kiwi2426

I-130 Online Filers

1,065 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
18 minutes ago, B&ANZ said:

On average, how long is it taking to get an NOA1 after filing online? I know the paper one will take several days, but not sure about the digital one.

I think it was around 5/6 days until the document was available under documents tab

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, B&ANZ said:

On average, how long is it taking to get an NOA1 after filing online? I know the paper one will take several days, but not sure about the digital one.

We didn't get a digital one until after our paper one arrived. We filed electronically on a Monday night (Jan 27) and my husband had the NOA1 in his mailbox on Friday. The digital one wasn't available until the following week. We got a receipt right away though.

8 hours ago, B&ANZ said:

Mine took 12 days for a notification online. Not sure if it's an anomaly but it can take longer than those saying it was pretty instant as some others have posted too.

Edited by Xyrstine

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi online filers,

How was the UX (user experience) when you filed online? Were you easily able to fill in all fields, including leaving "N/A" or "Not applicable" or "None" in fields that didn't apply to you?

1 hour ago, Bill Hamze said:

Hi online filers,

How was the UX (user experience) when you filed online? Were you easily able to fill in all fields, including leaving "N/A" or "Not applicable" or "None" in fields that didn't apply to you?

If we could choose to do it again then I would send papers. The online filing seems good and is convenient however it had many errors on it when we viewed the case snapshot. 
We have been in touch with USCIS tier 2 about it.

It doesn’t let you fill out N/A, or present. Still think it has kinks to iron out.

You have to put your dates (from - to)  and your to day has to be present day, ie meaning when you’re filling it out which is ridiculously.

We are both from English speaking countries so there was nothing difficult about filling it at all, you just have to be careful because our is a mess.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, KarolBoris said:

If we could choose to do it again then I would send papers. The online filing seems good and is convenient however it had many errors on it when we viewed the case snapshot. 
We have been in touch with USCIS tier 2 about it.

It doesn’t let you fill out N/A, or present. Still think it has kinks to iron out.

You have to put your dates (from - to)  and your to day has to be present day, ie meaning when you’re filling it out which is ridiculously.

We are both from English speaking countries so there was nothing difficult about filling it at all, you just have to be careful because our is a mess.

Yeah, that's what I'm worried about. My PDF editor (Adobe) doesn't let me put in N/A either. But if I type it out as "Not Applicable", it works. 

I heard from others that you just put in the application date as the "end date" of the marriage, etc. and that's what USCIS said. 

But yeah, maybe I should reconsider filing online.

13 minutes ago, Bill Hamze said:

Yeah, that's what I'm worried about. My PDF editor (Adobe) doesn't let me put in N/A either. But if I type it out as "Not Applicable", it works. 

I heard from others that you just put in the application date as the "end date" of the marriage, etc. and that's what USCIS said. 

But yeah, maybe I should reconsider filing online.

The only thing we liked was the liked was the convenience about it. I’m dreading the wait for NOA2 because there will be an RFE for sure. We obviously filed in Dec so still pretty new (as it is now) but if we were allowed to do it all again then I would for sure opt to send in the hard copy. They really need to take a look or stop allowing people to use it and file until it’s 100%.

Good Luck

Timeline
Just now, KarolBoris said:

The only thing we liked was the liked was the convenience about it. I’m dreading the wait for NOA2 because there will be an RFE for sure. We obviously filed in Dec so still pretty new (as it is now) but if we were allowed to do it all again then I would for sure opt to send in the hard copy. They really need to take a look or stop allowing people to use it and file until it’s 100%.

Good Luck

Thanks very much. I wish you best of luck as well and hope your NOA2 goes smoother than you think. 

I'm leaning towards filing by mail now.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm sure leaving blank instead of N/A or setting the date of the day you submit online is totally fine.

It won't make you get an RFE unless there is something I really don't understand. I'm sure they adapt as much as we do ! 😉 Let's stay positive ! I would focus on the content instead...like the documents you upload to show that your relationship is real and all about love.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
On 11/12/2019 at 4:04 AM, kiwi2426 said:

Hi, I wanted to start a new topic for those of us who applied using the new online application given that little is known about how this process will work. For those who are debating, the online process was super simple. You fill out an online form that basically auto-populates the I-130 PDF form that we all are familiar with and you get a download-able PDF version all filled out at the end. You are allowed to upload all you evidence as pdf or jpeg files. I did pdfs. I didn't have an issue with page/file limits as some others are mentioning but my longest file (relationship timeline) was only 9 pages long. We had the paper application all ready to go but I liked the idea of security in knowing that all the materials that were sent had arrived and I wouldn't have to stress about that.

We filed and received an IOE number and notification that our case had be accepted for review the very next day. On the case status, it says that our case is "being processed at our Integrated Operating Env location". Not sure what this means but have reached out for clarification. Will let you know what I hear.

Where did you attach your "relationship timeline"? Did you include messages or.......? I have included pictures of our wedding and financial stuff but that is it so far.

I much prefer the online method. I just organised a ton of PDFs with all of our evidence and labeled them accordingly. If your file limits of 6 MB are over, then break down your PDF into multiple parts or compress them using Adobe. I also made an exact hard copy replica of everything as if we were going to post our application as a way of keeping the requried originals together for the NVC stage.

So for those who are considering it, there is a section in the online application where you can put in all the evidence you like. Just document everything. There is a lovely additional information section so you can explain end dates in which are current (i.e. putting in the date of filing) since you MUST put an end date to proceed even if your are still married to the spouse you are petitioning for 🤪.

USCIS

02/12/2020: Submitted I-130 online 🥳

02/12/2020 : NOA1 (Nebraska) - received online 02/13🤬

02/18/2020 : Mailed K3 ☘️

02/23/2020: Touched

02/23/2020: "Transfered" to Potomac

02/25/2020 : NOA1 (Potomac) K3

04/09/2020: RFE 😫

04/13/2020: RFE response sent 😬

05/04/2020: "Request for RFE evidence received by USCIS"

05/06/2020: Touched

06/15/2020: Touched

06/16/2020: "Case is Being Actively Reviewed by USCIS"

06/16/2020 : NOA2 (Potomac)

07/15/2020 : K3 denied

NVC

06/17/2020: Welcome Letter

06/18/2020: Paid AOS and IV fees 

07/03/2020: NVC expedite sent

07/07/2020: Submit everything to NVC

07/08/2020: Documentarily Qualifed (less than 24 hours!) 🥰

07/09/2020: NVC expedite in review

07/14/2020: NVC expedite approved!!🥳

Embassy

07/16/2020: Embassy received case

07/27/2020: Interview Letter

07/30/2020: Medical

08/12/2020 : Interview - cancelled due to alert Level 3 in Auckland :( 

09/16/2020: Interview - APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!🥰🥳♥️👩‍❤️‍👨

09/17/2020: CEAC status says "Issued"🥳

09/18/2020: Visa in hand - flight booked!

09/24/2020 : POE

I-751 ROC

06/30/2022: NOA1 (MSC)

“Love knows not distance; it hath no continent; its eyes are for the stars.”🌏

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
On 12/21/2019 at 2:16 PM, Quarknase said:

Yes - super easy. You fill everything out, pay online, and receipt date is the day of filing 👍

1 hour ago, B&ANZ said:

I much prefer the online method. I just organised a ton of PDFs with all of our evidence and labeled them accordingly. If your file limits of 6 MB are over, then break down your PDF into multiple parts or compress them using Adobe. I also made an exact hard copy replica of everything as if we were going to post our application as a way of keeping the requried originals together for the NVC stage.

So for those who are considering it, there is a section in the online application where you can put in all the evidence you like. Just document everything. There is a lovely additional information section so you can explain end dates in which are current (i.e. putting in the date of filing) since you MUST put an end date to proceed even if your are still married to the spouse you are petitioning for 🤪.

One thing I did was instead of printing the documents I selected PDFCamp Printer. This allowed me to create PDF's in 500 page increments, which was under 5mb. We have over 200k messages on whatsapp so instead of trying to save a 40,000 page document into 500 page docs. I don't like taking digital pictures and trying to add writing to the back but I guess I have no choice.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
1 minute ago, Mintosman said:

One thing I did was instead of printing the documents I selected PDFCamp Printer. This allowed me to create PDF's in 500 page increments, which was under 5mb. We have over 200k messages on whatsapp so instead of trying to save a 40,000 page document into 500 page docs. I don't like taking digital pictures and trying to add writing to the back but I guess I have no choice.

Are you planning to submit your entire chat history?!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.