~kiyah~

Possible Reason for Petition Return for Review

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Kiya --

Did you ever hire an attorney? What did he say?

Twila

OUR VISA JOURNEY

02/24/05 - Mailed K-1 to TSC

03/18/05 - K-1 Approval from CSC

06/16/05 - K-1 Interview in Casablanca, Morocco

06/29/05 - K-1 Visa issued

07/07/05 - SO arrives in US

07/22/05 - Married in religious ceremony and reception with family & friends

07/25/05 - Married in civil ceremony

09/14/05 - Mailed AOS/EAD

12/28/05 - AOS/EAD biometrics in West Palm Beach

01/03/06 - EAD card arrives

03/08/06 - AOS interview and AOS approval in West Palm Beach

03/13/06 - Welcome to America letter arrives

03/18/06 - Green card arrives in mail

12/10/07 - I-751 mailed to TSC

12/26/07 - NOA receipt date (from transfer to VSC)

02/14/08 - Biometrics appointment

10/17/08 - Approval date

10/24/08 - Approval letter received

10/25/08 - 10 year green card arrived

10/06/09 - N-400 mailed to Texas Lockbox

10/08/09 - NOA priority date

11/06/09 - Biometrics

01/04/10 - Interview

01/13/10 - Oath Ceremony

Bx82m5.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Kiya --

Did you ever hire an attorney? What did he say?

Twila

Yes, I talked to 4 attorneys. Right now I am doing what they would be doing by contacting the consulate directly, contacting my senator, etc. Until I actually receive a notice from BSCIS regarding an action being taken, an attorney cannot do anything for me right now...I am already doing what they would be.

My Senator is waiting to hear back from the consulate...they have not responded to the 2 inquiries made which really ticks me off...it seems the consulate is waiting for the petition to actually be returned before they even respond...if this is the case then that is pretty slimy if you ask me.

So, right now I am focusing on going back to Morocco in March. In the meantime we will continue to compile evidence of our relationship and be ready for when I receive a notice from the BSCIS. I will respond to the notice with everything I have. I will also have legal represenation for my rebuttal of whatever the question is reagarding this petition...as I have no idea what it is.

It could be as simple as the CO does not think our relationship is valid. It could be the issue of me sending him money, I have no idea. I will give them every ounce of evidence that our relationship is valid...everything the CO refused to look at during the interview, plus new "ongoing" evidence, plus letters from my family and friends who know us both.

If that does not do it, we will look into other options...the last resort is me moving to Morocco, but we want to give this petition time...we could very well get another interview date and a visa. We are prepared to wait out the process, what ever it takes...and we know this process could take a year or more. We will never give up.

We are both very devoted to each other, have strong and solid faith in God and know that we will be together somewhere on this Earth...inch'allah. We both believe that God did not bring us together only to keep us apart.

~Kiya

~ Returns & Refusals...What They Don't Tell You ~

DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney, all information provided is from years of research and personal experiences of those affected by returned visa petitions/applications. If this is happening to you, my personal advice is to research the facts, hire a good immigration lawyer who can demonstrate they specialize in returned/denied visa petitions and applications.

~ Faith, Patience, Perseverance ~

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Kiya Dont give up just fight them you know their decision was wrong. You can always go there and marry apply for a K3 or CR-1 visa. Or maybe even a K1 again the spousal visas I would think they would have a harder time denying anyone on. Dont give up I hope your together soon and this mess is over with!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Kiya Dont give up just fight them you know their decision was wrong. You can always go there and marry apply for a K3 or CR-1 visa. Or maybe even a K1 again the spousal visas I would think they would have a harder time denying anyone on. Dont give up I hope your together soon and this mess is over with!

Shokran Jennieh. We will never give up, and we do have other options. I can see the consulate saying that sending these petitions back will make couples like us give up, maybe they're afraid to fight it and just give up, etc. Oh no, at the very least, this issue has brought us even closer together and we will fight it to the bitter end.

One thing they cannot do is stop me from going there to be with him...I'm on my way. :D

~Kiya

~ Returns & Refusals...What They Don't Tell You ~

DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney, all information provided is from years of research and personal experiences of those affected by returned visa petitions/applications. If this is happening to you, my personal advice is to research the facts, hire a good immigration lawyer who can demonstrate they specialize in returned/denied visa petitions and applications.

~ Faith, Patience, Perseverance ~

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I have also sent my fiance money not becouse he asked for it but i insisted he take it. He moved to a different country and is going to school there and some of his family has cut him off becouse he decided he wanted to pick his own wife and not have an arranged marriage. His one brother is the only one sticking by his side. Before me he had no problem with money. His family is not rich but they make a good living there in pakistan compared to others. They figure if they cut him out he will come home and forget about me. So every now and then i will send him what i can but he really hates taking it. I think alot of people send there fiances or spouses money I don't see what they big deal is. I really don't understand why people would do this whole process for money anyway. Its not worth it , the ordeal and if you get caught its a feleny up to 250,000 fine and i forget how long in jail. My opinion is if u don't give up and keep pushing and fighting you will eventully be granted a visa it just takes more time than others sometimes. I have told assad this that if anything makes us wait longer i will never give up on him. I just feel so bad becouse i know he is sitting in a small room (with no electricity or hot water half the time) cut off from his family and friends becouse of me. I hope things work out for you soon and you can spend some nice time with him when you go to morocco. Which i am sure you will.

5-2005/ met online

11-4-2005/ went to see him in republic of georgia

11-25-2005 returned home

01-17-2006/ sent I129F to <!--WORD2URL-01--><!--END WORD2URL-01-->nsc<!--WORD2URL-02--><!--END WORD2URL-02-->

01-23-2006/ packet was recieved and signed for

01-23-2006 / NOA 1

01-26-2006/ check was cashed

01-31-2006/ recieved NOA 1 in mail

03-23-2006/ NOA 2 - oh yeah

03-27-2006/ touched

03-30-2006/ recieved NOA 2 in mail

04-07-2006-petition was sent to nvc

04-19-2006/petition got entered into nvc system recieved case number

05-30-2006/ interview date ( yahoo)

05-30-2006/he was put on a/p

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.