Ojay2053

Issued a 221g to submit tax transcript (merged)

12 posts in this topic

My interview was in October 2019. During the interview , I was asked if I have tax transcript 2018 with me so I’ll be issued visa but I only went with the tax return and the W2. So I was issued a 22g white form which indicates that I should submit tax transcript 2018, and my passport was returned to me. 

I submitted the tax transcript 2018 after two weeks. Two days later my status went to administrative processing. 

Never knew that I have to go to the interview with the tax transcript. I thought it’s optional.  

I’m confused ,I don’t know what to do or how to go about it. 

Now I’ve been thinking why my passport was returned to me , and how long I could stay in this AP. 

Edited by Penguin_ie

4 hours ago, Ojay2053 said:

My interview was in October 2019. During the interview , I was asked if I have tax transcript 2018 with me so I’ll be issued visa but I only went with the tax return and the W2. So I was issued a 22g white form which indicates that I should submit tax transcript 2018, and my passport was returned to me. 

I submitted the tax transcript 2018 after two weeks. Two days later my status went to administrative processing. 

Never knew that I have to go to the interview with the tax transcript. I thought it’s optional.  

I’m confused ,I don’t know what to do or how to go about it. 

Now I’ve been thinking why my passport was returned to me , and how long I could stay in this AP. 

I’m the petitioner and I petitioned my spouse. I went with him on his interview last oct 25 and was given a 221G refusal due to our missing Marriage Certificate Document. Our Marriage Certificate was uploaded to CEAC website and needed an original copy during the interview but of course we forgot to bring it. We sent the Marriage Certificate, his passport as indicated in the 221G paper and we printed a paper for submission of 221G as indicated in the 221G letter. When you said that you sent your tax transcript did you include your passport? Were you given the same 221G letter we had? Please see below, this is 221G the letter we received from the consular officer. I’m not a pro at this but I wish I could help. I’m also seeking for answers on how long will it take for the AP to take. The documents we sent was received on a Monday Oct 28 and still on AP as of the moment. 

6E42C1A9-5233-4EB0-980B-1959EF098285.jpeg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Administrative Processing is in the hands of the consulate. It could take a week, a month, or a year, there is no firm timeline. Hope you both hear something soon. 

N400 - Naturalization                                                                                                        U.S. Passport

Aug 05, 2018 (Day 1): Applied for Naturalization online                                                  Oct 01, 2019 (Day 1): Sent US Passport Application

Aug 06, 2018 (Day 2): Check Cashed, NOA1 received online                                         Oct 08, 2019 (Day 8 ) : Passport trackable 

Aug 11, 2018 (Day 6): Recvd notification that Biometrics appointment scheduled       Oct 17, 2019 (Day 17) : Received Passport

Aug 13, 2018 (Day 8): Received biometrics appt letter online                                        Oct 21, 2019 (Day 21) : Received Naturalization Cert. back

Aug 28, 2018 (Day 23): Biometrics Appt

May 06, 2019 (Day 274): In Line For Interview

Jun 11, 2019 (Day 311): Interview Date

July 01, 2019 (Day 327) : Oath Ceremony I AM NOW A US CITIZEN!!!!

FROM K-1 PETITION SENT TO OATH CEREMONY WAS ABOUT 7 YEARS 4 MONTHS

After 8 years of marriage divorced October 4, 2021

TO SEE MY FULL TIMELINE GO HERE: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/user/125109-cdnon-usavt/

5 hours ago, melizam said:

I’m the petitioner and I petitioned my spouse. I went with him on his interview last oct 25 and was given a 221G refusal due to our missing Marriage Certificate Document. Our Marriage Certificate was uploaded to CEAC website and needed an original copy during the interview but of course we forgot to bring it. We sent the Marriage Certificate, his passport as indicated in the 221G paper and we printed a paper for submission of 221G as indicated in the 221G letter. When you said that you sent your tax transcript did you include your passport? Were you given the same 221G letter we had? Please see below, this is 221G the letter we received from the consular officer. I’m not a pro at this but I wish I could help. I’m also seeking for answers on how long will it take for the AP to take. The documents we sent was received on a Monday Oct 28 and still on AP as of the moment. 

6E42C1A9-5233-4EB0-980B-1959EF098285.jpeg

I was given a 221g white form. But I wasn’t instructed to mail/send my passport back to the embassy except only  the tax transcript which they checked. 

Below is the 221g letter I got.  

I hope the process wouldn’t take all that time. At this juncture I’ll relax my mind and stay positive through it all. 

72207152-6E5B-4045-8AD3-8BCC44F0705B.jpeg

• 1 year later...
On 11/11/2019 at 5:52 AM, Ojay2053 said:

I really hope we do hear from them soonest. Thank you, I appreciate. 

Hello VJ’s 

I have been waiting since I was placed on AP, and after sending the tax transcript that was asked for since October 2019, nothing yet but change in updates seen on the ceac status, last update is the 20th November 2020.

Last year I saw that my visa application on the portal says “ application re-open”, and asked to be updated. I updated my passport to the recent, and sent an email to notify the update in December 2020. Application was successful as it shows application completed on the visa application portal with an Email confirmation from ceac. 

No response yet. 

Please, we need your guidance as we do not know what else to do , we don’t want to make mistakes because it might prolong the process.

Waiting to hear from you, thank you. 

CR1 visa case still in Admin processing. But it’s showing “ Expired soon” on ceac status. 

Hello VJ’s 

I have been waiting since I was placed on AP, and after sending the tax transcript that was asked for since October 2019, nothing yet but change in updates seen on the ceac status, last update is the 20th November 2020.

Last year I saw that my visa application on the portal says “ application re-open”, and asked to be updated. I updated my passport to the recent, and sent an email to notify the update in December 2020. Application was successful as it shows application completed on the visa application portal with an Email confirmation from ceac. 

But No response yet. 

Please, we need your guidance as we do not know what else to do , we don’t want to make mistakes because it might further prolong the process.

Waiting to hear from you, thank you. 

• 2 weeks later...

I went for CR1 interview in October 2019. After the interview I was issued a 221g to bring 2018 tax transcript only with passport returned to me. My wife hurriedly contacted irs and I got the transcript. I submitted it as I was directed through DHL. Two days later after submitting the transcript The status changed to administrative processing. 

However, I never got a message from the embassy that they have received my transcript. Is it normal not to get a message from the embassy to confirm they’ve received the transcript?

I have been in this AP ever since. Now my status says “Expiring Soon” with a message that my application will be canceled if I don’t contact them within a certain period. 

I am confused,  I’m thinking if they ever got the transcript I sent to them through DHL as I was instructed on the 221g bcos I never got a confirmation message to state they received it. 

The only response we get when we send an email is that case is on AP. 

Case last updated on the 19th January 2021 as seen on the status. 

We really do not know what to do at this point. Sometimes we wish the case is cancelled so we can start over again. 

We need help on what to do. 

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
4 hours ago, Ojay2053 said:

I went for CR1 interview in October 2019. After the interview I was issued a 221g to bring 2018 tax transcript only with passport returned to me. My wife hurriedly contacted irs and I got the transcript. I submitted it as I was directed through DHL. Two days later after submitting the transcript The status changed to administrative processing. 

However, I never got a message from the embassy that they have received my transcript. Is it normal not to get a message from the embassy to confirm they’ve received the transcript?

I have been in this AP ever since. Now my status says “Expiring Soon” with a message that my application will be canceled if I don’t contact them within a certain period. 

I am confused,  I’m thinking if they ever got the transcript I sent to them through DHL as I was instructed on the 221g bcos I never got a confirmation message to state they received it. 

The only response we get when we send an email is that case is on AP. 

Case last updated on the 19th January 2021 as seen on the status. 

We really do not know what to do at this point. Sometimes we wish the case is cancelled so we can start over again. 

We need help on what to do. 

A lot of specifics, like country and many other details are missing from your post, but you have already applied for a visa.  Sounds like this notice is from NVC, not the Consular Immigrant Visa Unit.  We've seen a number of these notices lately.  Looks like an error from NVC.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

43 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

A lot of specifics, like country and many other details are missing from your post, but you have already applied for a visa.  Sounds like this notice is from NVC, not the Consular Immigrant Visa Unit.  We've seen a number of these notices lately.  Looks like an error from NVC.

It’s Lagos Nigeria Consulate. It actually states on the ceac portal that my case is with them. 

Besides, my wife (petitioner) called immigration severally but was told to contact Lagos Consulate. Whenever she call the consulate they don’t explain anything rather told sometimes the case is on Ap. We just want them to tell us if there’s anything missing on our application  or even a little guidance but we’re not getting it. 

We’re confused and waiting on when to get a positive response from them. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

**** three threads merged.  Please do not post more than once on an issue/ question.  If you have more info or follow on questions, post them as a reply to this thread instead ******

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.