Miriam n Alain

Alert NVC changed processing for cuba

30 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

In the interests of stopping this from spiralling any further I will throw myself in the line of fire and say that I would gladly trade places with each and everyone of you...with regards to timelines, of course.

-S

03/01/07 Mailed I-130 priority post to Nebraska.

06/19/07 Approved!!!

07/10/07 NVC assigned case #.

10/25/07 NVC Case Complete!!!!

01/22/08 Original Monreal interview- requested to reschedule, told 3-4 month wait.

04/17/08 Interview in Montreal

04/21/08 Received VISA package

06/24/08 Crossed border

07/26/08 Received conditional greencard

07/28/08 Received SSN in mail (went down and applied in person 07/14/08)

08/11/08 Infopass appointment to request 10yr greencard instead of conditional. Mailed out 1-90 with support.

09/25/08 Received case # for I-90

02/17/09 Received 10yr greencard!!! WOOHOO

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
In the interests of stopping this from spiralling any further I will throw myself in the line of fire and say that I would gladly trade places with each and everyone of you...with regards to timelines, of course.

-S

And you know what? I support you and I am sorry the government has sucked for you *Hugs*

and I hope it gets better and I hope that they suddenly find your case and everything falls into place and because they screwed up, I hope they process you sooner and push your case through.

i hope that your spirits rise and that things work out and I hope for you and that is why we are here... to hope and help each other.

TIME LINE 2007

01/12/07-I Fly to Australia

01/25/07-We Got Married!

07/15/07-Point of Entry (K3 Visa)

K3 Time Line for the I-130, I-129F, EAD and AOS

usaCa.gifanimated-hearts.gifaustralC_1xa.gif

Lifting Conditions Timeline

11/06/09- Mailed Petition Via USPS Certified Mail

11/09/09- Your item was delivered at 11:08 AM on November 9, 2009 in LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92677.

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/12/09- Return Receipt Arrives in Mail

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

11/27/09- Received Appointment Letter

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/08/10- Card Production Ordered (E-Mail)

01/09/10- Touched

01/14/10- Greencard Received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
miriam, first of all, my comments were not dictator like. if they had been i would have said, shut your mouth, you don't have a right to vent.

but since i'm not a dictator, you have a right to complain just like i have a right to criticize you. i'll state it again so that you can understand...it's not fair that the nvc changes the rules in the middle of everything without notifying anyone.

however, life isn't fair and you won't get any simpathy from me for complaining that your process could take an additional few weeks when you really haven't waited as long as others have. you're upset and want to express it? good for you. i say, keep things in perspective, it could be worse, a lot worse. you could be like xuemei who has been waiting for 10 months without a NOA2 approval and without an explanation as to why there is a delay.

this process is not fair, deal with it. even with this delay your case will be finished a lot faster than most so your whining is falling on deaf ears, at least mine.

you are right about this...this forum was not created so that you can read what you want to "hear". this forum is great for gathering and sharing information but not everyone is going to agree with you or even sympathize with you. you may not believe this but i sincerely hope that you can get the additional documents like i did quickly and send it to the nvc so that you can keep the process moving. while it stinks that the rules have changed, you aren't going to get a "poor baby" from me for having to wait a few more days

JK

If it was you, we would all have to hear about how unfair it was for you. I think the person that needs to change perspective here is you buddy.

Maybe she did her paperwork better than you and you ###### sucked at yours... you ever think of that? Maybe she had more proof of the validity of her relationship whereas the governement is suspecious of you...

Maybe she had someone who was sitting at a deak and was in a good mood while you got the pissy one who woke up on the wrong side of the bed...

The reality here is that you don't know why she was approved faster than you and why should she be any less upset than anyone would be given her circumstances? Just because you have to wait does not make it her fault... Just because you have to wait does not entitle you to look at the other cases that are process and lay your thick judgement on them because of your own selfish jealous thoughts.

She still has to ache for her man like the rest of us people in here and your lack of compassion to see that just shows everyone here what a royal dumbass you are. You can sit there and look at everyone who may have had "better luck" and think "well what do they have to feel bad for, at least they aren't still waiting" or you can choose to support the people in here that are going through the same pain that you yourself should know and understand. If you don't understand that pain in one day or one year, then maybe people should be questioning why you are here.

When you are upset because somthing happens regard to your case, I would support you despite if you were in a better situation than me or not. You are only showing people that you are not willing to do that for another person. If this was your wife, then you would beat the ####### out of an ####### for talking to her like you are talking to this fine lady here... if your wife was in tears because of missing any moment with you, you would see this different.

You have no right to judge people based on how the government has processed their case. You have no right to judge anyone for that matter. You are only making yourself look like an idiot and if this is how you think, then I feel sorry that your wife has to put up with you.

I agree with jediknight, you got married in january and you didn't even send the 130 until march. Your case will be done very soon. Your husband will be in the states in a few months. Be patient. Most Cr1/Ir1 cases take a year or more, it looks like yours will take only 5 months. Good luck and I'm not trying to sound like an a$$hole. I hope your momentum keeps up. :thumbs:

You are the same. All of us have our waiting time and all of us have our poain and all of us have to suck it up and deal with it and all of us have good and bad. You would want support if something upsetting happened to you. You would not want discrimination because the government choose to push you through faster than anyone else and quite frankly you people make me ###### sick.

I am surprised to hear such strong and ugly words by you Rings. I know that every day of waiting hurts but you don't have right to sue JK. He was waiting 5 months for petition to be approved. May be you can't imagine how he was feeling and you forgot how you were feeling before a week. It is so ugly. What you will say for my family. May be we don't have sufficient information about validity of our marriage too (we are married from a year and we have a child). The policy of USCIS is so discriminatory, cruel and inhuman. There is not difference among the feelings of people from different nationality. Really it is not fair someone to wait 5 months and other to wait 10 months without no reason. Please don't be rude. It hurts.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks. My spirits are pretty good...I have the curse of eternal optimism.

To clarify, when someone writes "it is just my luck" and adds three cry icons they will open themselves up to correction when there are others who's luck has been worse. For further clarity, I don't know if my luck is worse (especially since I married the most amazing man and this situation has brought us even closer) but I did want to offer Miriam an example of how it could be worse...not negate her claim - just put it into perspective.

Thanks for the hugs, I will pass them on to my husband when he arrives next week.

- S

03/01/07 Mailed I-130 priority post to Nebraska.

06/19/07 Approved!!!

07/10/07 NVC assigned case #.

10/25/07 NVC Case Complete!!!!

01/22/08 Original Monreal interview- requested to reschedule, told 3-4 month wait.

04/17/08 Interview in Montreal

04/21/08 Received VISA package

06/24/08 Crossed border

07/26/08 Received conditional greencard

07/28/08 Received SSN in mail (went down and applied in person 07/14/08)

08/11/08 Infopass appointment to request 10yr greencard instead of conditional. Mailed out 1-90 with support.

09/25/08 Received case # for I-90

02/17/09 Received 10yr greencard!!! WOOHOO

Timeline
I am surprised to hear such strong and ugly words by you Rings. I know that every day of waiting hurts but you don't have right to sue JK. He was waiting 5 months for petition to be approved. May be you can't imagine how he was feeling and you forgot how you were feeling before a week. It is so ugly. What you will say for my family. May be we don't have sufficient information about validity of our marriage too (we are married from a year and we have a child). The policy of USCIS is so discriminatory, cruel and inhuman. There is not difference among the feelings of people from different nationality. Really it is not fair someone to wait 5 months and other to wait 10 months without no reason. Please don't be rude. It hurts.

Did you read this whole thread? I have not said one ugly word to anyone outside of a person who didn't care about another persons feelings. I have never bad mouthed any one in this forum nor have I forgotten about my pain or any other persons pain. Look at my last post before this. Does that seem unsupportive to anyones loss or situation? Am I throwing the immigration discrimination laws into her face as if it was some form of valid argument on my part? Clearly not...

Look, this thread was started because someone who is also ahead of me and was processed before me was sad because of a circumstance beyond her control. I am not here to break anyone's spirits down and I have done nothing of the sort.

You are complaining to me of the same thing that he has done. Your post is conflicting of the original reason for my anger and upset. You are seriously telling me that my defense to her feelings is wrong because someone else was processed slower than her... well tough.

"Maybe I can't imagine how he is feeling" is quite the opposite of the reason I am upset. I suggest that you read through this thread again. I did not in any way accuse him of having any less or any more than anyone else. I simply stated that he has no right to lay thick judgement and lack of compassion on someone simply because the governement choose to process her faster than him. This is not an attack on him my fair lady.

No one here made the laws ok. It does not matter why others are treated better or worse, what matters is that we are all stuck in the same place and feeling the same thing.

Some people like to go up and some people like to go down

Some people like to stay right in the middle

Nevertheless we are all stuck on the same elevator listening to the crappy music that no one knows how to turn off.

i was defending her because she is sad about her circumstance. I would do the same for you despite where you were in line and how the governement treated you.

TIME LINE 2007

01/25/07-We Got Married!

11/09/09- Your item was delivered at 11:08 AM on November 9, 2009 in LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92677.

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/09/10- Touched

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

this is not getting us anywhere. thank you all for your input, especially yours rings. i love that you need to use vulgarity to express a thought.

i stand by my criticism but don't want to hijack this thread and the important point of the original post which was to inform everyone going through cuba that the rules have changed. according to the original post, the nvc is requiring more documentation to be sent along with the DS230 such as birth, marriage cerificates and police reports.

this sudden change has been reported by others going through other embassies so it would be wise to call the nvc BEFORE sending the ds230 to double check. don't assume that all you need to send is a copy of the passport since the nvc changes the rules whenever they see fit without notifying anyone.

JK

USCIS (CR-1)

10/03/06 Sent Packet to Vermont Service Center

10/14/06 Received NOA1 (I-797C) in the mail

03/11/07 NOA2 I-797 Approved (I-130 approved in 5 months)

03/12/07 NOA2 Approval Notification received by email

03/15/07 NOA2 received in the mail (postmarked 03/13/07)

NVC

03/14/07 NVC received case/assigned number

03/27/07 AOS(Affidavit of Support) Fee Bill and DS-3032 generated

03/27/07 DS-3032 emailed from wifes email account

03/27/07 AOS Fee Bill mailed

03/30/07 NVC emails my wife acknowledging receipt of DS-3032

04/02/07 Immigrant Visa (IV) Bill generated

04/04/07 AOS Fee Bill entered into NVC system

04/09/07 I-864 Generated

04/12/07 (IV) Bill received/mailed to NVC

04/16/07 I-864 sent to NVC

04/19/07 (IV) Fee Bill and I-864 entered into NVC system

04/25/07 NVC mails Barcode and Instructions for DS-230

04/27/07 NVC completes review of I-864: Approved

05/02/07 Received Instructions for DS-230/Mailed DS-230 to NVC

05/04/07 NVC enters DS-230 into system

05/15/07 Case Complete

06/18/07 Interview date : July 09, 2007

06/20/07 NVC mails packet 4 to me and my wife

06/21/07 NVC mails case to bogota

06/23/07 Received packet 4

07/09/07 Interview/Visa Approved

07/11/07 Visa in hand!!

08/2007 arrival in the US

10/15/2007 applied for SS card at our local SS office

10/23/2007 received SS card in the mail

Timeline
this is not getting us anywhere. thank you all for your input, especially yours rings. i love that you need to use vulgarity to express a thought.

i stand by my criticism but don't want to hijack this thread and the important point of the original post which was to inform everyone going through cuba that the rules have changed. according to the original post, the nvc is requiring more documentation to be sent along with the DS230 such as birth, marriage cerificates and police reports.

this sudden change has been reported by others going through other embassies so it would be wise to call the nvc BEFORE sending the ds230 to double check. don't assume that all you need to send is a copy of the passport since the nvc changes the rules whenever they see fit without notifying anyone.

JK

I am blown away by you. You could have taken your thoughts of her situation and refrained from saying words that stung to intentionally hurt her. You could have stated what you said in this post in the beginning and held your tongue when it came to your opinion on how she has more "luck" than others, but you didn't. You are the reason that this thread strayed from it's original meaning in the very beginning and now you are making a futile attempt to recover the original meaning of this post without having to explain your position behind your statements in an effort to wave your hurtful words off. If anyone "hijacked" this thread from it's original purpose, then it was you.

You are entitled to your own opinion and you are entitled to express your anger or hurt at any given time, but to come into this thread and smear someone who is hurting into the ground just because the government saw them differently is completely out of line.

Vulgar words are used as a means of expression toward a feeling where emotion cannot be adequately expressed through words that have less of a harsh tone and impact to another human. I felt every ounce of that expression so I used the appropriate words to describe how I felt. There isn't a word sharp enough to define how horrible your insensitive thoughts toward another person in pain made me feel and quite honestly, I don't regret what was said any more than you regret your actions of kicking another member while they were already down.

If this was your wife and she was upset because of a situation that you could not control and it meant that you had to spend even one more extra day without her because of something the government could have notified you of, then I would like to think that you would see this situation in a different light.

You are with your wife, you have made this journey. You are in a place that we all want to be in... just the same. If something bad were to happen to you and you had to be separated again, I would express sorrow to you for your loss. I would not sit here and tell you that you should feel lucky that you got some time with your wife before it happened. I would not sit here and tell you "Well hey, it could be worse!"

I am glad that you did not have to go through a loss of time because you caught the change in the system before it affected your case. I am relieved for you that you did not lose a day, an hour, a week or a month. I am thankful that you have been given the chance to be able to kiss her lips and touch her hair. I am glad that you can sit together on this day and wipe a tear from her eye and hold her and comfort her. I am so happy for your joy in that you can wake up with her in the morning and have dinner with her at night.

I am sorry you had to wait longer than others to get that. I am sorry that you had to go through the rape of the government system in order to have the honor that you have today. I am saddened that anyone is forced to "prove" their love and the validity of their relationship to some person sitting in an office who has no clue who these people are. I am sorry that you had to wait an hour, a day, a week, a month... I am sorry for your pain in your process.

What you said to her was needless and hurtful and mean and lacked understanding to the reason she is upset. She should be thankful of the speed of her process, but that does not mean she is not entitled to hurt for another day robbed of her either.

(Every day without you Loke, is a day closer to you and yet... it is still a day without you that I can never get back. I will remember our pain and I will never forget the importance of an hour with you. You are the other half of me.)

TIME LINE 2007

01/25/07-We Got Married!

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/09/10- Touched

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

JK is a jerk. and in response to the VJer that said i didnt start the papers till march FYI I went to a lawyer on January 21st and payed her 400 dollers to start my papers she ended up screwing me over and didnt send my papers till march 9th but i didnt find out about this till i called imigration and asked them what day they recived my petition.

Trust me my journey with Alain hasn’t been smooth. 4 months to get my birth certificate certified so that I could marry him. We had our wedding in December but couldn’t get married till January because Cuba took 4 months to certify my birth certificate. but we had to have our wedding and couldnt wait for the papers because we had already rented the place, printed the invitations and 13 invites had already scheduled and paid their flight. Cuba took 3 months to certify my papers when they usually take a week. Finally a week before I was suppose to leave because my visa was going to expire the papers arrived and we got married the next day. If not I would of had to come back to the states a married unmarried woman. O and no one but my mother and a lawyer friend of mina who married us (well at least pretended to) knew about it I couldn’t tell my grandfather (who walked me down the aisle) about it because it would break his heart. and to top it of I didn’t even get the wedding I wanted because we came in through the Bahamas and all our luggage was left in there by Bahamasair that means that all 13 of my invites and my mother were with out clothes for 7 days we had to hand wash our underwear every night for 7 days because our stuff didn’t arrive till the day after the wedding which was the day before everyone was leaving. My guest that came from the states had to go to the wedding in jeans and t shirts not to mention that I had 2

suitcases full of decorations that I had spent almost 500 dollars on including my wedding jewelry, my husbands shoes our cake top, toasting glasses, party favors for my guest, guest book and to top it off not everything made it back our luggage was ripped and stuff were missing some of my guest had there shoes and clothes stolen. I had to spend our wedding night at his parents house with his brother and brothers friend sleeping on the floor of his room because the car that was taking us to the hotel broke down and we couldn’t find another one because it was 2am and its Cuba so we didn’t get to have sex till the day after our wedding HOWS THAT FOR LUCK! So me getting my petition approved in 7days is great but trust me I had to go through hell for it.

P.S. Cuba messed up my address and sent the papers to the wrong house on top of the fact that they took 4 months then. My mom recived the papers and had to send them to me DHL because I was in cuba at the time.

My Timeline

1/17/2007-Married

USCIS

3/09/2007-I130 sent

3/15/2007-USCIS recived I130

3/21/2007-NOA1 approved

3/22/2007-NOA2 approved Aproved in 7days

NVC

4/09/2007-NVC Case # assigned

4/16/2007-DS3032 and AOS Bill generated

4/18/2007-I sent DS3032 by email (shortcut)

4/20/2007-NVC replied re: DS3032 and DS230 bill generated

4/23/2007-Sent AOS Bill payment overnight (james Shortcuts)

4/24/2007- NVC recived AOS $70 payment

4/30/2007- Recived IV Fee bill

4/30/2007- Payed IV Fee bill $ 380.00

5/01/2007- AOS Generated

5/01/2007- NVC recived IV Fee Bill Payment.

5/07/2007- DS-230 Generated.

5/10/2007- Recived AOS in mail

5/14/2007- Sent AOS Overnight

5/17/2007- Recived DS-230

5/17/2007- Sents DS-230 Overnight Didnt use Shortcut because coversheet changed

5/21/2007- NVC recives DS-230

5/24/2007- Called NVC-RFE for affidavit sent

5/31/2007- Recived RFE in mail

5/31/2007- Responded to RFE

5/31/2007- RFE checklist sent re:DS230 NVC Changed Processing for HAV have to send more documents

6/01/2007- NVC recived my response to RFE.

6/08/2007- Recived Checklist Waiting on Police Certificate can't do anything till that comes.

6/19/2007- Sent Response to RFE.

7/02/2007- Case Complet at NVC waiting for appointment

8/16/2007- Appointment Set.

8/17/2007- Case sent to Havana (Also our 7th month anneversary Good Day! Good Day!)

US Intrest Section In Havana

9/13/2007- Interview in Havana-Visa approved !

9/17/2007- Started Carta Blanca.

10/12/2007- Carta Blanca recived. Went to go buy plan ticket :)

10/17/2007- WELCOME TO MIAMI He's finally here !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
JK is a jerk. and in response to the VJer that said i didnt start the papers till march FYI I went to a lawyer on January 21st and payed her 400 dollers to start my papers she ended up screwing me over and didnt send my papers till march 9th but i didnt find out about this till i called imigration and asked them what day they recived my petition.

Hey Miriam,

one should know better than to call people names. I don't think JK tried to insult you. Even if he did, WWJD?

Yes your situation sucks, and I am sorry for you BUT that is not a good excuse...

Make peace, not war. Lighten up.

And good luck with the rest of your journey.

:bonk:

Rika

CR-1 Timeline

March'07 NOA1 date, case transferred to CSC

June'07 NOA2 per USCIS website!

Waiver I-751 timeline

July'09 Check cashed.

Jan'10 10 year GC received.

Timeline

Miriam, I am sorry for your situation and what you have had to go through. That only goes to show that people are too quick to judge others based on what they THINK they know as opposed to what the real facts are.

None of these people know you and none of these people understand what you have had to go through in order to be with your love. I am sorry that they are insensitive enough and so overly self absorbed in their own losses to care about another person in this world. This only shows you how selfish that people really are. Most of these people come in here to get support or questions answered and whine and cry over their situation and they would get a different result than you have gotten simply because of your timeline. I am sorry that you are being descriminated against because the government saw it fit to process your petition any faster than anyone else. I am sorry that people feel that it is appropriate to insult you because they feel that you have had it better than they have.

It completely blows me away that these people cannot simply be happy for anyone else and yet when they wish to celebrate their victories, they are all too quick to seek out celebration from others. I am sorry for the reflection these people put those of us who are genuine in the world and those of us who do care about other people.

I am sorry that he can not even man up and apologize for his lack of respect toward another memner and his inability to show compassion. Please remember that despite all theses insentive people, there are some of us who do understand your heartache.

Hey Miriam,

one should know better than to call people names. I don't think JK tried to insult you. Even if he did, WWJD?

Yes your situation sucks, and I am sorry for you BUT that is not a good excuse...

Make peace, not war. Lighten up.

And good luck with the rest of your journey.

:bonk:

Rika

WWJD? Hmmm Odd thing to post coming from someone who obviously didn't read the thread well enough to know who was insulting who here. WWJD? Hmmm I think that Jesus would "Do unto others as if you would have them do unto you" or wait.. how about the "Love thy neighbors"... pffft i could go through and entire thread on the things Jesus would do and find hundreds of examples of how people should be treated.

She has been unrightfully mistreated here... I think he did insult her and I feel that she has every right to insult him back. READ IT BEFORE YOU POST...

It's not her fault that his 'little man' syndrom over rode his ability to take her feelings into consideration simply because he had to wait longer (boo hoo). It's not her fault that he felt inclined to kick her while she was down all for his own personal satisfaction of rubbing it in that her paperwork was treated differently than his... that was a personal attack because he is angry over a governement process... not because he thought about her personal feelings on the matter.

He didn't have to sit here and tell her that she didn't have anything to be upset over and to suck it up because it could always be worse... He is an insensitive ####### and I will insult him because I don't give a hell about what Jesus would do. None of you people know her and this is a place of support for someone who is going through the same ####### we are.

Visa Journey IS about the journey and this is her journey. If you are entitled to be upset then so is she and none of you have any right to personally attack her and if you do attack her, then she has every right to defend herself and tell that jerk to piss off.

TIME LINE 2007

01/25/07-We Got Married!

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/09/10- Touched

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hmmm... so according to your logic, now it would be OK if JK came after you and start calling YOU names, because you called him names. I don't see him do that. He must be a good person then... :whistle:

Miriam cares about WWJD. You may not, but this is not your fight either, so why then you are so emotionally involved? Unless you are friends with Miriam... then it is your fight. But then it is called ganging up on someone. Not nice.

Just let it rest, would you?

Please?

:)

Rika

PS You right, I can't read the posts

:reading:

CR-1 Timeline

March'07 NOA1 date, case transferred to CSC

June'07 NOA2 per USCIS website!

Waiver I-751 timeline

July'09 Check cashed.

Jan'10 10 year GC received.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Miriam,

Even though it's really painful to be away from our loved ones you are still way ahead of other people's journey. So waiting another 3 weeks for you to send in the extra paperwork is nothing compared to the people who have been waiting since July of last year to get their I-130s approved. The NVC plays dirty tricks on all of us but since you're going through Cuba, you're still WAY ahead of many of us.

Be patient and be very, very grateful that your visa will be granted in no time. :thumbs:

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
Miriam,

Even though it's really painful to be away from our loved ones you are still way ahead of other people's journey. So waiting another 3 weeks for you to send in the extra paperwork is nothing compared to the people who have been waiting since July of last year to get their I-130s approved. The NVC plays dirty tricks on all of us but since you're going through Cuba, you're still WAY ahead of many of us.

Be patient and be very, very grateful that your visa will be granted in no time. :thumbs:

Diana

Diana,

Did you not read what I went through all last year. Ok so my petition was approved quick but that's the only quick thing that has happened everything else has been complicated as hell.

The rest of you,

I just want this whole journey to be over. I love my husband and if I had to do it again I would but this has been the hardest last two years of my life. And I'm sure that most people in here feel the same and I don't blame them I'm glad that my petition was approved quick I really am but I'm not glad that now its being delayed think how you would feel if you get all excited about things moving fast and then all of a sudden they stop you would be like ###### this sucks! So people stop being mean and give me a break I was just blowing of steam that day ! And I have the right to !

My Timeline

1/17/2007-Married

USCIS

3/09/2007-I130 sent

3/15/2007-USCIS recived I130

3/21/2007-NOA1 approved

3/22/2007-NOA2 approved Aproved in 7days

NVC

4/09/2007-NVC Case # assigned

4/16/2007-DS3032 and AOS Bill generated

4/18/2007-I sent DS3032 by email (shortcut)

4/20/2007-NVC replied re: DS3032 and DS230 bill generated

4/23/2007-Sent AOS Bill payment overnight (james Shortcuts)

4/24/2007- NVC recived AOS $70 payment

4/30/2007- Recived IV Fee bill

4/30/2007- Payed IV Fee bill $ 380.00

5/01/2007- AOS Generated

5/01/2007- NVC recived IV Fee Bill Payment.

5/07/2007- DS-230 Generated.

5/10/2007- Recived AOS in mail

5/14/2007- Sent AOS Overnight

5/17/2007- Recived DS-230

5/17/2007- Sents DS-230 Overnight Didnt use Shortcut because coversheet changed

5/21/2007- NVC recives DS-230

5/24/2007- Called NVC-RFE for affidavit sent

5/31/2007- Recived RFE in mail

5/31/2007- Responded to RFE

5/31/2007- RFE checklist sent re:DS230 NVC Changed Processing for HAV have to send more documents

6/01/2007- NVC recived my response to RFE.

6/08/2007- Recived Checklist Waiting on Police Certificate can't do anything till that comes.

6/19/2007- Sent Response to RFE.

7/02/2007- Case Complet at NVC waiting for appointment

8/16/2007- Appointment Set.

8/17/2007- Case sent to Havana (Also our 7th month anneversary Good Day! Good Day!)

US Intrest Section In Havana

9/13/2007- Interview in Havana-Visa approved !

9/17/2007- Started Carta Blanca.

10/12/2007- Carta Blanca recived. Went to go buy plan ticket :)

10/17/2007- WELCOME TO MIAMI He's finally here !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I don't think anybody is giving you a hard time. I always try to see the glass half full and in your case, it's so close to being full. Just give it time and you'll see that the NVC will close your case quickly and your husband will have his interview sooner than later. If we all give in to desperation, especially being so close to the finish line, we will drive ourselves crazy. A la Paris Hilton. :P

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.