Boiler

Hillary Clinton 'wants to hug Meghan over racist treatment'

74 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

ore interesting is how this has anything to do with the topic.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Progressives operate under the one drop rule.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

1 hour ago, laylalex said:

Oh, okay. Thanks for the heads up.

Back to topic: the Sussexes took baby Archie to playgroup. That baby is gorgeous. https://people.com/royals/prince-harry-takes-archie-to-playgroup-for-the-first-time-with-meghan-markle/

Back o the topic ????

30 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

Back o the topic ????

Isn't the topic Meghan Markle? I apologize if I'm not hewing close enough to the topic for you. 

Timeline

It isn't Baby Rabies.

On 11/14/2019 at 3:21 PM, laylalex said:

Wait, so it's okay if everyone else talks about what they cook for Thanksgiving and Sunday dinner, and about sausages, and whether it's dinner or lunch, but I can't talk about my own experiences in life without it being completely and unacceptably off topic?

Moderation will clarify this occasionally.  Generally if the person who started the topic or the people actually discussing the topic ask that everyone stay on topic, it might alert the moderators attention. If everyone is off topic and nobody really seems to care, they might let it go, although sometimes the topic still gets a warning to stay on topic or eventually might even get closed. 

In my experience, it is not so much about the people being off topic, as it is about how many people are being prevented from staying on topic

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

55 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

Moderation will clarify this occasionally.  Generally if the person who started the topic or the people actually discussing the topic ask that everyone stay on topic, it might alert the moderators attention. If everyone is off topic and nobody really seems to care, they might let it go, although sometimes the topic still gets a warning to stay on topic or eventually might even get closed. 

In my experience, it is not so much about the people being off topic, as it is about how many people are being prevented from staying on topic

Thanks, Steeleballz. I have been slammed a bit recently for dragging things off topic, and I'm trying to get better about it. However, it seems that I'm not really going to get away with anything more than cleaving tightly to topic without criticism. I suspect even this response to you will be considered off topic, and I considered whether it was even worthwhile to respond, given some of the comments I've had recently. 

10 minutes ago, laylalex said:

Thanks, Steeleballz. I have been slammed a bit recently for dragging things off topic, and I'm trying to get better about it. However, it seems that I'm not really going to get away with anything more than cleaving tightly to topic without criticism. I suspect even this response to you will be considered off topic, and I considered whether it was even worthwhile to respond, given some of the comments I've had recently. 

Well in this thread, the OP (Boiler) has been off topic with several one liners anyway. Sometimes,  just the nature of the subject itself does not lead to much discussion. What is there to say, really?  I'm not sure anyone is really trying too hard. 

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

17 minutes ago, laylalex said:

Or it could be no one really cares, but just likes stirring the pot. There are a couple of posters here like that.

Filed: O-2 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
28 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

Well in this thread, the OP (Boiler) has been off topic with several one liners anyway. Sometimes,  just the nature of the subject itself does not lead to much discussion. What is there to say, really?  I'm not sure anyone is really trying too hard. 

The title alone covers several favorite topics: 

1 Celebrities

2 Royals

3 Race Relations

4 Hillary  ---- a favorite here

5 Political Correctness

How could any topic be off topic?

2 hours ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

Or it could be no one really cares, but just likes stirring the pot. There are a couple of posters here like that.

Why, I've never heard of such a thing on VJ, NB. Heaven forfend!

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que