dwheels76

NVC Filers - November 2019

1,000 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, AndyRoo6 said:

The dates are reliable and accurate to the date unfortunately. Don't believe anyone who says otherwise. There are of course people who are exceptions, for this reason or that...Now what those reasons are nobody knows (again people will come up with theories but it's just that, a theory).

It is best to ignore the exceptions, because they will drive you insane with jealousy and you will question why them and not me, but a lot of this process at the doc review stage and which USCIS office you end up at comes down to luck.

When you see someone has got DQ before you and they submitted after, its best to just click that heart like button, keep your head down and expect your case to be reviewed no earlier than 6-7 weeks.

Of course this is just the humble opinion of someone who is awaiting review after his 4th submission and been in this last stage for 6 months.....help

Yeah, I was just wondering is all.. I’m in no big hurry, I Cant move anywhere prior to Feb/mar next year anyways and will see hubby for a month over Christmas...

would be nice to get this whole thing over with though... on the up side, it’s still faster than his coming here I guess

i hope you get through soon, I’ve seen you’ve had problem with getting dq.. 

Edited by Duke & Marie

AOS Journey

• I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021
  • EAD approved 12 March 2021
  • Interview Completed 24 March 2021
  • EAD Card Received 1 April 2021  
  • Case under review 2 April 2021
  • New Card is Being Produced 25 September 2021
  • 10 Year Green Card Approved and Mailed 27 September 2021 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

8 minutes ago, Duke & Marie said:

Yeah, I was just wondering is all.. I’m in no big hurry, I Cant move anywhere prior to Feb/mar next year anyways and will see hubby for a month over Christmas...

would be nice to get this whole thing over with though... on the up side, it’s still faster than his coming here I guess

i hope you get through soon, I’ve seen you’ve had problem with getting dq.. 

Thank you!

Yes it's a wonderous process.

Are you going there for xmas or is here coming to Australia?

55 minutes ago, AndyRoo6 said:

Thank you!

Yes it's a wonderous process.

Are you going there for xmas or is here coming to Australia?

My turn to fly 😂 I go there on the 14th for a month... gunna freeze my ### off ☃️

AOS Journey

• NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021

On 11/1/2019 at 9:35 AM, Syed_Asghar.Raza said:

My Expedite request has been approved, received the email today...... NVC shows that case is already in Embassy now...... hopefully will get the interview scheduled by next week.... what a way to start a new month.

How did you expedite  your case?

I just submitted my today 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
12 hours ago, AlenaNick said:

I just wanna cry!

I paid on the 7th money got withdrawn on the 8th

called Friday 15th and they said they will escalate it to the supervisor.

called again this afternoon and she said it would take 6 weeks to be reviewed from the supervisor.

that means 7 weeks waiting for my AOS fee to switch to paid. 

7 weeks after payment?! ####### that cant be normal.

iv changed to paid 3 days after payment on the 10th

anyone knows how to handle this?

We have the same issue, we paid on the 8th and the AOS fee got stuck. When we called yesterday, they told us:  "Oh just go and fill in the inquiry online with a  photocopy of the bank statement showing the money being taken out of your account." I don't understand how  they can have different procedures for the same issue - it's so annoying, especially when every call takes hours of waiting.

I-130
Sent: 12/10/2018 
Delivered: 12/12/2018
NOA1: 12/12/2018 (LIN)

NOA2:  09/25/2019

Sent to NVC: 10/07/2019

Case number assigned and received: 11/05/2019

Fees paid: 11/07/2019

IV changes to paid: 11/12/2019

AOS changed to paid: 11/20/2019 (after calling NVC)

DQ 02/27/2020

Interview: 06/30/2020

Approved: 07/02/2020 (Medical exam delay)

Visa received: 07/10/2020

I-129f

Sent: 08/30/2019

NOA1: 09/03/2019(LIN)

NOA2 denied 09/25/2019

2 hours ago, Duke & Marie said:

My turn to fly 😂 I go there on the 14th for a month... gunna freeze my ### off ☃️

May I ask if you have flown to the US since you started this process? 

We are meeting my in-laws in Hawaii over xmas and I am really nervous about immigration turning me away because of the GC process.

I have heard of it happening to people, and so am preparing with things like: letter from our immigration lawyer, letter from my employer stating my employment and expected recommencement, paper copy of return ticket.

Any past experience you have I would really appreciate hearing about. Even if you just tell me I am being silly and it will be fine haha 

6 hours ago, Mr & Mrs T said:

It looks like they are picky about a lot of things just to gain time .. 

They are indeed so picky and being inconsiderate. Just when we were ready to submit all docs after ds - 260 submission, they requested for a police clearance from two foreign countries where the beneficiary lived in for less than  six months for one country and 8 months for another. How frustrating it is. 

1 hour ago, AndyRoo6 said:

May I ask if you have flown to the US since you started this process? 

We are meeting my in-laws in Hawaii over xmas and I am really nervous about immigration turning me away because of the GC process.

I have heard of it happening to people, and so am preparing with things like: letter from our immigration lawyer, letter from my employer stating my employment and expected recommencement, paper copy of return ticket.

Any past experience you have I would really appreciate hearing about. Even if you just tell me I am being silly and it will be fine haha 

I’ve flown into both Lax and Houston... 9 trips total  (6 times since filing i130), stayed from 10 days - 35 days each trip... no issues so far (touch wood) stay cool, be honest, Keep answers short, sweet to the point, only answer what they ask..

personally, I just carry a printed copy of my return itinerary and approved leave application from work in case the ask for evidence of my intent to go home.. but it’s never been asked for... and I’ve always said visiting hubby etc..

I wouldn’t worry about letter from lawyer at additional cost, but up to you of course

cant see you having too many issues, Hawaii is a pretty common holiday destination for Aussies (a bit like Fiji) and we’re reasonably low risk by comparison to other countries..I don’t think you should worry.

have fun on holidays with other half and in-laws, don’t forget the floral shirt 🤗🤗🤗

Edited by Duke & Marie

AOS Journey

• NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
13 hours ago, Frank77777 said:

How long you waiting ?:)  for dq

We submitted on October 22, approved November 18.

Marriage: 2019-01-10

I-130 NOA1: 2019-02-15

I-129f Notice Date: 2019-07-11

I-130 Approved, NOA2: 2019-08-08 (170 days)

Sent to NVC: 2019-09-03

NVC case number: 2019-10-04

Submitted document to NVC: 2019-10-22

CC/DQ: 2019-11-18

Embassy interview: 2020-01-18

(all dates in yyyy-mm-dd)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
14 hours ago, Maria66 said:

Its so funny! Checking your timeline , we have exactly same days for NOA2, sent to NVC and NVC case number. And we submitted documents on october 23rd!!! So parallell...i hope we get DQ tom, following your path! 

It should be soon. I hope today is your day!

Marriage: 2019-01-10

I-130 NOA1: 2019-02-15

I-129f Notice Date: 2019-07-11

I-130 Approved, NOA2: 2019-08-08 (170 days)

Sent to NVC: 2019-09-03

NVC case number: 2019-10-04

Submitted document to NVC: 2019-10-22

CC/DQ: 2019-11-18

Embassy interview: 2020-01-18

(all dates in yyyy-mm-dd)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
52 minutes ago, Esponjoso said:

It should be soon. I hope today is your day!

I submitted October 22 when the system came back up. I hope mines is soon also. I requested an expedite but received notification that it was denied. So hopefully my time is coming soon. Congrats on your approval. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.