Exanuage

Waiting time after DQ for the US embassy in Egypt

360 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
6 minutes ago, AngieQ said:

Thats great! I hope my husband has an easy one too.. 1 more question, are there any fees that need to be paid at the time of the interview?

No fee needs to be paid at the time of the interview.  What happens is they will give your husband a handout showing how to pay the USCIS immigration fee prior to your husband entering the US.  This fee covers the cost of his green card and costs $220.  I paid it by credit card after my husband's visa was approved.  It just needs to be paid before US entry.  

Hope that helps and let me know if you have other questions.  Good luck!

Timeline
8 minutes ago, katkoota said:

No fee needs to be paid at the time of the interview.  What happens is they will give your husband a handout showing how to pay the USCIS immigration fee prior to your husband entering the US.  This fee covers the cost of his green card and costs $220.  I paid it by credit card after my husband's visa was approved.  It just needs to be paid before US entry.  

Hope that helps and let me know if you have other questions.  Good luck!

Thank you very much! It helped a lot

Timeline

Thats so nice to hear that you got your interview appointment!

My husband's DQ (IR1) was in September 2020. Do you think well hear soon from the U.S Embassy in Cairo, about an interview appointment,  since they started doing DQ August 2020 Interviews? @AngieQ@katkoota

Edited by Eman M

Timeline
On 10/1/2021 at 10:12 AM, Eman M said:

Thats so nice to hear that you got your interview appointment!

My husband's DQ (IR1) was in September 2020. Do you think well hear soon from the U.S Embassy in Cairo, about an interview appointment,  since they started doing DQ August 2020 Interviews? @AngieQ@katkoota

Yes I believe so, because we had ours July 2020.. so I think maybe in the next couple of months..

Timeline

My husband had his interview this morning.. and Alhamdulillah he was approved! He will recieve his passport in 2 to 3 weeks in shaa Allah! 

Good luck to everyone else! Hope you all get interviews soon and approvals for all ya rab!! 

Timeline
16 minutes ago, AngieQ said:

My husband had his interview this morning.. and Alhamdulillah he was approved! He will recieve his passport in 2 to 3 weeks in shaa Allah! 

Good luck to everyone else! Hope you all get interviews soon and approvals for all ya rab!! 

Oh my goodness, congratulations! So happy for you, El7! 

Thank you for answering my post as well-Hope to hear of an interview appointment soon. 

Timeline
On 10/4/2021 at 10:16 AM, AngieQ said:

Congratulations!!! That is great news!  I wish you both the best ☺️

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello!

I am in the process of K1 Visa for my fiancé in Egypt.  I was wondering how long is the wait or maybe how is the availability of getting an interview date in Cairo.  Are they still backlogged for several months?  Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 10/7/2021 at 8:15 AM, MeG@Am said:

Hello!

I am in the process of K1 Visa for my fiancé in Egypt.  I was wondering how long is the wait or maybe how is the availability of getting an interview date in Cairo.  Are they still backlogged for several months?  Thank you!

Greetings.  The wait times appear to be over a year from the point of being Documentarily Qualified (DQ).  My wife was DQ since Oct. 2020 and we are still waiting for an appointment.  It's really frustrating and disappointing how long it has taken.  Here is a an official State Department link to at least track how many visas are being processed in each immigrant visa category on a monthly basis: Monthly Immigrant Visa Issuance Statistics.

Good luck to you and your fiancé.

Filed: IR-2 Country: Egypt
Timeline
11 minutes ago, elmasry said:

Hello everyone, 

has anyone heard of interviews letters in October or November, it seems like a very quiet month? 

I have been checking and the DOS does not seem to be consistent in updating its website.

please share if any of you guys have any information.

thank you very much 

Hello elmasry, 

My husband and daughter had an interview few days ago and we received the appointment letter on Sep 21 and they were DQ on August 17, 2020 .. Hope these information would help you

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Dear all,

Does anyone have any idea around what date the Embassy in Cairo are currently processing Documentarily Qualified (DQ) applicants? My wife was DQ'd on Oct. 26, 2020 but we have not yet received an appointment for the interview.  I thought we should have heard from them by now (my estimate for the waiting time was 13 months) but unfortunately nothing yet.  

If anyone has any info it would be appreciated.  My reaching out to the embassy resulted in the standard response "the case is currently being processed by the National Visa Center."  

Thank you.

• 3 months later...

Hi everyone. Has there been any updates on scheduled interviews in the last few months? My husband and I were DQ in July 2021, so we have been waiting about 9 months and I am trying to gauge what the wait time is now (I've been admitted to law schools in the U.S. and deposit and deferral deadlines are approaching). I saw a few posts of folks who were DQ before the embassy shutdown who waited 12-14 months, and we are hoping this wait time has decreased since the embassy has been opened at least to partial capacity during our entire wait. Thanks in advance! 

Timeline
On 4/3/2022 at 1:50 PM, Kara Fitz said:

Hi everyone. Has there been any updates on scheduled interviews in the last few months? My husband and I were DQ in July 2021, so we have been waiting about 9 months and I am trying to gauge what the wait time is now (I've been admitted to law schools in the U.S. and deposit and deferral deadlines are approaching). I saw a few posts of folks who were DQ before the embassy shutdown who waited 12-14 months, and we are hoping this wait time has decreased since the embassy has been opened at least to partial capacity during our entire wait. Thanks in advance! 

Hoping to find out the same thing..generally i think they're closing in on the lag, but not sure how long is it currently between DQ and interview..

Wife's I-130:

03/15/2019 NOA1 (Nebraska Service Center)

02/11/2020 Case transferred to Vermont Service Center

02/02/2021 NOA2 الحمد لله

02/04/2021 Approval email
02/12/2022 NVC documents submitted

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.