dwheels76

NVC Filers - November 2019

1,000 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, AndyRoo6 said:

Just having a mini freak out as the date of my document review grows closer, and have been searching through heaps of answers to this question from previous years.

Tax transcripts for 2016 and 2017 have been previously submitted and approved. We are awaiting review of the 2018 tax transcript for my co-sponsors (my in-law) and my mother in law is a homemaker so the transcript is a joint return.

Is the w-2 needed? 

I read conflicting info from the same/similar question on here. I have been torturing myself for the last 2 hours reading posts.

I feel sick thinking that yet again...we have screwed up. I don't know how, I feel so stupid.

Any thoughts are appreciated as always.

Please be kind

I believe they must meet same requirements as primary... primary needs to submit w2’s... the confusing part is  NVC didn’t ask for them... So I just Uploaded them under additional documents.. 

i hope for your sake they don’t need them 🤞 I know you’ve had problems

Edited by Duke & Marie

AOS Journey

• I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021
  • EAD approved 12 March 2021
  • Interview Completed 24 March 2021
  • EAD Card Received 1 April 2021  
  • Case under review 2 April 2021
  • New Card is Being Produced 25 September 2021
  • 10 Year Green Card Approved and Mailed 27 September 2021 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

37 minutes ago, AndyRoo6 said:

Just having a mini freak out as the date of my document review grows closer, and have been searching through heaps of answers to this question from previous years.

Tax transcripts for 2016 and 2017 have been previously submitted and approved. We are awaiting review of the 2018 tax transcript for my co-sponsors (my in-law) and my mother in law is a homemaker so the transcript is a joint return.

Is the w-2 needed? 

I read conflicting info from the same/similar question on here. I have been torturing myself for the last 2 hours reading posts.

I feel sick thinking that yet again...we have screwed up. I don't know how, I feel so stupid.

Any thoughts are appreciated as always.

Please be kind

Try this...if it makes any sense... extract from how to fill out document.. I think you might get lucky, if you uploaded transcript

i-864instr.pdf?download=1

E402301B-5B1A-4321-99FC-B1E00F7B896E.jpeg

Edited by Duke & Marie

AOS Journey

• I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021
  • EAD approved 12 March 2021
  • Interview Completed 24 March 2021
  • EAD Card Received 1 April 2021  
  • Case under review 2 April 2021
  • New Card is Being Produced 25 September 2021
  • 10 Year Green Card Approved and Mailed 27 September 2021 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 hours ago, Narmeen said:

I submitted one along with marriage certificate 

I don't know why they asking again for the same thing 

They want nikah nama 

English translation 

N marriage certificate from nadra

Well i' ve submitted every thing 

Every pakistani should have each n every document , whether they mentioned r not

Because now a days terms n policies are changing everyday 

Just don't give them a chance to make it more late

That’s actually true. Better safe than sorry. I’ve already submitted my documents. So can’t do anything at this point, just wait and see if they ask for it or not.

Timeline

I got an email on 23rd of November by the NVC and it says they have received my approved immigrant visa petition from USCIS and they have generated my case number and invoice number for the further process and ask me to pay the fees.

I wanted to ask you all...how long will it takes me to get an interview??

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
46 minutes ago, Sam07 said:

I got an email on 23rd of November by the NVC and it says they have received my approved immigrant visa petition from USCIS and they have generated my case number and invoice number for the further process and ask me to pay the fees.

I wanted to ask you all...how long will it takes me to get an interview??

It depends on, first, how long it takes you to upload your documents and how long it then takes NVC to approve them. Then, it depends on what embassy/country you are interviewing in and the backlog of that embassy

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

We read as well that there is no police certificate required for pakistan... but when we saw it on the list of documents to be submitted we got my husbands made just in case... our case was dq on November 20th... our original submission was september 13th then they asked for proof of domicile on september 27th.... we resubmitted on October 16th and got DQ on November 20th.

Just now, Safiah said:

7 hours ago, aceegreene said:

That’s actually true. Better safe than sorry. I’ve already submitted my documents. So can’t do anything at this point, just wait and see if they ask for it or not.

Edited by Safiah

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Safiah said:

We read as well that there is no police certificate required for pakistan... but when we saw it on the list of documents to be submitted we got my husbands made just in case... our case was dq on November 20th... our original submission was september 13th then they asked for proof of domicile on september 27th.... we resubmitted on October 16th and got DQ on November 20th.

Hmm, thanks for the info. I’ll look into getting a police certificate in case they ask for one. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, LilyJ said:

It depends on, first, how long it takes you to upload your documents and how long it then takes NVC to approve them. Then, it depends on what embassy/country you are interviewing in and the backlog of that embassy

Is it okay if I pay partially... Like $120 for the affidavit of support fee (AOS

then after few days to pay rest $325 for IV application processing fees??

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline
1 minute ago, Sam07 said:

Is it okay if I pay partially... Like $120 for the affidavit of support fee (AOS

then after few days to pay rest $325 for IV application processing fees??

you can pay either one any time you want. 

"Seek knowledge from the cradle to the grave." - Prophet Muhammad (SAW)

Timeline
2 hours ago, Safiah said:

I have applied my police certificate and it will be ready within a day or two as they have said... But I didn't read about the domicile thing... Kindly guide me if you can 🙄

18 minutes ago, Sam07 said:

I have applied my police certificate and it will be ready within a day or two as they have said... But I didn't read about the domicile thing... Kindly guide me if you can 🙄

Its not necessary my situation was a little different... I'm the petitioner but I've been living with my husband in pakistan for four years also going back and fourth to America... so as the petitioner i had to prove my domicile which i did and they accepted... i dont think this should be an issue for anyone else unless they have been living outside of america. Hope thats helps :) 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Safiah said:

Its not necessary my situation was a little different... I'm the petitioner but I've been living with my husband in pakistan for four years also going back and fourth to America... so as the petitioner i had to prove my domicile which i did and they accepted... i dont think this should be an issue for anyone else unless they have been living outside of america. Hope thats helps :)

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I'm from Pakistan and the beneficiary so I just want to know about the required documents from you because you are also going through.

11 minutes ago, Sam07 said:

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I'm from Pakistan and the beneficiary so I just want to know about the required documents from you because you are also going through.

So for you being the beneficiary its passport biographic page, passport sized photographs, birth certificate you need your original and translated version and my husband had his nadra one as well, our original nikkah nama, translated one, and the nadra one, and we also put the police certificate just incase and all of his stuff was accepted in the first part we only had to fix my (the petitioners) douments. And no problem im glad i can help!

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Safiah said:

So for you being the beneficiary its passport biographic page, passport sized photographs, birth certificate you need your original and translated version and my husband had his nadra one as well, our original nikkah nama, translated one, and the nadra one, and we also put the police certificate just incase and all of his stuff was accepted in the first part we only had to fix my (the petitioners) douments. And no problem im glad i can help!

Oh thanks for the meaningful info sis.

I hope it helps as well and I will ask you more questions when needed if you won't mind. 🤐

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.