billding

Does SLEC do titer tests?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I don't know if SLEC does the titer test.  Most taking the medical don't have vaccinations records.     

There are only 3-4 vaccinations that are administered normally, one is the flu shot which is seasonal (like now),  Tdap, Varicelle (if you've never had chicken pox usually very obvious), MMR are the common ones.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Just got my medical done earlier. I do have all my vaccination records, but my records do not have the license number of the nurses who administered the vaccine so sadly they did not accept my records. If I had time I could've had my records validated by a physician but that was not an option for me as my interview is on Monday. Therefore I had to have all three vaccines readministered (MMR, Varicella, Tdap). There is no risk in that. 

I tried to ask the medical technician if they checked titers but it doesn't seem that they routinely do that and it isn't included in the medical exam. 

My results were to be sent straight to the embassy and weren't handed to me. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Peter and Kat said:

Just got my medical done earlier. I do have all my vaccination records, but my records do not have the license number of the nurses who administered the vaccine so sadly they did not accept my records. If I had time I could've had my records validated by a physician but that was not an option for me as my interview is on Monday. Therefore I had to have all three vaccines readministered (MMR, Varicella, Tdap). There is no risk in that. 

I tried to ask the medical technician if they checked titers but it doesn't seem that they routinely do that and it isn't included in the medical exam. 

Thanks for the info.

Did you complete SPUTUM or ..  ?      Asking because you did not hand carry your medical file.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

2 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Thanks for the info.

Did you complete SPUTUM or ..  ?      Asking because you did not hand carry your medical file.

Nope no sputum. Did my xray, urinalysis and drew blood yesterday and immunization today. I was surprised that they didn't give me any of my files but they said they'd send it to the embassy directly. Maybe it's a new policy? 

Edited by Peter and Kat
Additional notes

Timeline
59 minutes ago, Peter and Kat said:

Nope no sputum. Did my xray, urinalysis and drew blood yesterday and immunization today. I was surprised that they didn't give me any of my files but they said they'd send it to the embassy directly. Maybe it's a new policy? 

That is the way it use to be a few years back, SLEC forwarded the medical file to SLEC.   The hand carry is the "new way" ...   

Odd on your not hand carrying your file.  No issue either way.

Thanks

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

4 hours ago, Hank_ said:

That is the way it use to be a few years back, SLEC forwarded the medical file to SLEC.   The hand carry is the "new way" ...   

Thanks

All they gave me were a few pages showing I got vaccinated. They told me to photocopy it and show it at the point of entry.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Peter and Kat said:

All they gave me were a few pages showing I got vaccinated. They told me to photocopy it and show it at the point of entry.

Ah the DS-3025 ... they won't want to see that at POE.     No one wants the CD either.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

13 hours ago, Peter and Kat said:

8 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Thanks

With this possible new way, how many days should we leave between medical exam and interview. We were planning only 1 day since we thought it was hand carried. How many days is the transmission from SLEC to USEM?

3 hours ago, billding said:

With this possible new way, how many days should we leave between medical exam and interview. We were planning only 1 day since we thought it was hand carried. How many days is the transmission from SLEC to USEM?

I think they update it the same day. Using the ceac case tracker, my case was last updated yesterday, which was the last day of my medical. I did my medical on November 13 and 14, CFO seminar on the 15th, and the interview on November 18. The medical is doable in 2 days barring any unforseen circumstances. 

Timeline
7 hours ago, billding said:

Stay with your plan.   One day between the medical and interview should be just fine.

Do you have CFO-GCP handled?

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.