Jfresh26

Do I need to submit more with proof of ongoing relationship? + questions for K1 visa (petitioner)

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello, I am still fairly new to this process and forum. I have my petition completed and supporting documents printed and everything is ready to go. I am just thoroughly double checking everything before I send the packet to Texas. 

For proof of ongoing relationship I have submitted:

- Facebook messages between my fiancee and I. 1 chat log screenshot per month since we started talking in 2017. (6 pages of screenshots total; 4 per page)

- Facebook messages between myself and both her bother and father and her cousin, all of which I have met in person. (3 pages of screenshots; 5 per page)

+ Messages between my fiancee and my mother. (1 page of screenshots; 5 per page)

- Facebook posts since we started dating in 2018. (These posts have screenshots of our video calls on Facebook) (6 pages; 4 per page)

If I use these listed above, will that be okay?

I don't have a call log, as we only used Facebook and not much for other apps and didn't use mobile until closer to my trip to visit her in 2019. 

I've seen other couples have tons of pages of screenshots and use other apps such as WhatsApp or Viber, but we really only used Facebook. 

I do have my cellphone bill (usage outside of the US) of when I went to visit my fiancee, which has calls to each other but nothing from before then.

I have plenty proof of meeting in person, which is mainly what I think they're looking for..

Is there anything else I should provide for proof of ongoing relationship?

Also, is it recommended to file the i-129 packet organized in a binder or just the papers and documents with nothing else?

Does anyone know if I (the petitioner) am allowed to travel and stay with my fiancee in her country for a few months while waiting to be approved?

I know the beneficiary coming to the US while waiting for approval is not recommended, but is it okay if I can go there?

* Moved from K-1 Progress Reports to K-1 P&P *

None of the relationship evidence is required with the petition. Whether or not providing it (front-loading) is beneficial depends mostly on the consulate involved and totality of your circumstances.

No harm in including them, though. I personally think it's a bit much for most consulates, but isn't overbearing either...some people send in hundreds of pages, of which is all becomes moot as nobody is going to look at that. Quality >> quantity 👍

Best evidence is time spent physically together. FB posts and such can show ongoing communication, but in itself is pretty minor as you can't verify identities, it could be cherry picked, etc.

I-129F* (I-129 is a petition for a worker)

You can travel anywhere just fine. So long as you maintain US domicile and it does not impact your financial sponsorship capability, there's no issue. It's encouraged really because - as stated above - time spent in person is the best evidence.

The beneficiary can travel to the US with a valid visa, too.

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
1 hour ago, Jfresh26 said:

Hello, I am still fairly new to this process and forum. I have my petition completed and supporting documents printed and everything is ready to go. I am just thoroughly double checking everything before I send the packet to Texas. 

For proof of ongoing relationship I have submitted:

- Facebook messages between my fiancee and I. 1 chat log screenshot per month since we started talking in 2017. (6 pages of screenshots total; 4 per page)

- Facebook messages between myself and both her bother and father and her cousin, all of which I have met in person. (3 pages of screenshots; 5 per page)

+ Messages between my fiancee and my mother. (1 page of screenshots; 5 per page)

- Facebook posts since we started dating in 2018. (These posts have screenshots of our video calls on Facebook) (6 pages; 4 per page)

If I use these listed above, will that be okay?

I don't have a call log, as we only used Facebook and not much for other apps and didn't use mobile until closer to my trip to visit her in 2019. 

I've seen other couples have tons of pages of screenshots and use other apps such as WhatsApp or Viber, but we really only used Facebook. 

I do have my cellphone bill (usage outside of the US) of when I went to visit my fiancee, which has calls to each other but nothing from before then.

I have plenty proof of meeting in person, which is mainly what I think they're looking for..

Is there anything else I should provide for proof of ongoing relationship?

Also, is it recommended to file the i-129 packet organized in a binder or just the papers and documents with nothing else?

Does anyone know if I (the petitioner) am allowed to travel and stay with my fiancee in her country for a few months while waiting to be approved?

I know the beneficiary coming to the US while waiting for approval is not recommended, but is it okay if I can go there?

Looks like you are fine..

air tickets, passport stamps are GOLD categories.

Photos are silver

Chats are bronze

=============
5/20/2019 - I129 Submitted

5/22/19 - NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Jfresh26 said:

I wouldn't say this is "not recommended."  It's just that the filing of a K-1 petition for a foreigner suggests that the foreigner has immigrant intent and which makes it more difficult for that foreigner to get a tourist visa and creates a possibility of being denied entry if arriving under the visa waiver program.  You as an American probably have no trouble traveling to her country as a tourist and aren't going to be questioned about your immigrant intent before being issued a visa or allowed to visit there.  And it will help at the visa interview that you can show as much time together as possible.

Edited by jaysaldi

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

facebook messages or text are weak.

proof of visits in PERSON are gold. boarding passes, photos of the 2 of you places together, photos of you both with the others friends/family/etc

of course you can go visit her while the k1 is pending. get more evidence for her to take for k1 interview :)

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.