61 posts in this topic

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

pills. go get some pills. medication was invented for a reason and there are many that can help make you more comfortable, safely, for your journey.

I-129F/K1

1-12-07 mailed to CSC

1-22-07 DHS cashes the I-129F check

1-23-07 NOA1 Notice Date

1-26-07 NOA1 arrives in the post

4-25-07 Touched!

4-26-07 Touched again!

5-3-07 NOA2!!! Two approval emails received at 11:36am

5-10-07 Arrived at NVC/5-14-07 Left NVC - London-bound!

5-17-07??? London receives?

5-20-07 Packet 3 mailed

5-26-07 Packet 3 received

5-29-07 Packet 3 returned, few days later than planned due to bank holiday weekend

6-06-07 Medical in London (called to schedule on May 29)

6-11-07 "Medical in file" at Embassy

6-14-07 Resent packet 3 to Embassy after hearing nothing about first try

6-22-07 DOS says "applicant now eligible for interview," ie: they enter p3 into their system

6-25-07 DOS says interview date is August 21

6-28-07 Help from our congressional representative gives us new interview date: July 6

7-06-07 Interview at 9:00 am at the London Embassy - Approved.

7-16-07 Visa delivered after 'security checks' completed

I-129F approved in 111 days; Interview 174 days from filing

Handy numbers:

NVC: (603) 334-0700 - press 1, 5; US State Department: (202) 663-1225 - press 1, 0

*Be afraid or be informed - the choice is yours.*

Filed: Timeline
You'll be ok..

Trust me, is better to fly then to drive.. I'm sure you've heard that before.

You can't drive from the UK to Texas anyway... :blink: :blink: :blink:

pills. go get some pills. medication was invented for a reason and there are many that can help make you more comfortable, safely, for your journey.

Last time I flew I had five Valium tablets...trust me, Valium does NOT work. :crying:

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

Maybe a 1/2 Litre of London Dry would help :devil:

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

How about some antihistamines? They can make people very drowsy, at least you could sleep through most of the flight then.

They don't make me drowsy tho. :unsure:

By the time the panic sets in, I'm either vomiting too much to keep meds down or there's so much adrenaline that it doesn't allow any medication to work.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

not valium. you don't need a sleeping pill. it sounds like you need an anti anxiety medication. go see a doctor and discuss options. there are medications that DO work to quell fear and anxiety and doctors will and do prescribe them for people with air-travel related phobias.

booze doesn't work. sleeping pills won't help you in the run up to the flight. but there are options. go to the doctor!

I-129F/K1

1-12-07 mailed to CSC

1-22-07 DHS cashes the I-129F check

1-23-07 NOA1 Notice Date

1-26-07 NOA1 arrives in the post

4-25-07 Touched!

4-26-07 Touched again!

5-3-07 NOA2!!! Two approval emails received at 11:36am

5-10-07 Arrived at NVC/5-14-07 Left NVC - London-bound!

5-17-07??? London receives?

5-20-07 Packet 3 mailed

5-26-07 Packet 3 received

5-29-07 Packet 3 returned, few days later than planned due to bank holiday weekend

6-06-07 Medical in London (called to schedule on May 29)

6-11-07 "Medical in file" at Embassy

6-14-07 Resent packet 3 to Embassy after hearing nothing about first try

6-22-07 DOS says "applicant now eligible for interview," ie: they enter p3 into their system

6-25-07 DOS says interview date is August 21

6-28-07 Help from our congressional representative gives us new interview date: July 6

7-06-07 Interview at 9:00 am at the London Embassy - Approved.

7-16-07 Visa delivered after 'security checks' completed

I-129F approved in 111 days; Interview 174 days from filing

Handy numbers:

NVC: (603) 334-0700 - press 1, 5; US State Department: (202) 663-1225 - press 1, 0

*Be afraid or be informed - the choice is yours.*

not valium. you don't need a sleeping pill. it sounds like you need an anti anxiety medication. go see a doctor and discuss options. there are medications that DO work to quell fear and anxiety and doctors will and do prescribe them for people with air-travel related phobias.

booze doesn't work. sleeping pills won't help you in the run up to the flight. but there are options. go to the doctor!

Have done; they offered Valium. :angry:

ETA: They won't give me anti-anxiety medications because they're afraid I'll get addicted to them and they offered me three measly tablets of Valium. They said five is enough to kill me (clearly it's not, I've taken that much several times in the past) and I don't "need" it in the run up to the flight. I guess that's just the NHS trying to screw me over one last time on my way out the door. :angry:

Edited by homesick_american

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Have done; they offered Valium. :angry:

ETA: They won't give me anti-anxiety medications because they're afraid I'll get addicted to them and they offered me three measly tablets of Valium. They said five is enough to kill me (clearly it's not, I've taken that much several times in the past) and I don't "need" it in the run up to the flight. I guess that's just the NHS trying to screw me over one last time on my way out the door. :angry:

Tim and I got a travel scrabble and a couple of other games to play on one of the flights we took together. It really did help to keep my mind off of tight quarters and a very long flight. My suggestion keep busy! I tried sleeping pills on one trip and only ended up feeling worse for it!

bar37.gif

Image14.jpg

bar37.gif

XANNAX- its made for anxiety start slow .5mg & go up.

i hate flying more than anything. my personal recipe 3mg of xannax w/ 3 double captain morgans & coke. you aren't gonna care about ****, & if your plane ride is turbulent......you won't even know about it.

TRUE STORY- okc-la 1mg / 2 cap & coke, lax- hkg-3mg/3 cap & coke (i woke up over japan 12hrs later) hnk-cbu 1mg/1 cap & coke.....repeat on return trip.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
XANNAX- its made for anxiety start slow .5mg & go up.

i hate flying more than anything. my personal recipe 3mg of xannax w/ 3 double captain morgans & coke. you aren't gonna care about ****, & if your plane ride is turbulent......you won't even know about it.

TRUE STORY- okc-la 1mg / 2 cap & coke, lax- hkg-3mg/3 cap & coke (i woke up over japan 12hrs later) hnk-cbu 1mg/1 cap & coke.....repeat on return trip.

I second this, Xanax also works to tranquilize the part of the brain that controls vomiting. 2 birds one stone. When I had health insurance I took a xanax and 2 dramamine for my flight and woke up at my destination. I hear ativan works the same way too.

Although if valium is all they wanna give you, I can understand that. It's not like you can pull a bar of Xanax outta your butt, and if you could would you take it anyway? :unsure: Makes me worry about when I move over to the UK if I will be able to get anti-anxietey meds :crying:

Life long Texan, living in Hull, UK. How did this happen?

11 January - We met online and became friends

4 February - Became a couple

17 March - I went to Hull to meet the guy

20 March - First "I love you"

25 March - I go home :(

16 November - He comes to visit me in Texas

25 November - he leaves back home :(

14 December - ENGAGED! <3

1 March- I fly off to see my babe in Hull

4 April - I go home :(

9 October - He comes back to Texas!!!!

13 October - WEDDING!!!

22 October - He goes back to England and I continue to wait for my settlement visa.

13 December 2007 - Move to England

Now the wait begins, I will become a citizen then we will DFC back to the US.

the-british-are-comming-small.jpg965-smaller.jpg

Our slide show .......... Our page on TheKnot.com

.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.