kiwi2426

I-130 Online Filers

1,065 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 hours ago, Nelly_M said:

Guys did anybody ever make a mistake on that part where it’s asking you about when did your last marriage end? If yes, what happened? Is there anything that can be done once the application is already submitted? 

How badly was the mistake?   IE, was it after the marriage date of the person you are trying to sponsor?

I have no experience with this,  but I would suggest contacting USCIS to get it corrected.  As long as the divorce decree that you submitted shows the right date,  chances are it's not a problem.

Good luck!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
3 hours ago, Nelly_M said:

Guys did anybody ever make a mistake on that part where it’s asking you about when did your last marriage end? If yes, what happened? Is there anything that can be done once the application is already submitted? 

I had a typo on the Beneficiaries date of birth and was a year off, I didn't even realize until after USCIS approved it.

I was freaking out and searched the forum to see if this happened to others.

I was worried it might be a problem later.

It was suggested to just upload the civil docs and leave a note stating the mistake and asking for it to be updated.

I had called NVC and they said to do the same.

If you already submitted, all you can do is wait right now.

I did see people say to just wait for them to say something if your'e still in the USCIS phase, otherwise they might ask you to resubmit the form and essentially you'd be starting all over.

@Troy B & @Babu Frik When they asked that question “when did your last marriage end”,  I assumed they mean the previous marriage as the current marriage is still active so it wouldn’t have the ending date, and I answered the date my previous marriage ended so that date is now showing under spouse 1 (current). Even though I checked the online app before submitting it several times, I am positive that I did not see this date listed under my current spouse information, but when I checked the I-130 pdf snapshot, it was there, so now I have the same ending date for current and previous marriage. 

Edited by Nelly_M

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Nelly_M said:

@Troy B & @Babu Frik When they asked that question “when did your last marriage end”,  I assumed they mean the previous marriage as the current marriage is still active so it wouldn’t have the ending date, and I answered the date my previous marriage ended so that date is now showing under spouse 1 (current). Even though I checked the online app before submitting it several times, I am positive that I did not see this date listed under my current spouse information, but when I checked the I-130 pdf snapshot, it was there, so now I have the same ending date for current and previous marriage. 

I almost made this mistake myself, I caught it right before submitting.

3 minutes ago, Babu Frik said:

I almost made this mistake myself, I caught it right before submitting.

Lucky you 🙂. I don’t see how there can be an ending date for the current marriage or is it just me that misunderstood this part? 
I am afraid that my application can get rejected because of this. I read this morning that USCIS no longer has to issue the RFEs for clerical errors. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
34 minutes ago, Nelly_M said:

Lucky you 🙂. I don’t see how there can be an ending date for the current marriage or is it just me that misunderstood this part? 
I am afraid that my application can get rejected because of this. I read this morning that USCIS no longer has to issue the RFEs for clerical errors. 

The i130 form is used for more than just spouse visas.   Spouse 1 for a spouse visa, should not have an end date.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, Nelly_M said:

I just helped my cousin with applications. Online applications states when was the last marriage ended so we put date from previous marriage.

Edited by Skaur0609

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Nelly_M said:

Same as I did. Does that date also show as “date marriage ended” for her current spouse on pdf snapshot? 

Yes. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline
8 hours ago, Nelly_M said:

Thanks for sharing this. Well, I used the same logic when I was completing my application. Maybe, they don’t consider it a mistake? I wish there is somebody with the same issue who was either approved or denied that can share their experience. 

Wow. I just went back to look at my 1-130 and same issue.  The end date for Spouse 2 in #21 also showed up for Spouse 1 #21.  

Anyway, my I-130 was approved.  So maybe it is a known glitch.  When I filed my I-130 I submitted my divorce papers and marriage papers. So obviously, I could not divorce my current wife before I married her.  I also submitted my divorce and marriage papers when I later filed my 1-864. 

My wife has her embassy interview in about a week and a half.  She has only been asked to  bring a copy of my I-864. But if anything is raised about the I-130, I will report back here.

Edited by LBX
add sentence, spelling errors

07 Nov 2019 - IR-1 Submittes Online / Priority Date
17 July 2020 - I-130 Approval Notice (Nebraska Service Center)
15 Sept 2020* - Submitted documents to NVC
01 Oct 2020 -  Case FE Review note: Request to submit marriage termination document.
01 Oct 2020 -  Spouse divorce papers submitted
01 Oct 2020 - DOCUMENTARILY QUALIFIED

Notes:
* Foreign police clearance lost by Fedex - delayed submission to NVC by 6 weeks. 

6 hours ago, LBX said:

Wow. I just went back to look at my 1-130 and same issue.  The end date for Spouse 2 in #21 also showed up for Spouse 1 #21.  

Anyway, my I-130 was approved.  So maybe it is a known glitch.  When I filed my I-130 I submitted my divorce papers and marriage papers. So obviously, I could not divorce my current wife before I married her.  I also submitted my divorce and marriage papers when I later filed my 1-864. 

My wife has her embassy interview in about a week and a half.  She has only been asked to  bring a copy of my I-864. But if anything is raised about the I-130, I will report back here.

Thank you for sharing your experience. It seems that this a known glitch. The only thing is that I called them to let them know about it and I do not know how this will affect my petition going further. I don’t know how this will affect my petition going further. They advised if I made a mistake the way to correct this is to wait for their welcome letter and to write them back a letter explaining the issue and then they return everything to you, so basically this is not what I want to do over something that is a common glitch. I don’t know if I should call them back and say that I realized I actually didn’t make a mistake or should I not do anything at this point?

*** Several hijacking posts removed.

VJ Moderation

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline
1 hour ago, Nelly_M said:

Thank you for sharing your experience. It seems that this a known glitch. The only thing is that I called them to let them know about it and I do not know how this will affect my petition going further. I don’t know how this will affect my petition going further. They advised if I made a mistake the way to correct this is to wait for their welcome letter and to write them back a letter explaining the issue and then they return everything to you, so basically this is not what I want to do over something that is a common glitch. I don’t know if I should call them back and say that I realized I actually didn’t make a mistake or should I not do anything at this point?

Personally, I don't think you should bring additional scrutiny to your application for something that is not your fault and doesn't even make sense on the form. It is an obvious online glitch.

It would be interesting to see if others that applied online that have been approved have had the same issue. If nobody else responds then if I were in your shoes I would just wait to hear from them. But then you should do what makes you most comfortable. 🙏🏼

07 Nov 2019 - IR-1 Submittes Online / Priority Date
17 July 2020 - I-130 Approval Notice (Nebraska Service Center)
15 Sept 2020* - Submitted documents to NVC
01 Oct 2020 -  Case FE Review note: Request to submit marriage termination document.
01 Oct 2020 -  Spouse divorce papers submitted
01 Oct 2020 - DOCUMENTARILY QUALIFIED

Notes:
* Foreign police clearance lost by Fedex - delayed submission to NVC by 6 weeks. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.