Hornet

Remember the USS LIBERTY June 8, 1967

22 posts in this topic

Some may say "forget it, it's the past" or "why care about that" becoz Israel's our friend! That's if they have even heard about the attack. Let alone if they know the facts of what happened.

Should we forget D-DAY, or Iwo Jima, or the Holocoust??

I could care less for Israel one way or the other. I don't have loyalties to Israel! I'm a Marine and I'm loyal to my fellow Marines and Sailors. Which is what maybe bother's me the most. How the USA Govt treated our OWN troops!!!

There has never been a formal investigation. This has been a COVER-UP since day 1 !!!

All the survivors of the Liberty want is Justice!! And they've been denied that by our own country. That's a disgrace.

This site is maintained by James Ennes who was an Officer aboard the USS LIBERTY during the attack

USS LIBERTY SITE

The evidence is overwhelming that it was intentional. Our sailors deserve better.

Even though this is the anniversary I haven't seen one thing on the news about this. But Paris Hilton has been on almost constantly for 10 hours!!! Something is definately WRONG with this country if no one cares...

Gonna try again.

USS Liberty - Not Forgotten

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

It is a load of ####### that treatment our soldiers receive! I grew up military and served military. It's disappointing when I see our own government find excuses to those who commit and dedicate their lives when this country calls on them. I'm with ya on this one! My hats off to you and all those who proudly serve in the Armed Forces! :thumbs:

Joseph

us.jpgKarolina

AOS application received Chicago - 11/12/2007

Semper Fi JoeMama!! At least someone cares! It doesn't surprise me though the lack of interest.

Actually I expected it, just checking my hunch. Americans are predictably ignorant and apathetic. I'm not very optimistic about the future of this country sorry to say. Paris Hilton's thread gets 160+ posts and over 2200 views???

That says a lot!

Is that Nero I hear?

Gonna try again.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Semper Fi JoeMama!! At least someone cares! It doesn't surprise me though the lack of interest.

Actually I expected it, just checking my hunch. Americans are predictably ignorant and apathetic. I'm not very optimistic about the future of this country sorry to say. Paris Hilton's thread gets 160+ posts and over 2200 views???

That says a lot!

Is that Nero I hear?

Well I'm not apathetic about it but moreso feel like what the heck can ya do, you know? I mean nothing is ever going to be done about it since we basically bow down to Israel so much.

I really would love to know what the person who authorized the attack thought they'd acheive by it though. Surely they didn't think an all out war would occur between our two countries so what exactly was the goal? :unsure:

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

That says a lot!

Is that Nero I hear?

Only if its a violin while the place burns.

I also, am disgusted at the treatment our gov'ment gives our military, and at times the people of this nation too. They all put their lives on the line for an ideal of right and wrong (freedom and liberty) for many peoples, not just our own.. on a daily basis too.

James & Sara - Aug 12, 05

Humanity... destined to pass the baton shortly.

Filed: Timeline

If you dont like the way the military is treated then dont join it.....

The incident happened 40 years ago.... yes people may feel there was some sort of cover up but there are not many people here who are old enough to even remember 40 years ago.... Bad things happen in all conflicts and to most people under 40's it is just another event that happened in history....

What do you think people should do??

Kez

Edited by Niagaenola

Basically, the "USS Liberty" in June 1967 was in a position similar to the British freighter "SS City of St. Albans" when it sailed towards Chittagong in August 1971--its crew and captain knew darn well it was going into a war zone (and, unlike the St. Albans, the Liberty was a "neutral" country's warship--it is hardly sensible for such to go into a war zone without being considered a target)!

Based on Israel's actual equipment at the time (its airforce in 1967 heavily relied on the Dassault Mystere-IV and Super Mystere, which were already dated), it is not unlikely that the ship could have been mistaken for an Egyptian vessel from such.

Boils dow to:

• Johnson (as US Supreme C-in-C) bears responsibility for "USS Liberty"
  • Owning company responsible for St. Albans (which was peppered by a Mukti Bahini gunboat, and had to sail to Kolkata for repairs), as they knew there was high possibility of sabotage or attack by Bengali-Pakistanis

Edited by CherryXS

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

It was a tragic case of friendly fire occurring in the fog of war. Israel apologized and paid

compensation to its victims. Case closed.

Seriously, get over it already.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

It was a tragic case of friendly fire occurring in the fog of war. Israel apologized and paid

word!!

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Some may say "forget it, it's the past" or "why care about that" becoz Israel's our friend! That's if they have even heard about the attack. Let alone if they know the facts of what happened.

Should we forget D-DAY, or Iwo Jima, or the Holocoust??

I could care less for Israel one way or the other. I don't have loyalties to Israel! I'm a Marine and I'm loyal to my fellow Marines and Sailors. Which is what maybe bother's me the most. How the USA Govt treated our OWN troops!!!

There has never been a formal investigation. This has been a COVER-UP since day 1 !!!

All the survivors of the Liberty want is Justice!! And they've been denied that by our own country. That's a disgrace.

This site is maintained by James Ennes who was an Officer aboard the USS LIBERTY during the attack

USS LIBERTY SITE

The evidence is overwhelming that it was intentional. Our sailors deserve better.

Even though this is the anniversary I haven't seen one thing on the news about this. But Paris Hilton has been on almost constantly for 10 hours!!! Something is definately WRONG with this country if no one cares...

Yes, I agree with you that the evidence is overwhelming that it was intentional. Mr. James Ennes and other survivors' want justice.

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

LOL I could have written your response myself. No surprise there!

Friendly fire incidents are almost always VERY short in duration. ie One plane making a pass over a target and dropping it's ordinance in the wrong spot. or One missile being fired at a misidentified target such as the USS Stark or the USS Vincennes where the targets are OUT OF VISUAL range!!!!

The Israeli's were close enough to fire at our sailors when they went out on deck and tried to abandon ship!!

They even machine gunned the life rafts in the water!!!

Accidents don't take place for 75 MINUTES!! Unless it's Israel becoz they can do NO wrong? According to some who have their head in the sand...

I doubt you've ever even read the facts. You just accept Israel's excuse...and say our sailors are lying??

Do you have knowledge that the people below don't know about???

"I was never satisfied with the Israeli explanation. . . . Through diplomatic channels we refused to accept their explanations. I didn't believe them then, and I don't believe them to this day. The attack was outrageous."

-- US Secretary of State Dean Rusk

"...the board of inquiry (concluded) that the Israelis knew exactly what they were doing in attacking the Liberty."

-- CIA Director Richard Helms

That the attack was deliberate "just wasn't a disputed issue" within the National Security Agency

-- Former NSA Director retired Army Lieutenant General William Odom on 3 March 2003

"I have never believed that the attack on the USS Liberty was a case of mistaken identity. That is ridiculous. Israel knew perfectly well that the ship was American."

-- Admiral Thomas H. Moorer, former Chief of Naval Operations and later Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff

"To suggest that they [the IDF] couldn't identify the ship is ... ridiculous. ... Anybody who could not identify the Liberty could not tell the difference between the White House and the Washington Monument."

-- Admiral Thomas Moorer, Chief of Naval Operations and later Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff

"That the Liberty could have been mistaken for the Egyptian supply ship El Quseir is unbelievable"

-- Special Assistant to the President Clark Clifford, in his report to President Lyndon Johnson

"The attack was clearly deliberate."

-- General Marshall Carter, former director, National Security Agency

"I can tell you for an absolute certainty (from intercepted communications) that they knew they were attacking an American ship."

-- Oliver Kirby, former deputy director for operations/production, National Security Agency. Kirby participated in NSA's investigation of the attack and reviewed translations of intercepted communications between pilots and their headquarters which he reports show conclusively that they knew their target was an American ship.

On the strength of intercept transcripts of pilots' conversations during the attack, the question of the attack's deliberateness "just wasn't a disputed issue" within the agency.

-- Lieutenant General William E. Odom, former director, National Security Agency, interview with David Walsh on March 3, 2003, reported in Naval Institute Proceedings, June, 2003

Why won't they release the radio intercepts of the Israeli pilots? People who were there and heard their communication have stated they identified the Liberty as an American ship!!!

But the US Government might as well be in the paid service of Israel. They hardly utter a criticism of Israel even after they murder of own troops!! What a disgrace

You say "get over it already" Would you say that to 9-11 families?? To the families who lost fathers or sons it's the same except USS Liberty families have never had an ounce of Justice and have been thrown in the trash bin of history to be forgotten.

Gonna try again.

LOL I could have written your response myself. No surprise there!

Friendly fire incidents are almost always VERY short in duration. ie One plane making a pass over a target and dropping it's ordinance in the wrong spot. or One missile being fired at a misidentified target such as the USS Stark or the USS Vincennes where the targets are OUT OF VISUAL range!!!!

The Israeli's were close enough to fire at our sailors when they went out on deck and tried to abandon ship!!

They even machine gunned the life rafts in the water!!!

Accidents don't take place for 75 MINUTES!! Unless it's Israel becoz they can do NO wrong? According to some who have their head in the sand...

I doubt you've ever even read the facts. You just accept Israel's excuse...and say our sailors are lying??

Do you have knowledge that the people below don't know about???

"I was never satisfied with the Israeli explanation. . . . Through diplomatic channels we refused to accept their explanations. I didn't believe them then, and I don't believe them to this day. The attack was outrageous."

-- US Secretary of State Dean Rusk

"...the board of inquiry (concluded) that the Israelis knew exactly what they were doing in attacking the Liberty."

-- CIA Director Richard Helms

That the attack was deliberate "just wasn't a disputed issue" within the National Security Agency

-- Former NSA Director retired Army Lieutenant General William Odom on 3 March 2003

"I have never believed that the attack on the USS Liberty was a case of mistaken identity. That is ridiculous. Israel knew perfectly well that the ship was American."

-- Admiral Thomas H. Moorer, former Chief of Naval Operations and later Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff

"To suggest that they [the IDF] couldn't identify the ship is ... ridiculous. ... Anybody who could not identify the Liberty could not tell the difference between the White House and the Washington Monument."

-- Admiral Thomas Moorer, Chief of Naval Operations and later Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff

"That the Liberty could have been mistaken for the Egyptian supply ship El Quseir is unbelievable"

-- Special Assistant to the President Clark Clifford, in his report to President Lyndon Johnson

"The attack was clearly deliberate."

-- General Marshall Carter, former director, National Security Agency

"I can tell you for an absolute certainty (from intercepted communications) that they knew they were attacking an American ship."

-- Oliver Kirby, former deputy director for operations/production, National Security Agency. Kirby participated in NSA's investigation of the attack and reviewed translations of intercepted communications between pilots and their headquarters which he reports show conclusively that they knew their target was an American ship.

On the strength of intercept transcripts of pilots' conversations during the attack, the question of the attack's deliberateness "just wasn't a disputed issue" within the agency.

-- Lieutenant General William E. Odom, former director, National Security Agency, interview with David Walsh on March 3, 2003, reported in Naval Institute Proceedings, June, 2003

Why won't they release the radio intercepts of the Israeli pilots? People who were there and heard their communication have stated they identified the Liberty as an American ship!!!

But the US Government might as well be in the paid service of Israel. They hardly utter a criticism of Israel even after they murder of own troops!! What a disgrace

You say "get over it already" Would you say that to 9-11 families?? To the families who lost fathers or sons it's the same except USS Liberty families have never had an ounce of Justice and have been thrown in the trash bin of history to be forgotten.

You have made very good points. I agree with you.

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
You have made very good points. I agree with you.

The most sinister motive is put forward by journalist Peter Hounam in his 2003 book

"Operation Cyanide".

Mr Hounam claims secret elements within the U.S. and Israeli governments colluded to

bomb the ship and blame the attack on Egypt and their superpower ally, the Soviet Union,

triggering massive retaliation which would ensure Israeli victory.

"The attack on the Liberty was pre-planned, perhaps from at least a year beforehand,"

Mr Hounam says.

"The Liberty was sent into a very dangerous situation, where it was, in my view, placed

in a position to be attacked."

Mr Hounam says the intention was to sink the ship and kill everyone on board, but as

the Liberty remained afloat the plan was aborted and has been hushed up ever since.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_pictures/6708739.stm

Classic fog of war.

See also recent US instigated incidents, these things happen.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/player/nol/newsid_63...bw=nb&mp=rm

Edited by Boiler

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

I am not suprise, The Jews contol washington, the US diamond in NY, it's a very seclusive society. If anybody says anything critical of Israel Automaticaly the BANDWAGON will come down on you as ANTI SEMITE, through the control of the media and various form, they will try to SHUT UP whatever criticism people have against them, from the way the Palestinian are being handle, you would think a nation or people that went through the horrible pain of Concentration Camp by the Nazis, they would be more considerate to people who are oppress, Like this Jewish anti war activist mention, they Jewish people know only one thing to Opress people or be opress, hard to find a balance.

Just take a look at the last recent conflict in Lebanon, It was not the 1st time that IDF made prisoner exchange with Hezbollah, they have done is in the past, and this time around they went deep inside Lebanon territory on a military incusion, there was a battle and through that, they got trapped and 8 prisoners were taken hostages by Hezbollah, then THE PROPAGANDA MACHINE STARTED

To listen to the radio and the news, HEZBOLLAH invaded ISRAEL and capture the soliers INSIDE ISRAEL territory, BUNCH OF LIES, and ALL THE MEDIA OUTLETS follow the Bandwagon without doing their homework by repeating those same lies.

EVEN if the facts are out, NOBODY would make it out if there's anything critical of Israel as lot of folks beleive THEY CAN"T DO NO WRONG

Gone but not Forgotten!