kiwi2426

I-130 Online Filers

1,065 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, ArwaE said:

2. Can I request a transfer from one SC to another one?

No.  You cannot choose the SC that will handle your case and USCIS can transfer your case to any SC anytime.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sudan
Timeline
6 hours ago, Chancy said:

No.  You cannot choose the SC that will handle your case and USCIS can transfer your case to any SC anytime.

How can I see if my case has been transferred? Someone told me to Ask Emma?? But I couldn't find it on the website

11 minutes ago, ArwaE said:

How can I see if my case has been transferred? Someone told me to Ask Emma?? But I couldn't find it on the website

You can call USCIS and ask where your case is.  But it doesn't really matter because USCIS can transfer your case anytime and any number of times.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 10/30/2020 at 2:44 AM, ArwaE said:

I have 2 questions:

1. Can I apply for an expedite online?

2. Can I request a transfer from one SC to another one? We're assigned to Potomac SC and the processing times changed from 11.5 - 13 months to 19 - 24 months!!!! That's waaaaaay too long 😭💔

1. There's info in the guides. 

2. Imagine everyone could change their processing center,  then which one would be the fastest? 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi  -   i'm doing online app for my husband, he is not in the US,  :   I am uploading my photos online, and the instructions say "Also, include an image of the back of the photograph with your name and A-Number written in pen or pencil."     Is this for the or beneficiary? 

Can anyone explain please?

The back of the photo? I did a digital photo, not printed for the online app.

Since I don't have an A-number, just write my name?

Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
13 hours ago, Ings said:

Hi  -   i'm doing online app for my husband, he is not in the US,  :   I am uploading my photos online, and the instructions say "Also, include an image of the back of the photograph with your name and A-Number written in pen or pencil."     Is this for the or beneficiary? 

Can anyone explain please?

The back of the photo? I did a digital photo, not printed for the online app.

Since I don't have an A-number, just write my name?

Thanks!

per the i130 guide here,  photos of both of you are to be included if your spouse is in the USA.  Otherwise just your own, per the i-130 instructions page 6.  The writing on the back is left over from the paper version of i-130.  When you attach it to the online version it should be clearly labelled whose photo's you are presenting.

3 hours ago, Troy B said:

per the i130 guide here,  photos of both of you are to be included if your spouse is in the USA.  Otherwise just your own, per the i-130 instructions page 6.  The writing on the back is left over from the paper version of i-130.  When you attach it to the online version it should be clearly labelled whose photo's you are presenting.

Thank you so much :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
17 hours ago, Katharinali said:

Does everyone feel like it’s been forever.... 

:(

Yep. Going on 7 months next month and I feel like I've been waiting a century at this point. Especially when I see people getting approved in 5-7 months everywhere else.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, Katharinali said:

I’m on my 7 months going on 8 this month.... and I feel like it’s not gonna be approve anytime soon.....

I hope you get a Christmas miracle and get approved this month! This whole process is wayyy longer than it should be. And that's coming from someone who immigrated to Canada to be with their spouse 10 years ago. I remember my entire wait time was 8 months from sending the application to getting my immigration visa in the mail.

Just now, Cdnusagurl said:

I hope you get a Christmas miracle and get approved this month! This whole process is wayyy longer than it should be. And that's coming from someone who immigrated to Canada to be with their spouse 10 years ago. I remember my entire wait time was 8 months from sending the application to getting my immigration visa in the mail.

Thanks, I really do need a miracle.... being apart for too long is also draining 

Hi everyone,

I am starting the process of applying for I-30.  there are some section i'm nervous in answering.  first we applied for the K1 visa in 4/2017 and got approved on 9/17 but we never went through cause there were some problems with family member being sick and we didn't have time before it expired and financially we weren't in a good place.  we have been together all this time and decided to get married.  for this instance we got a beneficiary A number. 

so my question is do I enter that number when they ask

Have you EVER previously filed a petition for this beneficiary or any other alien?

Was the beneficiary EVER in immigration proceedings?

Do i answer yes to these questions?  

Another question i have is when they ask about how many marriages, we have never been married before so do i enter 0 or 1 because we have 1 marriage together?

How many times has your beneficiary been married?

I'm scared of entering the wrong information and getting an RFE.

Can someone please help. 

2 hours ago, J & R75 said:

Have you EVER previously filed a petition for this beneficiary or any other alien?

Yes - you filed an I-129F petition previously.

Was the beneficiary EVER in immigration proceedings?

No - unless your spouse was ever in immigration court or deported.  Previously applying for another visa does not count as immigration proceedings.

How many times has your beneficiary been married?

1 - your current marriage.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Greetings All,

Please my wife and I are commencing the i-130 online filing this weekend , so i wanted to ask at what point do we upload all the chats records, pictures, flight tickets, hotel receipts ? 

is it during the initial stage (USCIS) after receiving NOA 1 or before NOA1 approval while filling the form i would need to upload this documents ?  or during NVC stage ?

I look forward to responses

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.