counseling and registration fee.

Additional documents may be required in the event that the counselor determines it to be essential to complete the guidance and counseling process. It is advised for all the GCP applicants to prepare the following documents (if applicable to them) in advance and bring these documents when they come to CFO:

1. Divorce decree/certificate (of Filipino spouse or foreign spouse, if previously married)
  2. Annulment paper (of Filipino spouse or foreign spouse, if previously married)
  3. Proof of residency/Alien Registration Card-ARC (of foreign spouse)
  4. Proof of relationship (picture together, e-mails, among others)
  5. Death certificate (of Filipino spouse or foreign spouse, if widow/widower)
  6. Certificate of Family relations / registration (of foreign spouse)

Is that outdated info then? It's on their website. https://cfo.gov.ph/gcp.html#requirements

Ah .. too late they added it already (at least it is in the "optional area")...  I keep thinking CFO copies the embassy  and they are to be a seminar, not an interrogation.   :lol:  

There is a list of known documents CFO asks of the petitioner that I have added on the guide website.

CFO can be a breeze.  It depends a lot on your fiancee, CFO will focus on the timid, meek and shy ... if your fiancee is self-assured and confident CFO normally doesn't give them grief.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

17 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Ah .. too late they added it already (at least it is in the "optional area")...  I keep thinking CFO copies the embassy  and they are to be a seminar, not an interrogation.   :lol:  

I wonder what they'll do next! 

There is a list of known documents CFO asks of the petitioner that I have added on the guide website.

Yea, I've seen those! Thanks for putting it together, it makes this process so much easier

CFO can be a breeze.  It depends a lot on your fiancee, CFO will focus on the timid, meek and shy ... if your fiancee is self-assured and confident CFO normally doesn't give them grief.

Fingers crossed she'll be fine.

By the way, Hank. Just wondering, I followed your format for the nvc email and I sent them a message through Greenbaums link as well. Is it necessary to call for the mnl number or can I just wait for their email? I work all day and don't really have the time to call and be put on hold.

Isn't the mnl number needed for tracking and the ds-160 only? Is it fine to wait for their email? Or is there a possibility i won't receive mail from them? Thanks

Timeline
2 minutes ago, billding said:

I wonder what they'll do next! 

Yea, I've seen those! Thanks for putting it together, it makes this process so much easier

Fingers crossed she'll be fine.

By the way, Hank. Just wondering, I followed your format for the nvc email and I sent them a message through Greenbaums link as well. Is it necessary to call for the mnl number or can I just wait for their email? I work all day and don't really have the time to call and be put on hold.

Isn't the mnl number needed for tracking and the ds-160 only? Is it fine to wait for their email? Or is there a possibility i won't receive mail from them? Thanks

There is no benefit in calling NVC for the MNL# as SLEC asks for a copy of the NVC letter/email to complete the medical.    

NVC will not respond to the email request until your case file is shipped .. so be patient.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

25 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

There is no benefit in calling NVC for the MNL# as SLEC asks for a copy of the NVC letter/email to complete the medical.    

Thought so. I was just confused on why everyone's calling even when an email will be sent

25 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

NVC will not respond to the email request until your case file is shipped .. so be patient.

Is the NVC pretty reliable when it comes to sending email? Or should I follow up after x amount of time?

Timeline
7 minutes ago, billding said:

Thought so. I was just confused on why everyone's calling even when an email will be sent

Is the NVC pretty reliable when it comes to sending email? Or should I follow up after x amount of time?

When did you receive your NOA2?   It can be a good month before NVC gets to your case file.

If you don't receive a reply to your email in that time, zing them again.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, Hank_ said:

My fiance was able to complete the medical before we received the email with the MNL# from NVC. She used a screen shot of the CEAC website with the case number at SLEC. Not sure if it'll work for everyone. Worked for us. 

Called for case # week of 10/21 - can't remember exact date

Medical 10/28-29 PH Time 

NVC Email 10/30 PH Time

28 minutes ago, Fogi said:

My fiance was able to complete the medical before we received the email with the MNL# from NVC. She used a screen shot of the CEAC website with the case number at SLEC. Not sure if it'll work for everyone. Worked for us. 

Called for case # week of 10/21 - can't remember exact date

Medical 10/28-29 PH Time 

NVC Email 10/30 PH Time

What was the status then? At NVC?

Timeline

Yes ... using the CEAC status page worked for years .. then in this past year SLEC changed the requirements listed on their website.   It is good to know that you can still "sneak by" with the CEAC status page.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.