kiwi2426

I-130 Online Filers

1,065 posts in this topic

On October 20, 2020 at 4:13 AM, Babu Frik said:

Just I had a touch Friday and I just checked my account and it was updated to Case Closed and NOA2 was in my documents!

No email or anything. Will probably need a few days to get to NVC anyway.

Woww congratulations...

6 hours ago, Babu Frik said:

NVC email just received.

Realized there's a typo in a birthday, not sure what to do about it if I should tell NVC or at the interview.

So happy for you it's getting so close..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

anyone here noticed the changes on myUSCIS site on your case? I noticed today that I don't see anymore when was their last time they touch my application. Last week checked my case and last touch was Sept. 15.

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

Filing type: Online

Service Center: National Benefit Center

Local Field Office: San Bernardino CA

Date Filed N400: 06/2019

Biometrics Appt.: 07/2019 (25 days)

Interview Date: 01/2020 (6.5 months)

Oath & naturalization: 06/2020 (11.5 months)

:joy:Finally & Officially a U.S. Citizen! :dancing:

Just submitted the i-130 petition online this past Saturday!  Overall, easier process than expected though did take a few hours to get everything together and double-check everything (though we did gather all of our evidence over the last few months, which helped).

Looks like we’re in Nebraska now....

Edit: disregard previous comment - looks like we’re just waiting for the mailed receipt notice at this point.

Edited by GoingTheDistance2
Made mistake reading notification on USCIS website

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
9 hours ago, ME_RHEDZ77 said:

anyone here noticed the changes on myUSCIS site on your case? I noticed today that I don't see anymore when was their last time they touch my application. Last week checked my case and last touch was Sept. 15.

the date doesn't really matter

5 hours ago, GoingTheDistance2 said:

Just submitted the i-130 petition online this past Saturday!  Overall, easier process than expected though did take a few hours to get everything together and double-check everything (though we did gather all of our evidence over the last few months, which helped).

Looks like we’re in Nebraska now....

Edit: disregard previous comment - looks like we’re just waiting for the mailed receipt notice at this point.

the receipt is usually pretty immediate, check in the documents tab, would be surprised if you didn't get it by tomorrow.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
6 hours ago, Babu Frik said:

I know but how will we know if the USCIS touch our applications.

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

Filing type: Online

Service Center: National Benefit Center

Local Field Office: San Bernardino CA

Date Filed N400: 06/2019

Biometrics Appt.: 07/2019 (25 days)

Interview Date: 01/2020 (6.5 months)

Oath & naturalization: 06/2020 (11.5 months)

:joy:Finally & Officially a U.S. Citizen! :dancing:

Timeline
1 hour ago, ME_RHEDZ77 said:

I know but how will we know if the USCIS touch our applications.

if it doesn't matter what's the issue?

it doesn't help you any.

it gets touched and nothing happens, or it gets touched and approved the same day.

It doesn't do anything for you except have you constantly checking.

Your timeline estimate is probably more helpful

Your PD is August, you have time to wait still.

10 hours ago, Babu Frik said:

the receipt is usually pretty immediate, check in the documents tab, would be surprised if you didn't get it by tomorrow.

Sure enough, logged in today and saw the receipt in the documents tab (wasn’t there last night).  Looks like Nebraska indeed, and from USCIS’ website 6.5-8.5 months i-130 processing for US citizen bringing a spouse.

Meanwhile, two details we noticed about our marriage certificate:

• My wife’s mother’s name doesn’t include a hyphen on the marriage certificate, but does on her birth certificate.  From some research this morning, it seems that hyphens are not always friends with different government systems (including parts of USCIS), so I’m not overly concerned about this as the name is spelled the exact same otherwise with matching DOB on both documents.
  • My wife’s current address on the marriage certificate has a comma in the middle of her UK postal code, instead of after the postal code before “UK” (comma is where there is ordinarily a space).  

A bit frustrated as we had some back and forth with our wedding planner on fixing a different error with the postal code before the wedding (mis-ordered characters, so a bigger issue), but hoping neither of these present an issue for us as we’ve already submitted the i-130 petition.

My plan is to try and get a corrected version of the marriage certificate as it may be difficult to correct later (for future use), but to not bother with changing our current petition given these don’t seem like substantial errors.  At the same time, I read the various horror stories on here and don’t want to be delayed in the future...

Any thoughts?

Timeline
24 minutes ago, GoingTheDistance2 said:

Sure enough, logged in today and saw the receipt in the documents tab (wasn’t there last night).  Looks like Nebraska indeed, and from USCIS’ website 6.5-8.5 months i-130 processing for US citizen bringing a spouse.

Meanwhile, two details we noticed about our marriage certificate:

• My wife’s mother’s name doesn’t include a hyphen on the marriage certificate, but does on her birth certificate.  From some research this morning, it seems that hyphens are not always friends with different government systems (including parts of USCIS), so I’m not overly concerned about this as the name is spelled the exact same otherwise with matching DOB on both documents.
  • My wife’s current address on the marriage certificate has a comma in the middle of her UK postal code, instead of after the postal code before “UK” (comma is where there is ordinarily a space).  

A bit frustrated as we had some back and forth with our wedding planner on fixing a different error with the postal code before the wedding (mis-ordered characters, so a bigger issue), but hoping neither of these present an issue for us as we’ve already submitted the i-130 petition.

My plan is to try and get a corrected version of the marriage certificate as it may be difficult to correct later (for future use), but to not bother with changing our current petition given these don’t seem like substantial errors.  At the same time, I read the various horror stories on here and don’t want to be delayed in the future...

Any thoughts?

Usually things will physically happen earlier than they show on the website, well because inefficient systems.

The mothers name should be very minor and I wouldn't worry about it.

I think as long as you entered the address correctly on the I-130, I wouldn't stress the issue with the address on the marriage certificate.

You can also provide a new one at the NVC stage.

1 minute ago, Babu Frik said:

Usually things will physically happen earlier than they show on the website, well because inefficient systems.

The mothers name should be very minor and I wouldn't worry about it.

I think as long as you entered the address correctly on the I-130, I wouldn't stress the issue with the address on the marriage certificate.

You can also provide a new one at the NVC stage.

Great - thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I-130 approved.

Petition date: Mar 14, 2020 (NOA1)

Nebraska SC transferred to Texas SC

Approve date: Oct 26, 2020 (NOA2)

7.5 months, no RFE

Edited by Bill Hamze

3 hours ago, Bill Hamze said:

I-130 approved.

Petition date: Mar 14, 2020 (NOA1)

Nebraska SC transferred to Texas SC

Approve date: Oct 26, 2020 (NOA2)

7.5 months, no RFE

congratulation!!! Texas is so fast!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sudan
Timeline

I have 2 questions:

1. Can I apply for an expedite online?

2. Can I request a transfer from one SC to another one? We're assigned to Potomac SC and the processing times changed from 11.5 - 13 months to 19 - 24 months!!!! That's waaaaaay too long 😭💔

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.