kiwi2426

I-130 Online Filers

1,065 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
33 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

Are you planning to submit your entire chat history?!

No. Just giving them more than enough. 

On 12/21/2019 at 2:16 PM, Quarknase said:

Yes - super easy. You fill everything out, pay online, and receipt date is the day of filing 👍

2 hours ago, B&ANZ said:

I much prefer the online method. I just organised a ton of PDFs with all of our evidence and labeled them accordingly. If your file limits of 6 MB are over, then break down your PDF into multiple parts or compress them using Adobe. I also made an exact hard copy replica of everything as if we were going to post our application as a way of keeping the requried originals together for the NVC stage.

So for those who are considering it, there is a section in the online application where you can put in all the evidence you like. Just document everything. There is a lovely additional information section so you can explain end dates in which are current (i.e. putting in the date of filing) since you MUST put an end date to proceed even if your are still married to the spouse you are petitioning for 🤪.

One thing I did was instead of printing the documents I selected PDFCamp Printer. This allowed me to create PDF's in 500 page increments, which was under 5mb. We have over 200k messages on whatsapp so instead of trying to save a 40,000 page document into 500 page docs. I don't like taking digital pictures and trying to add writing to the back but I guess I have no choice.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
3 hours ago, Mintosman said:

No. Just giving them more than enough. 

One thing I did was instead of printing the documents I selected PDFCamp Printer. This allowed me to create PDF's in 500 page increments, which was under 5mb. We have over 200k messages on whatsapp so instead of trying to save a 40,000 page document into 500 page docs. I don't like taking digital pictures and trying to add writing to the back but I guess I have no choice.

Sounds smart. I went the manual route and copied 2-3 snippets for each week from the txt file into a word document 😁 that was a piece of work I’m telling you. BUT I brought the chat history down to 58 pages that way which I saw as an accomplishment hehe

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Wow, I just checked the processing timelines for I-130 and saw that Vermont took an impressive lead (their current date is Aug 23 now).

I-130

12/13/19 - Married in the US to US Citizen
01/26/20 - Submitted I-130 online application
01/26/20 - Received date / Receipt notice date / Priority date
05/26/20 - Approval notice date

AOS

08/06/20 - AOS (I-485, I-864, I-765, I-131) sent to Chicago lockbox through UPS
08/10/20 - USCIS received AOS documents signed by Harris

08/26/20 - Check cashed by USCIS

08/30/20 - Received text messages with receipt numbers for I-485, I-765 & I-131

09/03/20 - Received NOA1 in the mail for I-485, I-765 & I-131

10/05/20 - Received RFIE for missing I-944

10/06/20RFIE response sent to USCIS Lee's Summit's office through UPS
10/09/20 - USCIS received RFIE response
01/23/21 - Received Biometrics appointment notice

02/11/21 - Biometrics appointment (Code 3)

02/12/21 - Status changed to "Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken" (I-765)

02/17/21 - Status changed to "New Card Is Being Produced" (I-765)

02/17/21 - Status changed to "Case Was Approved" (I-765 & I-131)
02/22/21 - Status changed to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview" (I-485)

02/25/21 - Received combo card in the mail (Flagged as lost by USPS)

03/03/21 - Received combo card in the mail
08/16/21 - Status updated to "Interview Was Scheduled" (for Sep 14)
08/25/21 - Interview was cancelled

Hi all,

I'm new here and reading about the immigration process has my head swirling. I'm filing an I-130 online for my UK spouse. I'm a US citizen. I find the online form fairly straight forward, but I do have some questions ---

1. For the employment part, do I need to just put the date I file as my end date for my current job?

2. In regards to evidence, what all do you recommend? I have finances like tax documents and accounts, but how many photos do you recommend? Should I include a narrative of how I met my wife and what we've been up to since we're married but are living apart until she's approved over here? I also reached out to our wedding party to write support statements. 

Thanks for any help. Paperwork gives me a ton of anxiety but I'd like my wife to be able to live with me!

Edited by moonlobster

3 hours ago, moonlobster said:

Hi all,

I'm new here and reading about the immigration process has my head swirling. I'm filing an I-130 online for my UK spouse. I'm a US citizen. I find the online form fairly straight forward, but I do have some questions ---

1. For the employment part, do I need to just put the date I file as my end date for my current job?

2. In regards to evidence, what all do you recommend? I have finances like tax documents and accounts, but how many photos do you recommend? Should I include a narrative of how I met my wife and what we've been up to since we're married but are living apart until she's approved over here? I also reached out to our wedding party to write support statements. 

Thanks for any help. Paperwork gives me a ton of anxiety but I'd like my wife to be able to live with me!

1... The date you send make sure your end dates on things like employment and current address is the same date as you file.

2... We did intro letters (some do, some don’t). There really is no wrong as to what you send. We sent affidavits from friends/family, photos - we sent 30 and that’s from the last two years (trips, wedding, out with friends) travel itineraries (boarding passes will work),  Any trips taken together (proof of booking) stamps in your passport, wedding/engagement ring receipts.

Hope this helps :) 

oh and welcome to the journey!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 hours ago, familybasedvisa12 said:

Where did you see that? This is what it's showing right now for Vermont:

1676274186_ScreenShot2020-02-16at7_30_00PM.thumb.png.8b4f5e44c1b36a30365c7e0b4fb669f5.png

https://www.visajourney.com/times/

I-130

12/13/19 - Married in the US to US Citizen
01/26/20 - Submitted I-130 online application
01/26/20 - Received date / Receipt notice date / Priority date
05/26/20 - Approval notice date

AOS

08/06/20 - AOS (I-485, I-864, I-765, I-131) sent to Chicago lockbox through UPS
08/10/20 - USCIS received AOS documents signed by Harris

08/26/20 - Check cashed by USCIS

08/30/20 - Received text messages with receipt numbers for I-485, I-765 & I-131

09/03/20 - Received NOA1 in the mail for I-485, I-765 & I-131

10/05/20 - Received RFIE for missing I-944

10/06/20RFIE response sent to USCIS Lee's Summit's office through UPS
10/09/20 - USCIS received RFIE response
01/23/21 - Received Biometrics appointment notice

02/11/21 - Biometrics appointment (Code 3)

02/12/21 - Status changed to "Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken" (I-765)

02/17/21 - Status changed to "New Card Is Being Produced" (I-765)

02/17/21 - Status changed to "Case Was Approved" (I-765 & I-131)
02/22/21 - Status changed to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview" (I-485)

02/25/21 - Received combo card in the mail (Flagged as lost by USPS)

03/03/21 - Received combo card in the mail
08/16/21 - Status updated to "Interview Was Scheduled" (for Sep 14)
08/25/21 - Interview was cancelled

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

We filed online 1-26-2020, received NOA1 the next day. Says we are at Nebraska. Received the hard copy in the mail the following week.
I uploaded about 300 pages of documents spanning from 2014 - 2020 (we can see all our documents we submitted online) also (our revoked case shows up also, gives the opportunity to remove it however I want to keep it there)
We were Revoked in October 2019 after a 3.5 year battle (married 2016)
Starting over is truly heartbreaking...
We filed for our FOIA in November 2019 and it's currently being worked on (we have a confirmation number with it as well)
Will request an expatiate within a few weeks. (medical reasons)
Has anyone applied for 129? (heard it no longer works)

6 hours ago, Look-Beyond said:

We filed online 1-26-2020, received NOA1 the next day. Says we are at Nebraska. Received the hard copy in the mail the following week.
I uploaded about 300 pages of documents spanning from 2014 - 2020 (we can see all our documents we submitted online) also (our revoked case shows up also, gives the opportunity to remove it however I want to keep it there)
We were Revoked in October 2019 after a 3.5 year battle (married 2016)
Starting over is truly heartbreaking...
We filed for our FOIA in November 2019 and it's currently being worked on (we have a confirmation number with it as well)
Will request an expatiate within a few weeks. (medical reasons)
Has anyone applied for 129? (heard it no longer works)

where do you see your NOA1? it hasn't been a complete day for me yet and today is a federal holiday as well but i'd still like to check

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
On 2/16/2020 at 5:07 PM, moonlobster said:

Thanks, Karol!

I also assume the sections on the I-130 that ask for the permanent resident card I leave blank since that's what we're working on obtaining? 

Not sure which question you are referring to, but generally all questions in the I-130 are about the Petitioner. Only Part 4 asks questions about the Beneficiary.

Keep in mind that this is the first step, where the Petitioner applies to be approved to petition someone, so most questions are about them and not about the Beneficiary.

The Beneficiary will have their big moment afterwards, when the petition has been approved 🤪

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline
Just now, Look-Beyond said:

Log in to your account and its under the documents tab at the top. It could take a day.

Log in to your account and its under the documents tab at the top. It could take a day.

16 hours ago, mo93 said:

where do you see your NOA1? it hasn't been a complete day for me yet and today is a federal holiday as well but i'd still like to check

aaaaaaaaa.JPG

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.