kiwi2426

I-130 Online Filers

1,065 posts in this topic

33 minutes ago, CristianB said:

Hi Karol,

I am the petitioner (not the beneficiary) but also the interpreter (my wife doesn't read nor speak fluent english) and the preparer of the form I130A.I haven't used an interpreter/preparer to fill form I130, therefore I've put down my information in 130A in parts 5 and 6. I haven't printed the form since I used a pdf filler, just not sure about the e-signature (handwritten).

As form I-130a is for/about your wife and you’re the interpreter then I would personally print out your pdf filled in form and actually sign your name in black ink and scan and upload it. Hope this helps :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

OK, I'm totally convinced that all online I-130s go to Nebraska. We got our NOA1 in the MAIL on Friday (not email, via USPS) at my husband's house. Our centre is Nebraska :\ . Oh well, at least we got the NOA1s FAST!

Here we go...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
5 minutes ago, CGs_Mother said:

OK, I'm totally convinced that all online I-130s go to Nebraska. We got our NOA1 in the MAIL on Friday (not email, via USPS) at my husband's house. Our centre is Nebraska 😕 . Oh well, at least we got the NOA1s FAST!

Here we go...

If so, that is a good reason to mail the petition insetad of filing online....imo.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

8 minutes ago, CGs_Mother said:

OK, I'm totally convinced that all online I-130s go to Nebraska. We got our NOA1 in the MAIL on Friday (not email, via USPS) at my husband's house. Our centre is Nebraska 😕 . Oh well, at least we got the NOA1s FAST!

Here we go...

But some online filers have reported being sent to Potomac also.

12 minutes ago, CGs_Mother said:

Here we go...

I remember getting ours in the mail... I wasn’t bothered about anything on that form apart from the SC and my heart sank when we got Nebraska 🙄

Timeline
8 minutes ago, darth vader said:

But some online filers have reported being sent to Potomac also.

Hmmm. I wonder if it's random or if Consular Processing goes to Nebraska and Domestic goes to Potomac? Either way, we didn't end up in Phoenix or Chicago, which is where we were supposed to end up if we mailed it in. I still don't understand why we didn't end up in Texas if we live in Texas. Oh well...*shrug*

3 minutes ago, CGs_Mother said:

Hmmm. I wonder if it's random or if Consular Processing goes to Nebraska and Domestic goes to Potomac? Either way, we didn't end up in Phoenix or Chicago, which is where we were supposed to end up if we mailed it in. I still don't understand why we didn't end up in Texas if we live in Texas. Oh well...*shrug*

There is so many people in the FB group that live in Texas that ended up with Nebraska, I honestly think it’s totally random. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, KarolBoris said:

There is so many people in the FB group that live in Texas that ended up with Nebraska, I honestly think it’s totally random. 

Actually, I just checked the times at https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/ and I think that's what it is. Potomac is 9 months which is average for foreign spouses residing in the US. Nebraska is 16 months which is around the time I was told for spouses requiring consular processing. That must be it. It is what it is... 

6 minutes ago, CGs_Mother said:

Actually, I just checked the times at https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/ and I think that's what it is. Potomac is 9 months which is average for foreign spouses residing in the US. Nebraska is 16 months which is around the time I was told for spouses requiring consular processing. That must be it. It is what it is... 

I’ve seen they’re working on Feb/Mar 2019 cases now through the case tracker app, USCIS website seems to be a little out with their dates. VJ is more up to date than USCIS seem to be too so it’s good to check on here too...

Timeline
1 minute ago, KarolBoris said:

I’ve seen they’re working on Feb/Mar 2019 cases now through the case tracker app, USCIS website seems to be a little out with their dates. VJ is more up to date than USCIS seem to be too so it’s good to check on here too...

I would definitely rather be called in sooner than later, so that's good news if VJ is more accurate! I won't disparage Nebraska anymore then because Karma :D Good luck to all of us in the wheat fields!

2 minutes ago, CGs_Mother said:

I would definitely rather be called in sooner than later, so that's good news if VJ is more accurate! I won't disparage Nebraska anymore then because Karma :D Good luck to all of us in the wheat fields!

Me too believe me! If you fill in your TL on here and NOA1 date on here you get a weekly email of a potential date you’ll get your NOA2 so that’s always good to hear! We even sent the K3 even though it seems to have stopped working but I’d totally take it if it meant being with my hubby sooner!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
33 minutes ago, CGs_Mother said:

That's a very interesting observation.  My wife lives in Mexico and has never even been in the US so she will have to go through the interview process down in Juarez which is another 1 year plus wait.  What is interesting to me is that if my spouse was already residing in the US, I really would not care that it would take twice as long to get approved as I would at least be with her here in the US.  This seems rather counter intuitive to me.  It looks like you would try and process the I-130's for people that are unnecessarily separated from their spouse ahead of those who are lucky enough to already have their spouse with them in the US.  What really burns me is that K3's are technically still a valid visa category but for all intents and purposes they are obsolete.  If it's going to take 1 year to get your I-130 approved since all consular processing goes to Nebraska and then another 1 year to wait for an interview, it would seem that this is exactly what a K3 was meant for.  Sorry... I need to stop complaining.  But thanks for the observation.  It doesn't help the timeline any but it does begin to make a little more sense as to why certain people are being assigned to Nebraska.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, CGs_Mother said:

Here we go...

I filed my I-130 online a week ago and got Texas... so I don't think that's the case :(

I-130

12/13/19 - Married in the US to US Citizen
01/26/20 - Submitted I-130 online application
01/26/20 - Received date / Receipt notice date / Priority date
05/26/20 - Approval notice date

AOS

08/06/20 - AOS (I-485, I-864, I-765, I-131) sent to Chicago lockbox through UPS
08/10/20 - USCIS received AOS documents signed by Harris

08/26/20 - Check cashed by USCIS

08/30/20 - Received text messages with receipt numbers for I-485, I-765 & I-131

09/03/20 - Received NOA1 in the mail for I-485, I-765 & I-131

10/05/20 - Received RFIE for missing I-944

10/06/20RFIE response sent to USCIS Lee's Summit's office through UPS
10/09/20 - USCIS received RFIE response
01/23/21 - Received Biometrics appointment notice

02/11/21 - Biometrics appointment (Code 3)

02/12/21 - Status changed to "Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken" (I-765)

02/17/21 - Status changed to "New Card Is Being Produced" (I-765)

02/17/21 - Status changed to "Case Was Approved" (I-765 & I-131)
02/22/21 - Status changed to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview" (I-485)

02/25/21 - Received combo card in the mail (Flagged as lost by USPS)

03/03/21 - Received combo card in the mail
08/16/21 - Status updated to "Interview Was Scheduled" (for Sep 14)
08/25/21 - Interview was cancelled

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I think, in the end, everything can change - the same way Potomac used to be the fastest one. In just a matter of 1 or 2 months, Nebraska could become the fastest office. It only takes an internal policy to change or for them to transfer a bunch of cases somewhere else. So don't worry, we are all in this together :)

I'm more worried about times, in regards to filling online vs paper (using concurrent processing). My fear is that using concurrent processing (only available for paper fillers) would speed up the process (at least a little bit). For what I understand, if we filled online, we need to wait until our I-130 is approved before we can file the I-485, right?

Edited by OhWow

I-130

12/13/19 - Married in the US to US Citizen
01/26/20 - Submitted I-130 online application
01/26/20 - Received date / Receipt notice date / Priority date
05/26/20 - Approval notice date

AOS

08/06/20 - AOS (I-485, I-864, I-765, I-131) sent to Chicago lockbox through UPS
08/10/20 - USCIS received AOS documents signed by Harris

08/26/20 - Check cashed by USCIS

08/30/20 - Received text messages with receipt numbers for I-485, I-765 & I-131

09/03/20 - Received NOA1 in the mail for I-485, I-765 & I-131

10/05/20 - Received RFIE for missing I-944

10/06/20RFIE response sent to USCIS Lee's Summit's office through UPS
10/09/20 - USCIS received RFIE response
01/23/21 - Received Biometrics appointment notice

02/11/21 - Biometrics appointment (Code 3)

02/12/21 - Status changed to "Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken" (I-765)

02/17/21 - Status changed to "New Card Is Being Produced" (I-765)

02/17/21 - Status changed to "Case Was Approved" (I-765 & I-131)
02/22/21 - Status changed to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview" (I-485)

02/25/21 - Received combo card in the mail (Flagged as lost by USPS)

03/03/21 - Received combo card in the mail
08/16/21 - Status updated to "Interview Was Scheduled" (for Sep 14)
08/25/21 - Interview was cancelled

Timeline
1 hour ago, OhWow said:

I think, in the end, everything can change - the same way Potomac used to be the fastest one. In just a matter of 1 or 2 months, Nebraska could become the fastest office. It only takes an internal policy to change or for them to transfer a bunch of cases somewhere else. So don't worry, we are all in this together :)

I'm more worried about times, in regards to filling online vs paper (using concurrent processing). My fear is that using concurrent processing (only available for paper fillers) would speed up the process (at least a little bit). For what I understand, if we filled online, we need to wait until our I-130 is approved before we can file the I-485, right?

I believe so. You can't file the I-485 online. We only filed the I-130 documents because I am living outside of the US, so I won't be eligible for concurrent I-485 filing anyway.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.