kiwi2426

I-130 Online Filers

1,065 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Babu Frik said:

I'm a US citizen but I've been married before to a foreigner.

I do have a timeline, are you not seeing it?

Very strange. I see it when I click on it, but it doesn't show in your profile when you post. Sorry, my bad :)

Ah so you sponsored somebody else before? Yeah, might get same scrutiny that I had. Just in case I would start collecting documents from previous marriage. But I would refrain from sending it without being asked for it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 minute ago, Quarknase said:

Very strange. I see it when I click on it, but it doesn't show in your profile when you post. Sorry, my bad :)

Ah so you sponsored somebody else before? Yeah, might get same scrutiny that I had. Just in case I would start collecting documents from previous marriage. But I would refrain from sending it without being asked for it.

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if they ask for something, just hoping it doesn't delay things too long because things are taking so long in general these days.

They will scrutinize at the interview too.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Babu Frik said:

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if they ask for something, just hoping it doesn't delay things too long because things are taking so long in general these days.

They will scrutinize at the interview too.

They have been picking up pace actually - looks like the IOE system is starting to show efficiencies. The coming 6 months or so will be interesting to observe. If corona doesn't put a halt to everything, that is...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
12 hours ago, Babu Frik said:

There's only 1 set of instructions not 2.

That field is the same as the others you mentioned, if that was the case then you should have provided census records etc as well.

Not sure I'm understanding you. My interpretation of the instructions about census, etc is that if there's an absence of primary evidence such as my birth certificate, then the census records and school stuff should be able to "overcome the lack of primary evidence". 

I already had all the primary evidence and proof of citizenship, so I didn't think I needed to submit those pieces of additional evidence.

Edited by Bill Hamze

Timeline
42 minutes ago, Bill Hamze said:

Also, simple question: Does the IOE receipt number count as an NOA1?

No, NOA1 is a 797 receipt notice. It will show under "documents" in your online account after a week or so, and be mailed to you as well.

Timeline
10 hours ago, Bill Hamze said:

Not sure I'm understanding you. My interpretation of the instructions about census, etc is that if there's an absence of primary evidence such as my birth certificate, then the census records and school stuff should be able to "overcome the lack of primary evidence". 

I already had all the primary evidence and proof of citizenship, so I didn't think I needed to submit those pieces of additional evidence.

What I meant was the same applied to the beneficiaries passport photo.

It was only needed if it met the criteria of the instructions.

There's only 1 set of instructions for both.

https://www.uscis.gov/system/files_force/files/form/i-130instr.pdf?download=1

There was a lot of things that gave warnings for not providing them including providing that additional evidence.

Timeline
6 hours ago, Bill Hamze said:

Gotcha. Thank you @Quarknase

9 hours ago, Quarknase said:

No, NOA1 is a 797 receipt notice. It will show under "documents" in your online account after a week or so, and be mailed to you as well.

Mine appeared the next day towards the end of the day.

If you did it Friday then I would expect Monday.

On 11/14/2019 at 10:30 AM, Skaur0609 said:

Maybe they will review your online file sooner compare to other to make sure form is working correctly. You never know. Good luck to you all. 

Please i like to know how you attached your pictures when filing i-130 online.  Also we came across SCHOOL RECORD, CENSUS RECORD AND AFFIDAVIT. What do we have to do with that.

7 hours ago, Eddy2019 said:

Please i like to know how you attached your pictures when filing i-130 online.  Also we came across SCHOOL RECORD, CENSUS RECORD AND AFFIDAVIT. What do we have to do with that.

Timeline
On 3/15/2020 at 8:01 PM, Babu Frik said:

Mine appeared the next day towards the end of the day.

If you did it Friday then I would expect Monday.

I see a "Receipt Notice" under the Documents tab. It is a one-page PDF that has my IOE receipt number, my address, etc. at the top... and the body starts with "This notice confirms that USCIS received your application or petition ("this case") as shown above" followed by boiler plate text. 

At the bottom, it says "Nebraska Service Center" and its address.

Edited by Bill Hamze

Timeline
16 hours ago, Bill Hamze said:

I see a "Receipt Notice" under the Documents tab. It is a one-page PDF that has my IOE receipt number, my address, etc. at the top... and the body starts with "This notice confirms that USCIS received your application or petition ("this case") as shown above" followed by boiler plate text. 

At the bottom, it says "Nebraska Service Center" and its address.

Yup that's it. I got the physical copy yesterday.

Now it's pretty much radio silence for at least 8 months.

Timeline
10 hours ago, Babu Frik said:

Yup that's it. I got the physical copy yesterday.

Now it's pretty much radio silence for at least 8 months.

Thanks Babu. 

I'd assume probably longer than 8 months due to the pandemic, though.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I was about to submit my I-485 but didn't get a chance to get the medical exam ready before the lock down. I heard that you are not required to send it with the I-485 and just take it with you to the interview. I'm afraid they could send us an RFE or deny the application based on the missing form. I couldn't find anything on USCIS website. Anyone had a similar experience recently?

I-130

12/13/19 - Married in the US to US Citizen
01/26/20 - Submitted I-130 online application
01/26/20 - Received date / Receipt notice date / Priority date
05/26/20 - Approval notice date

AOS

08/06/20 - AOS (I-485, I-864, I-765, I-131) sent to Chicago lockbox through UPS
08/10/20 - USCIS received AOS documents signed by Harris

08/26/20 - Check cashed by USCIS

08/30/20 - Received text messages with receipt numbers for I-485, I-765 & I-131

09/03/20 - Received NOA1 in the mail for I-485, I-765 & I-131

10/05/20 - Received RFIE for missing I-944

10/06/20RFIE response sent to USCIS Lee's Summit's office through UPS
10/09/20 - USCIS received RFIE response
01/23/21 - Received Biometrics appointment notice

02/11/21 - Biometrics appointment (Code 3)

02/12/21 - Status changed to "Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken" (I-765)

02/17/21 - Status changed to "New Card Is Being Produced" (I-765)

02/17/21 - Status changed to "Case Was Approved" (I-765 & I-131)
02/22/21 - Status changed to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview" (I-485)

02/25/21 - Received combo card in the mail (Flagged as lost by USPS)

03/03/21 - Received combo card in the mail
08/16/21 - Status updated to "Interview Was Scheduled" (for Sep 14)
08/25/21 - Interview was cancelled

Timeline

I'm wondering whether the VJ timeline factors in the latest developments of COVID-19 and the shutdowns.

Mine says my I-130 will be approved between October 18, 2020 and November 9, 2020, which doesn't seem to match with the 12.5-16 month wait times at Nebraska. Plus the COVID-10 on top of that, I'm expecting to wait 14 to 20 months.

Thoughts?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.