kiwi2426

I-130 Online Filers

1,065 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, LBX said:

Personally, I don't think you should bring additional scrutiny to your application for something that is not your fault and doesn't even make sense on the form. It is an obvious online glitch.

It would be interesting to see if others that applied online that have been approved have had the same issue. If nobody else responds then if I were in your shoes I would just wait to hear from them. But then you should do what makes you most comfortable. 🙏🏼

I wouldn’t call anymore, but I read somewhere on this forum when a person called them to report a birthday date error, they advised them to do the same which is writing them a letter explaining en error that they made, but soon after a call that person received an email about reported issue where they were advised to redo their application. So, I am just worried that the same doesn’t happen to me even though in my case it’s a common glitch issue. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

How did you guys upload things like your story/ timeline/ boarding passes etc? I am trying to figure out the best way. I have it broken up into different trips right now and was going to do something like 
Our-Story-1
Our-Story-2
Our-Story-3

Anyone else done something similiar?

Found love, thought I wanted this path, two years later realized my partner was not worth all the stress 😁

3 hours ago, Strawberrymermaid said:

How did you guys upload things like your story/ timeline/ boarding passes etc? I am trying to figure out the best way. I have it broken up into different trips right now and was going to do something like 
Our-Story-1
Our-Story-2
Our-Story-3

Anyone else done something similiar?

I had a 1.5-page "relationship timeline" as one standalone attachment that highlighted important milestones during the course of the relationship. It was in table format with two columns: Date and Description of Event. This did not go into detail about in-person meetings.

I also had an attachment with photos taken together and with friends and family as its own document. I added the date and location underneath each photo.

In another attachment, I covered the in-person meetings and visits. This started with a table that had the columns Visit #, Start Date, End Date, # Days, Description, Location, Supporting Documents, and Page #. The Supporting Documents cell summarized what I included as evidence (e.g. flight itineraries, passport stamps, boarding passes), and the Page Number column pointed to the pages within the attachment where that evidence could be found (for all attachments I included my name, the attachment title, and "Page [#] of N" in the footer, where N is the total number of pages).

Because the visit history was a large attachment, I broke it up into three parts and named each one something like Visit.History.Part1of3.pdf, Visit.History.Part2of3.pdf, etc.

When it came to the page numbers on the bottom, Part 2 continued the numbering where part 1 left off and so on.

Edited by JKLSemicolon

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

27 minutes ago, Rusal said:

To provide proof of petitioners citizenship, should I scan every page of the US passport or just the bio page alone?

you just need to copy the the biographic page, other pages would be for stamps to show visits

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Oman
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Babu Frik said:

you just need to copy the the biographic page, other pages would be for stamps to show visits

Thanks. I was going to include copy of the passport stamps in a separate document that would have all travel related evidence.

8 minutes ago, TedBrosby said:

Finished our application one week ago and got notice that it was transferred to the Nebraska Service Center, is that good news? I heard their processing times are only 5 ~ 7 months.

You should fill out your timeline.  The more data gathered, the better the VJ estimates will be.

If you are lucky, it might be a lot less.  My I-130s for my wife and stepdaughter took 12-13 weeks at Nebraska.

Spouse

Nov. 29th, 2020: I-130 submitted online, NOA 1 Nov. 30th, 2020

Feb. 19th, 2021: Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

Feb. 19th, 2021: I-130 Approved 😊

Feb. 25th, 2021: Welcome letter from NVC

Mar. 9th, 2021:  Received Hard Copy NOA 2 I-797 in mail

October, 2021: One Year Postponement of Move, Visa Completion On Hold

Feb. 4th, 2022: Submitted DS 260

Stepdaughter

Dec. 9th, 2020: Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
7 hours ago, TedBrosby said:

Finished our application one week ago and got notice that it was transferred to the Nebraska Service Center, is that good news? I heard their processing times are only 5 ~ 7 months.

Same here i was giving Nebraska service center but when we received my NOA 1 letter we saw Texas service center ..

On 3/6/2021 at 3:21 AM, TedBrosby said:

Is that a different notice than receipt notice?  I filled out mine a week ago and I just received a receipt notice. 

On 3/6/2021 at 3:37 AM, seekingthetruth said:

You should fill out your timeline.  The more data gathered, the better the VJ estimates will be.

If you are lucky, it might be a lot less.  My I-130s for my wife and stepdaughter took 12-13 weeks at Nebraska.

Has location of your service center ever changed since you applied for I-130 or were you automatically assigned to Nebraska after completing your online application? 

Edited by Nelly_M

4 hours ago, Nelly_M said:

Has location of your service center ever changed since you applied for I-130 or were you automatically assigned to Nebraska after completing your online application? 

Ours was always Nebraska.

Spouse

Stepdaughter

Dec. 9th, 2020: Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

3 hours ago, seekingthetruth said:

Ours was always Nebraska.

Mine was Nebraska when I submitted online application, but the notice of receipt that was mailed says Potomac (which seems to be the slowest one now). I am not sure how they make their determination which cases are getting transferred to a different service center. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Oman
Timeline

Does anyone have any experience of updating their address (from petitioner's perspective) after filing a petition? I'm planning to file online soon and I was thinking about potentially moving out of my current place of residence possibly in the next few months. I'm just worried whether this would have any negative impact to my submitted application and whether there would be any risks that I need to be aware of, such as not receiving important mails, etc.

Hi all,

I'm sorry for asking basic questions but when you file I-130 online, do we need to submit I-130A? And when do I submit I-864?

After filing I-130, will I know what the next steps are?

Also, will I be able to save and complete later?

Thank you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.