kiwi2426

I-130 Online Filers

1,065 posts in this topic

Timeline
1 hour ago, darth vader said:

Hi folks @onek, @T&S_MTL, @Xyrstine, @lilyl82 - A few quick questions I hope fellow online filers can help me with:

1. I remember that a couple of months back some online filers were getting RFEs and being asked to upload page 9 of the I-130 form with petitioner's singnature. I wonder if that has happened to a lot of people?

2. What documents need a signature before upload? We singed the following:

• I-130A page 3 (beneficiary signed, and selected date from calendar)
  • I-130A addendum for additional address history etc. (beneficiary signed and dated each page)
  • I-130 addendum for additional information (petitioner singed and dated each page)
  • Cover letter (not required, but petitioner signed and dated)

Any other last minute checks before sending that I should be doing?

I filed online and didn't have any RFE's or any special signature request except for at the end IIRC.  Its a digital signature so you don't need to worry about formatting errors.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
5 hours ago, DJG1 said:

I filed online and didn't have any RFE's or any special signature request except for at the end IIRC.  Its a digital signature so you don't need to worry about formatting errors.

Same except the I130A even though, I, the beneficiary, lives outside the US with my wife. It does not hurt.

On 4/25/2020 at 1:44 AM, Xyrstine said:

Just wanted to ask- has anyone that filed online recently (within the last 3 months or so) gained any approvals? I'm seeing a lot of very quick approvals that have been mainly by those that have mailed in via paper form (both here and Facebook). Just wondered if there was a trend there. 

We’ve filled on April 8th and had NOA1 the next date. Since then it says it’s been in the review, no updates.. we,‘be had Nebraska listed on the notice receipt, but I’ve heard IOE numbers don’t get notified if the case gets transferred to another centre. 

8 hours ago, darth vader said:

Hi folks @onek, @T&S_MTL, @Xyrstine, @lilyl82 - A few quick questions I hope fellow online filers can help me with:

1. I remember that a couple of months back some online filers were getting RFEs and being asked to upload page 9 of the I-130 form with petitioner's singnature. I wonder if that has happened to a lot of people?

2. What documents need a signature before upload? We singed the following:

• I-130A page 3 (beneficiary signed, and selected date from calendar)
  • I-130A addendum for additional address history etc. (beneficiary signed and dated each page)
  • I-130 addendum for additional information (petitioner singed and dated each page)
  • Cover letter (not required, but petitioner signed and dated)

Any other last minute checks before sending that I should be doing?

It's been a while since we sent it. What I did to make sure I filled it out correctly is comparing it to the template they had available on VJ to ensure we weren't getting confused by anything. Ensure all evidences required are attached including proof of bonafide relationship. Mine was pretty light on this but I think it was enough. Good luck!

We didn't sign the i-130A as I wasn't with him in the US when we sent it out.

29 minutes ago, Dags said:

We’ve filled on April 8th and had NOA1 the next date. Since then it says it’s been in the review, no updates.. we,‘be had Nebraska listed on the notice receipt, but I’ve heard IOE numbers don’t get notified if the case gets transferred to another centre. 

Well, it's usually a long wait since filing but there have been random very quick approvals recently. And yes, sometimes they don't update you on transfers.

Timeline

Question about all of the quick approvals (we filed in January 2020 and got Nebraska): 

(1) Are all of you who got the quick approvals filing from inside of the US or via Consular Processing?

(2) Will this now cause a backlog for the in-person component (the medical, the interview, biometrics, etc.) since none of that can be completed until the offices re-open?

Thanks!

Timeline
35 minutes ago, CGs_Mother said:

Question about all of the quick approvals (we filed in January 2020 and got Nebraska): 

(1) Are all of you who got the quick approvals filing from inside of the US or via Consular Processing?

(2) Will this now cause a backlog for the in-person component (the medical, the interview, biometrics, etc.) since none of that can be completed until the offices re-open?

Thanks!

1 - outside the US online.

2 - no idea.

Timeline
4 hours ago, DJG1 said:

1 - outside the US online.

2 - no idea.

Cool. Thanks very much. We're also processing from outside the US. Though we're doing spousal and child, so that could also cause a delay. 

Edited by CGs_Mother

Has anyone here had to attach extra sheets for address/job history along with the I-130A? If so, how did you do it? I plan to upload a separate pdf called "I-130A_addendum" but I am not sure if this is the correct way? Any ideas?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Every now and then, the date related to my case on my.uscis.com changes. I filled in late January and at first the date on the tracker was the same as the receipt. Then it changed on late February and now, more recently, it changed again to Apr 26. All of that without changing the status of the case, that remains:

In Process

Your benefit request has been accepted and is under review.

Anyone have a guess why the date would be changing with no apparent change on the case status?

I-130

12/13/19 - Married in the US to US Citizen
01/26/20 - Submitted I-130 online application
01/26/20 - Received date / Receipt notice date / Priority date
05/26/20 - Approval notice date

AOS

08/06/20 - AOS (I-485, I-864, I-765, I-131) sent to Chicago lockbox through UPS
08/10/20 - USCIS received AOS documents signed by Harris

08/26/20 - Check cashed by USCIS

08/30/20 - Received text messages with receipt numbers for I-485, I-765 & I-131

09/03/20 - Received NOA1 in the mail for I-485, I-765 & I-131

10/05/20 - Received RFIE for missing I-944

10/06/20RFIE response sent to USCIS Lee's Summit's office through UPS
10/09/20 - USCIS received RFIE response
01/23/21 - Received Biometrics appointment notice

02/11/21 - Biometrics appointment (Code 3)

02/12/21 - Status changed to "Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken" (I-765)

02/17/21 - Status changed to "New Card Is Being Produced" (I-765)

02/17/21 - Status changed to "Case Was Approved" (I-765 & I-131)
02/22/21 - Status changed to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview" (I-485)

02/25/21 - Received combo card in the mail (Flagged as lost by USPS)

03/03/21 - Received combo card in the mail
08/16/21 - Status updated to "Interview Was Scheduled" (for Sep 14)
08/25/21 - Interview was cancelled

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Just got the NOA2 for our case.

NOA1: February 4th

NOA2: April 28th

Service Center: Potomac, but originally Texas. I didn't know it had gotten transferred until today.

We will not be continuing with this I-130, because we filed the I-130 again with our local embassy two weeks ago, and my husband's visa has already been approved. Just thought I'd share the knowledge, for those who are still waiting :) 

I doubt this made much difference, but I did request an expedite on the case. However, when they requested evidence, I didn't send any in, because we already had our second I-130 filing appointment at the embassy, through DCF.

On 4/27/2020 at 7:11 AM, T&S_MTL said:

Same except the I130A even though, I, the beneficiary, lives outside the US with my wife. It does not hurt.

Did you scan all pages of signed I-130a and combine them in a pdf and then upload it?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.