kiwi2426

I-130 Online Filers

1,065 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Bonkira said:

So...if we've submitted online and want to check general wait times, are we looking at the times for the service center that would have processed a paper application? I can't seem to find that info anywhere...

As far as general processing times, there is no distinction between paper vs online applications, so generally you look for the service center that receiced your application. Of course it might be transferred from there to other location...

Current processing times for ir1/cr2 are way faster than general info suggests

11 hours ago, Punisher said:

As far as general processing times, there is no distinction between paper vs online applications, so generally you look for the service center that receiced your application. Of course it might be transferred from there to other location...

Current processing times for ir1/cr2 are way faster than general info suggests

So the service center that would have recieved my paper application is what I should be looking at to start, until I get notice of a transfer (if a transfer happens)? I find this in particular super confusing.

I have been seeing that processing times have been faster. Fingers crossed!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 hour ago, Bonkira said:

So the service center that would have recieved my paper application is what I should be looking at to start, until I get notice of a transfer (if a transfer happens)? I find this in particular super confusing.

The service center that is at the bottom of your NOA1 receipt notice

Edited by DiegoV

Timeline
23 hours ago, Bonkira said:

what's confusing?

you don't necessarily get a notice of transfer, many haven't or get one much later.

But it's not something general you should expect.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 5/19/2020 at 3:02 PM, ykowalski said:

After 29 pages of this thread. Do you recommend me to file online or mail?

I'm from Canada and married my wife who is a USC in 2018. 

My wife is Canadian and I filed for her online I received the NOA1 within a few hours. Regarding images I just uploaded pdfs and jpegs. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
On 5/11/2020 at 9:32 PM, AyeB said:

Thank you! 

It's not actually "estimated" dates update. When you log into your account, don't you see something like this?:

January 1, 2020 

In Process 

Your benefit request has been accepted and us under review. 

Apparently every time when they do something on your case this date gets updated. So in the above example, USCIS did something to your case on Jan 1 and haven't touched the case since then. 

Mine was sent in on May 18th. 

It says "May 22, 2020 

In progress

Your benefit request has been accepted and is under review"

So this means they looked at it 4 days after they received it...? Does this seem like they might be processing mine fairly quickly?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
2 hours ago, Katharinali said:

so i received NOA1 receipt notice a few days after i submitted online, but haven't received any actual letter from the mail. is that normal ? does it matter in anyway?

Thanks

I submitted mine online on May 18th, received the online NOA1 almost immediately and received the official NOA1 (Which was the exact same as the one I received online) in the mail on  May 23rd.

Edited by ES0603

What did you guys include for evidence?

We're still working on it and included

8 years worth of pictures together with family members

birth certificate of our child

bank statement shows both of our names

dental and drug benefit plan that shows all of our names

should we include more? Should we bother with affidavits ?

5 hours ago, ES0603 said:

Mine was sent in on May 18th. 

It says "May 22, 2020 

In progress

Your benefit request has been accepted and is under review"

So this means they looked at it 4 days after they received it...? Does this seem like they might be processing mine fairly quickly?

Hi ES0603,

Only USCIS knows why your case was touched, but I remember mine was also looked at days after I filed it, then silence for months. So I don’t think they looked at my case to process it at that point. 

By the way people also get date changes when USCIS is considering to transfer cases to other service center. They look at cases to see which ones to actually transfer, I assume. 

I hope you will be approved soon! 

Timeline
8 hours ago, ykowalski said:

What did you guys include for evidence?

We're still working on it and included

8 years worth of pictures together with family members

birth certificate of our child

bank statement shows both of our names

dental and drug benefit plan that shows all of our names

should we include more? Should we bother with affidavits ?

that's great evidence, affidavits don't hold much weight, you could get anyone to write a letter.

I think that would be good enough, if you have boarding passes that's the only other thing I might add.

9 hours ago, Babu Frik said:

that's great evidence, affidavits don't hold much weight, you could get anyone to write a letter.

I think that would be good enough, if you have boarding passes that's the only other thing I might add.

No boarding pass. We lived less than an hour from each other and we would visit each other going thru land crossing like on weekly basis.

Timeline
1 hour ago, ykowalski said:

No boarding pass. We lived less than an hour from each other and we would visit each other going thru land crossing like on weekly basis.

That's fine, most people don't have the co-mingling of finances etc because they live in different countries so boarding passes are more important for them.

I think you're all good.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.