kiwi2426

I-130 Online Filers

1,065 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 7/31/2020 at 5:24 AM, Transatlanticism said:

I'm a noobie at this but the variance between the service centers is really baffling to me.

How can it be that one service center (Texas) has 4.5-7 months and another (Vermont) has 20-26 months?

To add to the confusion, some people seem to get through the USCIS in like two-three months (without being expedited) while it takes more than a year for other people to hear anything - at the same service center.

You really don't know what to expect I guess.

People get randomly transferred too, I've seen people at Texas get transferred to slower service centers.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry a newbie question here as well. I submitted my application yesterday, when I looked through I-130 application snapshot, in part 6 even though I selected I didn't get any help for my application in the online application, I don't see box 1a (or any others) was checked.

NOTE: Select the box for either Item Number 1.a. or 1.b. If applicable, select the box for Item Number 2.

1. 1.a.  I can read and understand English, and I have read and understand every question and instruction on this petition and my answer to every question.

2. 1.b.  The interpreter named in Part 7. read to me every question and instruction on this petition and my answer to every question in

a language in which I am fluent. I understood all of this information as interpreted.

2. At my request, the preparer named in Part 8., prepared this petition for me based only upon

information I provided or authorized.

The rest of the petitioner information was completed properly with my own information though. Is this the case for online applications or did I miss something?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
5 hours ago, tony_01 said:

Sorry a newbie question here as well. I submitted my application yesterday, when I looked through I-130 application snapshot, in part 6 even though I selected I didn't get any help for my application in the online application, I don't see box 1a (or any others) was checked.

NOTE: Select the box for either Item Number 1.a. or 1.b. If applicable, select the box for Item Number 2.

1. 1.a.  I can read and understand English, and I have read and understand every question and instruction on this petition and my answer to every question.

2. 1.b.  The interpreter named in Part 7. read to me every question and instruction on this petition and my answer to every question in

a language in which I am fluent. I understood all of this information as interpreted.

2. At my request, the preparer named in Part 8., prepared this petition for me based only upon

information I provided or authorized.

The rest of the petitioner information was completed properly with my own information though. Is this the case for online applications or did I miss something?

I recall reading other peoples posts indicating the previewed/snapshot view does not show the right state of the checkboxes.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello VJ'ers! I'm new in this forum. I submitted my online application on Aug. 28  for my wife. Today, I just checked my myuscis portal and saw under document tab a new document Receipt Notice date Aug. 28. My application is being handled by Texas Service Center. I'm happy that it didn't go to California even though I am a Californian resident. Will wait in the mail for my Receipt Notice and hopefully soon the approval notice I-797.🙏

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

Filing type: Online

Service Center: National Benefit Center

Local Field Office: San Bernardino CA

Date Filed N400: 06/2019

Biometrics Appt.: 07/2019 (25 days)

Interview Date: 01/2020 (6.5 months)

Oath & naturalization: 06/2020 (11.5 months)

:joy:Finally & Officially a U.S. Citizen! :dancing:

Timeline

I got confused. When I downloaded the document "Receipt Notice" from myUSCIS portal my Service Center shows Texas Service Center. But as I checked on egov./uscis.gov/casestatus it shows Nebraska Service Center. Has anyone here experienced this conflict information? Hoping the one printed on Receipt Notice as "Texas Service Center" is the correct and most accurate one.

image.png.c3a4b76a8bc99d55f6e136681d728ec5.png

image.thumb.png.1ddaf841cea5c65a2750001f7a35abfb.png

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

10 minutes ago, ME_RHEDZ77 said:

I got confused. When I downloaded the document "Receipt Notice" from myUSCIS portal my Service Center shows Texas Service Center. But as I checked on egov./uscis.gov/casestatus it shows Nebraska Service Center. Has anyone here experienced this conflict information? Hoping the one printed on Receipt Notice as "Texas Service Center" is the correct and most accurate one.

image.png.c3a4b76a8bc99d55f6e136681d728ec5.png

image.thumb.png.1ddaf841cea5c65a2750001f7a35abfb.png

Shows same for me (TX on receipt notice, Nebraska on case status check page), I submitted mine on Aug 18. Also not sure why it shows different with the case status page so early in the cycle.

Timeline
19 minutes ago, tony_01 said:

Shows same for me (TX on receipt notice, Nebraska on case status check page), I submitted mine on Aug 18. Also not sure why it shows different with the case status page so early in the cycle.

Have you received the Receipt Notice in mail? Hopefully we receive soon the I-797 Approval Notice.

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

Timeline
1 minute ago, tony_01 said:

yup, a week later.

Gotcha. So the document shown on myUSCIS  is the same with the actual Receipt Notice you received? Have you tried calling them to confirm which is correct?

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sudan
Timeline

Hey guys,

I filed on June 27th for my husband and in the notice I recieved it said that my file was at the Potomac SC but now when I checked my case status it said

"On June 27, 2020, we received your Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, Receipt Number *************, and mailed you a receipt notice or acceptance notice. It is being processed at our E-Filed Case Processing Section location. The notice describes how we will process your case."

How can I check which PD this E-filed case processing section location??? Has anyone else gotten this message as well?

On 9/4/2020 at 12:25 PM, ArwaE said:

Hey guys,

I filed on June 27th for my husband and in the notice I recieved it said that my file was at the Potomac SC but now when I checked my case status it said

"On June 27, 2020, we received your Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, Receipt Number *************, and mailed you a receipt notice or acceptance notice. It is being processed at our E-Filed Case Processing Section location. The notice describes how we will process your case."

How can I check which PD this E-filed case processing section location??? Has anyone else gotten this message as well?

That's a normal and standard status. Your NOA1 shows where it's being filed.

Should we still be on the lookout for post mailed notices from the USCIS if we filed online? 

Our daughter's case has been touched on 3 and 8 Sep but we didn't receive any notification thru email nor thru the MyUSCIS account. I'm afraid they might have sent an RFE (hopefully NOT!) and we want to address it as soon as we receive it.

I-130                                                                                   

23 Aug 2020: Filed I-130 online                                         
21 Oct 2020: I-130 approval                              

25 May 2021: Interview

5 June 2021: Entered the US

I-751

31 Mar 2023: Filed at Elgin lockbox

N-400             

9 Mar 2024: Filed online

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

Same here, Receipt shows Texas SC and online status shows Nebraska... and it was also online submission

11-20-2019 - mailed docs to NVC

12-20-2019 - DS-260 done

01-28-2020 - NVC DQ-ed

02-08-2020 - husband flew back to the States

02-14-2020 - IV interview scheduled for 03-31-2020

03-15-2020 - pending IV interview cancelled due to COVID

08-04-2020 - US Embassy notified us - not eligible for a follow -to-join immigration route anymore. Spouse has naturalized. Advised to re-start the process with I-130 😯

"2 heart attacks" and a month later....

09-08-2020 - applied online I-130 

09-09-2020 - NOA1 sent out 

09-16-2020 - received NOA1 hardcopy, case pending at Texas SC, 

Online case status check, shows case pending at Nebraska SC

09-09-2020 - touched

09-10-2020 - touched

09-14-2020 - touched

10-19-2020 - touched

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.