Tyler&Julie

CFO appointment with single/never married petitioners

24 posts in this topic

I thought it would share our experience since it was not noted anywhere else I have looked.

My fiancee went to her CFO appointment with everything we thought was required.

She was asked to come back with a Affidavit of Single Status for me the petitioner. I am single and never married, so maybe we are an unusual case since there are no divorce records.

USA does not have official documents like a Cenomar, so I created an affidavit form online and had it notarized here in America stating that I am single and eligible for marriage.

They require her to report back to the same CFO officer, so we have to wait for her to be back in the office... not ideal since she is in the visayas.

Just to share this information I got on Facebook:

I’ve read stories like this where they asked for a document that states the petitioner is single. Those who were asked said that they just showed the IRS tax return transcript and it was also accepted. 

Hopefully the CFO officer will be there on the day when she’ll be able to go back. 

Edited by chxakx

3 minutes ago, Tyler&Julie said:

Good info,

I forgot to mention that I also sent her my IRS transcript stating that I am a single filing status

Sent her both documents just in case!

I agree! Doesn’t hurt to be prepared.

Best of luck on everything! God bless you both 🙂

1 hour ago, Tyler&Julie said:

I thought it would share our experience since it was not noted anywhere else I have looked.

She was asked to come back with a Affidavit of Single Status for me the petitioner. I am single and never married, so maybe we are an unusual case since there are no divorce records.

USA does not have official documents like a Cenomar, so I created an affidavit form online and had it notarized here in America stating that I am single and eligible for marriage.

They require her to report back to the same CFO officer, so we have to wait for her to be back in the office... not ideal since she is in the visayas.

Can you share a link to the form? I'm going to send my fiance one too just in case

32 minutes ago, Tyler&Julie said:

https://www.gsccca.org/docs/notary-documents/singlestatusaffidavit.pdf

I used this from the state of Georgia, but edited it to North carolina for my use

There are others on google

Thanks so much!

How much was the notarization fees? I'm seeing $20 online, is that accurate?

Dumb question: did you edit the document (type the information on the blank) on handwrite it?

Edited by killbill

19 minutes ago, killbill said:

I really don't understand CFO though. Isn't it obvious that the petitioner isn't married? The petition was already approved.

The petition is a US government/immigration thing. CFO is a Philippines government activity (covering much more than just US immigration). Lines generally don't cross.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

15 minutes ago, geowrian said:

The petition is a US government/immigration thing. CFO is a Philippines government activity (covering much more than just US immigration). Lines generally don't cross.

I know but it's not like CFO does background checks to verify, so why not accept the approved petition as evidence of being single. Just seems unnecessary 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, Tyler&Julie said:

Yup, CFO asks for "evidence of single" .. I suggest a tax return with the SSN blacked out as CFO is fine with that.

Here is a link to info on CFO (thought I gave you a link to my website earlier .. sorry)

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/cfo.html

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

6 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Yup, CFO asks for "evidence of single" .. I suggest a tax return with the SSN blacked out as CFO is fine with that.

Here is a link to info on CFO (thought I gave you a link to my website earlier .. sorry)

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/cfo.html

I thought @Tyler&Julie brought a tax transcript the first time and was asked for more evidence. Or did I understood that wrong? Did your fiance not have the tax documents when she first went to the seminar?

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
10 hours ago, killbill said:

I thought @Tyler&Julie brought a tax transcript the first time and was asked for more evidence. Or did I understood that wrong? Did your fiance not have the tax documents when she first went to the seminar?

Transcript won't work with CFO ( too difficult to read for the uninitiated)  .. need the actual 1040 form.

If you have been married before CFO will be happy with copies of the divorce decree and/or death certificate  .. then you don't need a copy of your 1040.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

7 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Transcript won't work with CFO ( too difficult to read for the uninitiated)  .. need the actual 1040 form.

I thought the transcript was simpler... Hence preferred over the whole tax document

7 hours ago, Hank_ said:

If you have been married before CFO will be happy with copies of the divorce decree and/or death certificate  .. then you don't need a copy of your 1040.

Never married.

Just to clarify: for the USEM, tax transcripts are okay?

For CFO: 1040. Do I need to include W2s and other documents too? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.