kiwi2426

I-130 Online Filers

1,065 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Tom & Steph said:

If both the petitioner and the beneficiary are outside of the US, is this still ok not to sign it ? I (beneficiary) was thinking about signing it anyways, just in case. What do you guys think ?

Follow the instructions. That's the first thing they look at. There's a reason why they don't want the beneficiary to sign the I-130A if outside of the US. Same with photos. Just follow the instructions (that's a mantra I've seen thousands of times in these forums). 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
9 hours ago, CGs_Mother said:

Are you and your spouse both in the US or are you doing any consular processing? I just wanted to know if that's the difference between getting the nearly-instantaneous NOA1 vs the delay. I'm outside of the US, so doing consular processing. It seems like many people earlier in this thread got their NOA1s within 48 hours. 

We are both in the US. Not sure why it's taking so long for us to get the NOA1...

I-130

12/13/19 - Married in the US to US Citizen
01/26/20 - Submitted I-130 online application
01/26/20 - Received date / Receipt notice date / Priority date
05/26/20 - Approval notice date

AOS

08/06/20 - AOS (I-485, I-864, I-765, I-131) sent to Chicago lockbox through UPS
08/10/20 - USCIS received AOS documents signed by Harris

08/26/20 - Check cashed by USCIS

08/30/20 - Received text messages with receipt numbers for I-485, I-765 & I-131

09/03/20 - Received NOA1 in the mail for I-485, I-765 & I-131

10/05/20 - Received RFIE for missing I-944

10/06/20RFIE response sent to USCIS Lee's Summit's office through UPS
10/09/20 - USCIS received RFIE response
01/23/21 - Received Biometrics appointment notice

02/11/21 - Biometrics appointment (Code 3)

02/12/21 - Status changed to "Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken" (I-765)

02/17/21 - Status changed to "New Card Is Being Produced" (I-765)

02/17/21 - Status changed to "Case Was Approved" (I-765 & I-131)
02/22/21 - Status changed to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview" (I-485)

02/25/21 - Received combo card in the mail (Flagged as lost by USPS)

03/03/21 - Received combo card in the mail
08/16/21 - Status updated to "Interview Was Scheduled" (for Sep 14)
08/25/21 - Interview was cancelled

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
10 hours ago, CGs_Mother said:

Are you and your spouse both in the US or are you doing any consular processing? I just wanted to know if that's the difference between getting the nearly-instantaneous NOA1 vs the delay. I'm outside of the US, so doing consular processing. It seems like many people earlier in this thread got their NOA1s within 48 hours. 

Sorry, my bad. I just realized there was a receipt for us on the MyUSCIS website. I was just checking the case status and thought it would change to something different. It says there that the NOA1 was issued on the same date we filed, so we should be good. We got Texas office 🙏

I-130

12/13/19 - Married in the US to US Citizen
01/26/20 - Submitted I-130 online application
01/26/20 - Received date / Receipt notice date / Priority date
05/26/20 - Approval notice date

AOS

08/06/20 - AOS (I-485, I-864, I-765, I-131) sent to Chicago lockbox through UPS
08/10/20 - USCIS received AOS documents signed by Harris

08/26/20 - Check cashed by USCIS

08/30/20 - Received text messages with receipt numbers for I-485, I-765 & I-131

09/03/20 - Received NOA1 in the mail for I-485, I-765 & I-131

10/05/20 - Received RFIE for missing I-944

10/06/20RFIE response sent to USCIS Lee's Summit's office through UPS
10/09/20 - USCIS received RFIE response
01/23/21 - Received Biometrics appointment notice

02/11/21 - Biometrics appointment (Code 3)

02/12/21 - Status changed to "Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken" (I-765)

02/17/21 - Status changed to "New Card Is Being Produced" (I-765)

02/17/21 - Status changed to "Case Was Approved" (I-765 & I-131)
02/22/21 - Status changed to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview" (I-485)

02/25/21 - Received combo card in the mail (Flagged as lost by USPS)

03/03/21 - Received combo card in the mail
08/16/21 - Status updated to "Interview Was Scheduled" (for Sep 14)
08/25/21 - Interview was cancelled

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

Hello house.

i finally gained access to the RFIE document after there was this error 500 since January 9th.

The RFIE is 5 pages long which on first sight is very discouraging.

What I found confusing is, that the first request is to sign the petition. Not the 130A, but page 9 of the I-130. I thought our online submission covered that part. 

Next request is the divorce decree from my previous marriage because they state the provided copy (Scan) is not legible. I’m tending towards just sending the original and to request a new one from vital records.

The last request is for proof of bonafide marital relationship and that list is looooong. Meeting, Courtship, Relationship, Travel, Photos, Wedding, Marriage after divorce explanation, Children born in Marriage, Other Children, Other Evidence.

Anyone here familiar with this? Is the list the default? We don’t have children and for now only a court wedding (we want the celebration to take place here or in my home country) so I wouldn’t know how to produce this evidence. For the other topics I can surely provide more text messages (maybe 1 screenshot per week?), more tickets from most recent visit, much more photos of us, and with friends and family.

How would you guys organize the last part? Chronologically with affidavit split out over multiple pages, each detail supported by hrs evidence such as tickets, photos, passport stamps and visas?

My hubby is from MENA region so I surely anticipated scrunity after reading a lot in this forum. But I feel under pressure now to organize everything in the most convincing way :)

Timeline

ohhh and I was also wondering - the letter states that I should expect response 60 days after I responded to RFE or I can make service request. But I’m November 2020 filer and won’t be out of processing time. Anyone have thoughts on that? 🤔

do they put this sentence on RFE only, or also on RFIE?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
On 1/22/2020 at 10:50 PM, AlexTragedy said:

Hi! We are abroad and we filed online. I recommend! Much easier and safer, you don't have to worry about shipping documents to the states and you get your receipt (NOA1) almost immediately

Hello! did you have any issues adding the phone number? I really wanted to file online but seems like it doesn't allow overseas phone numbers. Thank you!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

I ended up filing online, and for the phone number part, I put my number in the additional information with the reason why. I added in the country code (Japan) as well :)

...oops I meant to reply. Sorry for multiple posts ><

Edited by Krin
oops

Timeline
44 minutes ago, Jolissa said:

Hello! did you have any issues adding the phone number? I really wanted to file online but seems like it doesn't allow overseas phone numbers. Thank you!

I ended up filing online, and for the phone number part, I put my number in the additional information with the reason why. I added in the country code (Japan) as well :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
23 minutes ago, Krin said:

Oh ok! well it doesn't let me start with 0 or 1 which would be the phone number, so I started with the are area code but then I can't put the whole phone number. Guess Ill clarify in additional information. Thank you!! :) 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Jolissa said:

Oh ok! well it doesn't let me start with 0 or 1 which would be the phone number, so I started with the are area code but then I can't put the whole phone number. Guess Ill clarify in additional information. Thank you!! :) 

Same here- my phone number starts with a 0! And my phone number is also far too long for their American standard phone number entry >< So, I put (000)000-0000 (my number minus that first 0) in my form. Then on the additional information part I put something like "My phone number is a Japanese phone number: +81-00-0000-0000"

Annoyingly enough, a Japanese phone number was acceptable to put in for my husband's information XD Oh well

5 hours ago, Quarknase said:

Hello house.

i finally gained access to the RFIE document after there was this error 500 since January 9th.

What I found confusing is, that the first request is to sign the petition. Not the 130A, but page 9 of the I-130. I thought our online submission covered that part. 

Next request is the divorce decree from my previous marriage because they state the provided copy (Scan) is not legible. I’m tending towards just sending the original and to request a new one from vital records.

The last request is for proof of bonafide marital relationship and that list is looooong. Meeting, Courtship, Relationship, Travel, Photos, Wedding, Marriage after divorce explanation, Children born in Marriage, Other Children, Other Evidence.

Anyone here familiar with this? Is the list the default? We don’t have children and for now only a court wedding (we want the celebration to take place here or in my home country) so I wouldn’t know how to produce this evidence. For the other topics I can surely provide more text messages (maybe 1 screenshot per week?), more tickets from most recent visit, much more photos of us, and with friends and family.

How would you guys organize the last part? Chronologically with affidavit split out over multiple pages, each detail supported by hrs evidence such as tickets, photos, passport stamps and visas?

My hubby is from MENA region so I surely anticipated scrunity after reading a lot in this forum. But I feel under pressure now to organize everything in the most convincing way :)

I filed I-130 online as well. At the end of the process I was asked to sign the form electronically by typing in my full name. Were you asked to sign electronically as well? 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, hoppus said:

I filed I-130 online as well. At the end of the process I was asked to sign the form electronically by typing in my full name. Were you asked to sign electronically as well? 

Yes of course. 
the RFE states that they require a original signature to process my petition, and ask me to submit page 9 only

6 hours ago, Quarknase said:

Hello house.

Great news for you... 

Can‘t believe how quickly you got a RFIE after only submitting your I-130 in November

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Question in light of the above: once you file electronically, before you get an NOA or RFE, can you go back and add documents to your case, or do you have to wait until you get the requests? Because we didn't put in anything with a signature, either. 

18 minutes ago, CGs_Mother said:

Question in light of the above: once you file electronically, before you get an NOA or RFE, can you go back and add documents to your case, or do you have to wait until you get the requests? Because we didn't put in anything with a signature, either. 

Yes you can upload supporting documents after you’ve already submitted the application.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.