kiwi2426

I-130 Online Filers

1,065 posts in this topic

Has anyone had any problems with the online payment system once the i-130 is ready for payment and submission?  Details of the problem are in this thread?

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/731649-problems-with-uscis-online-payment-for-i-130-online-file-from-abroad-so-frustrating/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
7 hours ago, OhWow said:

I followed what people suggested and just used present date (given that you can't leave it blank). Not sure if this will do it, but I think it was the only option available to proceed with the form.

Hello, it's ok to do the present date- we filed online, used the present date and my i130 got approved  ;)

Edited by Inita

22 minutes ago, Inita said:

Hello, it's ok to do the present date- we filed online, used the present date and my i130 got approved  ;)

Did you expedite?  Can I ask for the reason?  Am trying now to make a strong case but having a hard time haha.

Timeline
33 minutes ago, cbro said:

Did you expedite?  Can I ask for the reason?  Am trying now to make a strong case but having a hard time haha.

Hey,

Sure! We requested expedite due to severe financial loss to my husband's (petitioner) company and financial hardship to my husband. My i130 was approved 53 days after expedite was approved but our son's is still not approved (56 days now since expedite was approved).... 

We had a letter from my husband's company to support the request. 

Good luck with your case 🙏😊

9 minutes ago, Inita said:

financial hardship to my husband

Thanks!  Was it something like your husband's job was being moved back to US or?  That is one of the ways I am trying - if my company moves from role/position to US.

Timeline
22 minutes ago, cbro said:

Thanks!  Was it something like your husband's job was being moved back to US or?  That is one of the ways I am trying - if my company moves from role/position to US.

Yup that is the case. Short notice of job relocation back to the US ;)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
9 hours ago, Inita said:

Thanks! And congratulations about the i130!

I-130

12/13/19 - Married in the US to US Citizen
01/26/20 - Submitted I-130 online application
01/26/20 - Received date / Receipt notice date / Priority date
05/26/20 - Approval notice date

AOS

08/06/20 - AOS (I-485, I-864, I-765, I-131) sent to Chicago lockbox through UPS
08/10/20 - USCIS received AOS documents signed by Harris

08/26/20 - Check cashed by USCIS

08/30/20 - Received text messages with receipt numbers for I-485, I-765 & I-131

09/03/20 - Received NOA1 in the mail for I-485, I-765 & I-131

10/05/20 - Received RFIE for missing I-944

10/06/20RFIE response sent to USCIS Lee's Summit's office through UPS
10/09/20 - USCIS received RFIE response
01/23/21 - Received Biometrics appointment notice

02/11/21 - Biometrics appointment (Code 3)

02/12/21 - Status changed to "Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken" (I-765)

02/17/21 - Status changed to "New Card Is Being Produced" (I-765)

02/17/21 - Status changed to "Case Was Approved" (I-765 & I-131)
02/22/21 - Status changed to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview" (I-485)

02/25/21 - Received combo card in the mail (Flagged as lost by USPS)

03/03/21 - Received combo card in the mail
08/16/21 - Status updated to "Interview Was Scheduled" (for Sep 14)
08/25/21 - Interview was cancelled

Hi everyone, for the uploading of i-130A supplementary form for the spouse, should it be in one file? or separate file for each pages? This question also goes out to all docs and pictures to be uploaded,

can we combine in one file per upload? or one photo per upload? 

Also, for the blank fields on the I-130A form, should I put N/A or I can just leave it blank and scan, upload.

Thank you so much!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Pssol said:

Hi everyone, for the uploading of i-130A supplementary form for the spouse, should it be in one file? or separate file for each pages? This question also goes out to all docs and pictures to be uploaded,

can we combine in one file per upload? or one photo per upload? 

Also, for the blank fields on the I-130A form, should I put N/A or I can just leave it blank and scan, upload.

Thank you so much!

It goes by item. One file for the 130a, on file for marriage certificate (we put the marriage certificate with its translation in one file for example) and so on...pictures in one file as well (page 1 for fronts and page 2 for backs).

On the I130A, we personally put "N/A" in the first field of big sections (interpreter for instance) that do not apply to our case. Sometime it says "fill if...", then we leave blank.

Edited by Tom & Steph

9 minutes ago, Tom & Steph said:

It goes by item. One file for the 130a, on file for marriage certificate (we put the marriage certificate with its translation in one file for example) and so on...pictures in one file as well (page 1 for fronts and page 2 for backs).

On the I130A, we personally put "N/A" in the first field of big sections (interpreter for instance) that do not apply to our case. Sometime it says "fill if...", then we leave blank.

Thank you, this will help a lot! A little confused on the front and back part of the pictures that you mentioned, What do you put on the back part of the picures? Im assuming pictures (relationship photos)

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Pssol said:

Thank you, this will help a lot! A little confused on the front and back part of the pictures that you mentioned, What do you put on the back part of the picures? Im assuming pictures (relationship photos)

I meant passport photos for fronts and backs. There is the stamp with the date on the back when you get them in Canada, we added our full names and signed them. Some people just sign them or write down their name, since it's online it's confusing, so we did all since it does not hurt.

For our photo album it's about a picture for each month of our 3 year relationship, 2 or 3 by page, we added "when-where-who-what" caption for each.

Edited by Tom & Steph

Timeline

Has anybody experienced difficulties paying online ?

I filled the payment informations with a canadian credit card...and I got an error page; like a request timeout :( This card always worked, even in the US a few months ago.

On average, how long is it taking to get an NOA1 after filing online? I know the paper one will take several days, but not sure about the digital one.

USCIS

02/12/2020: Submitted I-130 online 🥳

02/12/2020 : NOA1 (Nebraska) - received online 02/13🤬

02/18/2020 : Mailed K3 ☘️

02/23/2020: Touched

02/23/2020: "Transfered" to Potomac

02/25/2020 : NOA1 (Potomac) K3

04/09/2020: RFE 😫

04/13/2020: RFE response sent 😬

05/04/2020: "Request for RFE evidence received by USCIS"

05/06/2020: Touched

06/15/2020: Touched

06/16/2020: "Case is Being Actively Reviewed by USCIS"

06/16/2020 : NOA2 (Potomac)

07/15/2020 : K3 denied

NVC

06/17/2020: Welcome Letter

06/18/2020: Paid AOS and IV fees 

07/03/2020: NVC expedite sent

07/07/2020: Submit everything to NVC

07/08/2020: Documentarily Qualifed (less than 24 hours!) 🥰

07/09/2020: NVC expedite in review

07/14/2020: NVC expedite approved!!🥳

Embassy

07/16/2020: Embassy received case

07/27/2020: Interview Letter

07/30/2020: Medical

08/12/2020 : Interview - cancelled due to alert Level 3 in Auckland :( 

09/16/2020: Interview - APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!🥰🥳♥️👩‍❤️‍👨

09/17/2020: CEAC status says "Issued"🥳

09/18/2020: Visa in hand - flight booked!

09/24/2020 : POE

I-751 ROC

06/30/2022: NOA1 (MSC)

“Love knows not distance; it hath no continent; its eyes are for the stars.”🌏

Timeline
12 minutes ago, B&ANZ said:

On average, how long is it taking to get an NOA1 after filing online? I know the paper one will take several days, but not sure about the digital one.

It's a matter of hours if I remember well. I would not be surprised having NOA1 tomorrow or on Friday.

Timeline
23 hours ago, Tom & Steph said:

Has anybody experienced difficulties paying online ?

I filled the payment informations with a canadian credit card...and I got an error page; like a request timeout :( This card always worked, even in the US a few months ago.

FYI I fixed the issue by submitting the online application on Windows.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.