kiwi2426

I-130 Online Filers

1,065 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
7 hours ago, Ali_Z said:

Good morning, 

sorry to keep asking questions but when you reviewed and submitted your I-130 was there blank fields  on it? I have answered all the questions the online application asks me and put N/A for appropriate ones but at the end some of it looks so blank? However at the end of the application it says I have answered everything and there were no alerts. Just everyone who has submitted paper says no way can you leave a field blank 😕  Also after you submit initial evidence documents it says about submitting secondary evidence if the initial documents aren’t available. I submitted all initial evidence needed so when I skip this step (secondary evidence) it then says if you don’t provide all documentation your application could be denied? Also did you submit passport pictures of you and spouse? And signing online is simply typing your name in the signature box? 

I feel I’m starting to go a bit crazy with this filing online 😕

many thanks 😊 

Hey. It's okay, I know it seems complicated!

Not sure what you mean about blank fields, I left a lot of them blank if they didn't apply to my situation? Like Beneficiary social security or Alien number, or beneficiary Family members fields were left blank (because we don't have kids). The whole interpreter's page was empty, etc.

Maybe double check all the pages again if you're unsure of anything, ask here but if you've filled everything that applies to your situation, you should be fine :)

Yea.. there was some pop up about extra or secondary evidence, I don't remember if we provided any. Tbh we provided very basic stuff to prove our marriage: photos, join bank account info, proof that we are registered at the same address and I think that was it. Oh and maybe my ID just to show them I changed my last name.

We submitted passport photos for both of us (btw make sure it's the American standard passport photo, not European ;) ). The signature was simply typing the name as you said, I think it was one of the steps like you wouldn't be able to skip it. And the form I-130a has to be signed by the beneficiary, I think it's best to print, sign and scan it.

Hope that's helpful:)

2 hours ago, AlexTragedy said:

Hey. It's okay, I know it seems complicated!

Not sure what you mean about blank fields, I left a lot of them blank if they didn't apply to my situation? Like Beneficiary social security or Alien number, or beneficiary Family members fields were left blank (because we don't have kids). The whole interpreter's page was empty, etc.

Maybe double check all the pages again if you're unsure of anything, ask here but if you've filled everything that applies to your situation, you should be fine :)

Yea.. there was some pop up about extra or secondary evidence, I don't remember if we provided any. Tbh we provided very basic stuff to prove our marriage: photos, join bank account info, proof that we are registered at the same address and I think that was it. Oh and maybe my ID just to show them I changed my last name.

We submitted passport photos for both of us (btw make sure it's the American standard passport photo, not European ;) ). The signature was simply typing the name as you said, I think it was one of the steps like you wouldn't be able to skip it. And the form I-130a has to be signed by the beneficiary, I think it's best to print, sign and scan it.

Hope that's helpful:)

2 hours ago, AlexTragedy said:

pe that's helpful:)

That has helped me so much! Thank you...☺️ I was just worried to leave pages blank if they don’t apply and thought I would have to somehow input not applicable (which is actually impossible on some sections). But like you said if they don’t apply then they don’t apply. Did you actually manage to put ‘N/A’ or ‘not applicable’ or just write NA? It will not allow me to put a / in! I know I am probably overthinking everything! 

proof of marriage sounds pretty much what we have got together so hoping will be fine! You can clearly see our rship over the years think that’s the main point!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello group! 

I submitted my I-130 for my wife this morning, and received the NOA1 earlier this afternoon, we were assigned Nebraska. 😪 I would have assumed Texas because I live there, but honestly just glad they got back to me quickly and the ball is now rolling!

Filed: IR-5 Timeline
2 hours ago, Torrjr said:

Hello group! 

I submitted my I-130 for my wife this morning, and received the NOA1 earlier this afternoon, we were assigned Nebraska. 😪 I would have assumed Texas because I live there, but honestly just glad they got back to me quickly and the ball is now rolling!

Good luck 😃

04/21/20: IR-5 Submitted Online 

04/21/20: NOA1 Issued online

04/27/20: NOA1 Received via postal mail from Texas Service Center

04/27/20: Touched

04/28/20: Case Transferred to California Service Center

05/14/20: Touched 

05/15/20: Touched 

07/01/20: Touched

07/06/20: Touched 

07/06/20: RFE Issued (not available online)

07/16/20: RFE Received in Mail

07/20/20: DNA Done in USA

08/09/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted Online

08/26/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted via mail

09/01/20: Touched

10/28/21: DNA test results Received by USCIS

11/12/21: NOA2

10 hours ago, Torrjr said:

Hello group! 

We submitted ours early January this year and were assigned Nebraska, and just got approved yesterday. No service center transfers.

It looks like Nebraska has been pretty fast these days and many online filers have been getting approved before paper filers even. 

Hope you will get approval soon! 

Timeline
5 hours ago, AyeB said:

We submitted ours early January this year and were assigned Nebraska, and just got approved yesterday. No service center transfers.

It looks like Nebraska has been pretty fast these days and many online filers have been getting approved before paper filers even. 

Awesome news!!! Congrats on that approval! I will keep my fingers crossed. 

Filed: IR-5 Timeline
8 hours ago, AyeB said:

Congratulations 🎈🎊 

04/21/20: IR-5 Submitted Online 

04/21/20: NOA1 Issued online

04/27/20: NOA1 Received via postal mail from Texas Service Center

04/27/20: Touched

04/28/20: Case Transferred to California Service Center

05/14/20: Touched 

05/15/20: Touched 

07/01/20: Touched

07/06/20: Touched 

07/06/20: RFE Issued (not available online)

07/16/20: RFE Received in Mail

07/20/20: DNA Done in USA

08/09/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted Online

08/26/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted via mail

09/01/20: Touched

10/28/21: DNA test results Received by USCIS

11/12/21: NOA2

1 hour ago, xxlanacheungxx said:

is that the NOA1? 

basically yes but you should get a letter in the mail soon, that is the real Notice Of Action, NOA1... im also in HK, filing for my spouse, and filed back in late September, hoping for approval soon..  Good luck!

Timeline
On 5/9/2020 at 11:39 AM, Torrjr said:

Awesome news!!! Congrats on that approval! I will keep my fingers crossed. 

On 5/9/2020 at 6:12 AM, AyeB said:

Congratulations! My husband is also in Houston and when we submitted at the end of January, we got Nebraska. I am seeing lots of NOA2 approvals coming in fast, so I have a question - we have submitted spousal and child I-130s. For those of you who received fast NOA2 approvals (within 2 - 3 months) - are you petitioning for only one person, or do any of your petitions include children? Just curious if we will be delayed because there are two of us to process instead of just a spouse. Sorry, I should add that this is a petition for spouse by US Citizen to bring in a spouse and stepchild. Thanks. 

Edited by CGs_Mother

11 minutes ago, CGs_Mother said:

Congratulations! My husband is also in Houston and when we submitted at the end of January, we got Nebraska. I am seeing lots of NOA2 approvals coming in fast, so I have a question - we have submitted spousal and child I-130s. For those of you who received fast NOA2 approvals (within 2 - 3 months) - are you petitioning for only one person, or do any of your petitions include children? Just curious if we will be delayed because there are two of us to process instead of just a spouse. Sorry, I should add that this is a petition for spouse by US Citizen to bring in a spouse and stepchild. Thanks. 

Thank you! 😃

Our petition was only for one person (me). 
I hope you and your child will get approved soon! 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, AyeB said:

Thank you! 😃

Our petition was only for one person (me). 
I hope you and your child will get approved soon! 

Thanks. That's what I figured - the applications getting processed quickly are for spouses only. Sigh. 😢 Guess we'll just wait and see. Once we're approved, it's not like we can do much else until everything is open - can't get a medical, can't get biometrics, can't go for the interview, can't cross the border to move...hopefully there isn't too much of a backlog of in-person services when the lockdowns start to get lifted. 

Just now, CGs_Mother said:

Thanks. That's what I figured - the applications getting processed quickly are for spouses only. Sigh. 😢 Guess we'll just wait and see. Once we're approved, it's not like we can do much else until everything is open - can't get a medical, can't get biometrics, can't go for the interview, can't cross the border to move...hopefully there isn't too much of a backlog of in-person services when the lockdowns start to get lifted. 

Do you see any date changes on your USCIS account? I saw dates updated on my account twice in early May, then got approved on May 7.
When I saw the date change second time in May, I thought they were probably working on my case and I might be approved soon - and I was right.

Timeline
On 5/9/2020 at 3:12 AM, AyeB said:

Wow that is great! Congratulations! I submitted mine online end of November and got Nebraska, haven't seen any movement on my case yet. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, CGs_Mother said:

I hope you get your NOA2 soon. My petition was also only for my wife.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.