kiwi2426

I-130 Online Filers

1,065 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
3 hours ago, OhWow said:

I think, in the end, everything can change - the same way Potomac used to be the fastest one. In just a matter of 1 or 2 months, Nebraska could become the fastest office. It only takes an internal policy to change or for them to transfer a bunch of cases somewhere else. So don't worry, we are all in this together :)

I'm more worried about times, in regards to filling online vs paper (using concurrent processing). My fear is that using concurrent processing (only available for paper fillers) would speed up the process (at least a little bit). For what I understand, if we filled online, we need to wait until our I-130 is approved before we can file the I-485, right?

If you are within the US adjusting status you can send your 485 and your 131 and 765 right now, and in fact you should do that ASAP because your NOA1 for your 485 is your proof of legal status in the US until you receive your green card. If you’re not adjusting status within the US then 485 is never used 

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

5 hours ago, CGs_Mother said:

OK, I'm totally convinced that all online I-130s go to Nebraska. We got our NOA1 in the MAIL on Friday (not email, via USPS) at my husband's house. Our centre is Nebraska 😕 . Oh well, at least we got the NOA1s FAST!

Here we go...

When did you send your online CR1 off? 

we filed the first day it went live (November 1st I think), but so far have only had the receipt! :(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Hannahl4211 said:

When did you send your online CR1 off? 

we filed the first day it went live (November 1st I think), but so far have only had the receipt! :(

A week ago today. My husband received hard copies of the NOA1 in the post on Friday. Not via email. Via POST only. Are you both outside of the US or is your spouse in the US? Also, is the petitioner a US Citizen? 

Look at the top corner of your receipt. Does it say "Notice of Action"? Or do you mean you only received the email receipt? 

Edited by CGs_Mother

3 minutes ago, CGs_Mother said:

A week ago today. My husband received hard copies of the NOA1 in the post on Friday. Not via email. Via POST only. Are you both outside of the US or is your spouse in the US? Also, is the petitioner a US Citizen? 

Look at the top corner of your receipt. Does it say "Notice of Action"? Or do you mean you only received the email receipt? 

I’m from the UK, he is an American citizen... which makes it really hard because normally I’m in control of all the paperwork haha 😂 I’m going to get him to check now. Did it tell you on the receipt where your centre was?

Sorry for all the questions! 

15 minutes ago, CGs_Mother said:

He had a letter in the post a few weeks ago...It says I-797C notice of action at the top, and then at the bottom has the Texas service centre address! So I assume that’s the one? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, LilyJ said:

If you are within the US adjusting status you can send your 485 and your 131 and 765 right now, and in fact you should do that ASAP because your NOA1 for your 485 is your proof of legal status in the US until you receive your green card. If you’re not adjusting status within the US then 485 is never used 

Thanks, that's really helpful. My husband is in the US on a H1B visa. But we thought we had to wait for the 130 to be approved before we could carry on with the other forms. I'll definitely send the 485 ASAP now. Thank you so much!

I-130

12/13/19 - Married in the US to US Citizen
01/26/20 - Submitted I-130 online application
01/26/20 - Received date / Receipt notice date / Priority date
05/26/20 - Approval notice date

AOS

08/06/20 - AOS (I-485, I-864, I-765, I-131) sent to Chicago lockbox through UPS
08/10/20 - USCIS received AOS documents signed by Harris

08/26/20 - Check cashed by USCIS

08/30/20 - Received text messages with receipt numbers for I-485, I-765 & I-131

09/03/20 - Received NOA1 in the mail for I-485, I-765 & I-131

10/05/20 - Received RFIE for missing I-944

10/06/20RFIE response sent to USCIS Lee's Summit's office through UPS
10/09/20 - USCIS received RFIE response
01/23/21 - Received Biometrics appointment notice

02/11/21 - Biometrics appointment (Code 3)

02/12/21 - Status changed to "Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken" (I-765)

02/17/21 - Status changed to "New Card Is Being Produced" (I-765)

02/17/21 - Status changed to "Case Was Approved" (I-765 & I-131)
02/22/21 - Status changed to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview" (I-485)

02/25/21 - Received combo card in the mail (Flagged as lost by USPS)

03/03/21 - Received combo card in the mail
08/16/21 - Status updated to "Interview Was Scheduled" (for Sep 14)
08/25/21 - Interview was cancelled

Timeline
7 hours ago, Hannahl4211 said:

He had a letter in the post a few weeks ago...It says I-797C notice of action at the top, and then at the bottom has the Texas service centre address! So I assume that’s the one? 

Yep. That's the NOA1! Congratulations on getting Texas. :) Tell him to keep checking his post and to tell you about EVERYTHING that comes in!! 😂

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

Hi All,

Anyone filing online received an RFE asking to sign the I-130?

SIGN THE PETITION

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) requires an original signature to process your petition.

Submit Page 9 of the I-130 with the following fields completed: Part 6 #6a-b.

We received a very long RFE, but this was the first part they're asking for on the list.

Also, the letter stated that we should hear back within 60 days after the response was received, or else we can make inquiry. We only filed in November 2019... Does "hear back" mean we can anticipate early approval if we satisfy the RFE😱

Timeline
56 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

SIGN THE PETITION

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) requires an original signature to process your petition.

Is this because you have an RFE that you actually have to submit page 9 of I130 signed with the additional information they ask ?

Edited by Tom & Steph

Timeline

2 minutes ago, Tom & Steph said:

Is this because you have an RFE that you actually have to submit page 9 of I130 signed with the additional information they ask ?

I don't know - it's the first time I'm hearing this

1 hour ago, Quarknase said:

Hi All,

Anyone filing online received an RFE asking to sign the I-130?

SIGN THE PETITION

We received a very long RFE, but this was the first part they're asking for on the list.

Also, the letter stated that we should hear back within 60 days after the response was received, or else we can make inquiry. We only filed in November 2019... Does "hear back" mean we can anticipate early approval if we satisfy the RFE😱

This is great news, (not the RFE obviously) but the fact that you only filed online in November. We’re only a few weeks behind you but we have Nebraska which is a whole other story.

I still don’t get why they are asking you for an original signature when it’s supposed to be electronic.

Timeline
8 hours ago, KarolBoris said:

This is great news, (not the RFE obviously) but the fact that you only filed online in November. We’re only a few weeks behind you but we have Nebraska which is a whole other story.

I still don’t get why they are asking you for an original signature when it’s supposed to be electronic.

yeah. I am confused about the entire thing. On egov case status it states that it's a request for initial evidence, which would mean the wait after that can be forever.

On the new myuscis portal where i filed, it only says request for evidence (not initial) and the RFE letter says that we shall hear from them within 60 days after we replied which I think indicates they'll work on it once I reply.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.