Adrie23

Petition for a child

5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone.,any advice for those green card holder who petition thier child(under 21.years of age) here in US.I am a GC holder(just recv few days) and my husband is a US citizen.Is it better if my husband will be the one to petition my 8 years old son as a Step child or me as a mother?..As ive read its more faster if a US citzen will be the one to petition.,if so..do my husband must be present on the day of my son's interview?..or it will be okay if its just me?as one of the requirements..what are the strong evidence of relationships that i must provide since my hubby and son still ddnt meet in person only on videochat?

.thank you in advance for those who can answer me🙏

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Its definitely better for your husband to do it as it will be in the immediate category if I am not mistaken and hence no waiting period. 

It is also advisable that your kid meet his step dad before you go through all the process. It doesn't look good to petition for someone whom he never met. 

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
3 hours ago, Adrie23 said:

Hi everyone.,any advice for those green card holder who petition thier child(under 21.years of age) here in US.I am a GC holder(just recv few days) and my husband is a US citizen.Is it better if my husband will be the one to petition my 8 years old son as a Step child or me as a mother?..As ive read its more faster if a US citzen will be the one to petition.,if so..do my husband must be present on the day of my son's interview?..or it will be okay if its just me?as one of the requirements..what are the strong evidence of relationships that i must provide since my hubby and son still ddnt meet in person only on videochat?

.thank you in advance for those who can answer me🙏

It's better if your USC husband files for your son.  It's faster for him as a USC to petition than for you as a green card holder to petition.

Your husband does not to be present at your son's interview.  You can take him.

The evidence of the required relationship between the beneficiary and the petitioner will be his birth certificate showing you as the mom and your marriage certificate showing the link to the petitioner, his stepfather.

The do not need to meet; that's not a requirement.  However, it's better if they did meet as it's weird for Americans to marry someone that hasn't met their young child.  

Timeline
10 hours ago, zaback21 said:

Its definitely better for your husband to do it as it will be in the immediate category if I am not mistaken and hence no waiting period. 

It is also advisable that your kid meet his step dad before you go through all the process. It doesn't look good to petition for someone whom he never met. 

@zack21 thank you!.were palnning to visit him next year after we file.

Timeline
8 hours ago, aaron2020 said:

It's better if your USC husband files for your son.  It's faster for him as a USC to petition than for you as a green card holder to petition.

The evidence of the required relationship between the beneficiary and the petitioner will be his birth certificate showing you as the mom and your marriage certificate showing the link to the petitioner, his stepfather.

The do not need to meet; that's not a requirement.  However, it's better if they did meet as it's weird for Americans to marry someone that hasn't met their young child.  

8 hours ago, aaron2020 said:

@aaroon2020 thank you!..his going to meet him next year,..i process my visa to honhkong so by that time my husband visit me my son was in the Philippines.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.