dwheels76

NVC Filers - November 2019

1,000 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

another 1 1/2 hours on the phone to call nvc.....

super nice representative and helpful unlike the other.

She was like 'I dont understand why the other representative did not escalate the problem' (called yesterday the first time)

My AOS fee was lingering in PROCESS/Pending since the 8th when it got withdrawn.

My IV showed as PAID on the 10th already.

PRAYING they fix it before the weekend.

I-130

4/10/2019 Sent to Phoenix Lockbox

4/18/2019  NOA1

9/25/2019 NOA 2 for I-130  (166 days) - no 129 or expedite.

11/07/2019 Received  NVC Case Number via Email and submitted the payments (same day)

11/23/2019 Submitted everything

12/19/19 DQ

02/04/20 Interview

02/10/20 Greencard fee paid

02/15/20 POE

10/01/20 Card in production

02/15/20 Move to the US

06/2021 Finally received Greencard

I-751 (Lifting Conditions)

01/2022 I751 sent

02/2022 NOA1 / Using old Biometrics

1 hour ago, LilyJ said:

That forum is for interviews in Mexico and Latin/South America; the interview wait is different depending on the country 

I know that the forum is for interviews in Mexico . My husband lives in Mexico so I know what I’m talking about,  and the wait is up to 10 months or longer right now 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
31 minutes ago, Gabs12349 said:

Yup I know that , my husband is from Mexico so I know what I’m talking about 

I realize; I’m simply pointing out that that forum is not relevant to the person you sent it to as they are not interviewing in Latin America 

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

3 hours ago, AlenaNick said:

another 1 1/2 hours on the phone to call nvc.....

super nice representative and helpful unlike the other.

She was like 'I dont understand why the other representative did not escalate the problem' (called yesterday the first time)

My AOS fee was lingering in PROCESS/Pending since the 8th when it got withdrawn.

My IV showed as PAID on the 10th already.

PRAYING they fix it before the weekend.

I was in the same boat as you. My AOS fee changed to paid in 2 business days. It took 2 weeks for IV fee to change to paid. It changed to paid 1 day after I escalated to the supervisor.

3 hours ago, Gabs12349 said:

I know this 

The person you replied to their spouse is from the UK and if you look at their timeline, they have an interview for December already. LilyJ was just pointing that out for you since you thought they were in Mexico. You also didn't really need to quote her three different times saying that you know these things. Try to be courteous on the forum. LilyJ seems like one of the more knowledgeable people here who is constantly helping answer people's questions. 

1 hour ago, canadavisa22 said:

The person you replied to their spouse is from the UK and if you look at their timeline, they have an interview for December already. LilyJ was just pointing that out for you since you thought they were in Mexico. You also didn't really need to quote her three different times saying that you know these things. Try to be courteous on the forum. LilyJ seems like one of the more knowledgeable people here who is constantly helping answer people's questions. 

Im new to this website , it quoted three times because it wouldn’t show my comments that i was posting, and first she said the forum was for Mexico, so I thought it was for mexico 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Gabs12349 said:

Im new to this website , it quoted three times because it wouldn’t show my comments that i was posting, and first she said the forum was for Mexico, so I thought it was for mexico 

This forum is for all NVC filers; you sent a link to a forum for Mexico and Latin America to someone from the UK so I just wanted to let you know that what you sent was not applicable to them as they are not interviewing in Mexico or Latin America, so their wait time for an interview will be way different than yours, as wait times in consulates in Europe are generally much quicker to be scheduled than consulates in other regions such as Canada, Mexico, India, etc (though there are exceptions like France where the wait is 5 months)

Edited by LilyJ

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

NVC Stage:

• Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

47 minutes ago, LilyJ said:

This forum is for all NVC filers; you sent a link to a forum for Mexico and Latin America to someone from the UK so I just wanted to let you know that what you sent was not applicable to them as they are not interviewing in Mexico or Latin America, so their wait time for an interview will be way different than yours, as wait times in consulates in Europe are generally much quicker to be scheduled than consulates in other regions such as Canada, Mexico, India, etc (though there are exceptions like France where the wait is 5 months)

Oh ok got it , where can I find wait times but for mexico??

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Gabs12349 said:

Oh ok got it , where can I find wait times but for mexico??

In the forum for Mexico & Latin/South America that you linked earlier, there you can find and create discussions about wait times for interviews at the consulate in Mexico with others who are also going through the consulate in Mexico 

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

NVC Stage:

Interview Stage:

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
10 hours ago, Sea Leslie said:

Thanks for you response.... My husband requested his report last month, but the main office relocated so now their backlogged. He is hoping to get it in a few days. Are you also waiting for them to release the police report? 

Hi Sea Leslie I have bring lucking around have said anything since most people here are filing for the spouse am filing for my mom and dad my mom is at the nvc stage and she file for her police report back in September and still haven’t got it she keep getting the round around,I know it might not mean much as I know nvc need it, I just submit all her documents with a letter and  receipt of the police record showing that she applied for it. I haven’t hear anything from them as yet. My dad applied for his Police record last month and they told him 2 to 3 months since they’re still having a lot of blockage am just giving up heads up hope your husband get his soon.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We received NOA 2 on the 7th November and our case was sent to NVC Yesterday. I am currently in Canada, however I will be in India for the next 3-4 months. Can someone shed light on whether I can select my interview location in a different country than the one where you live? Thanks :) 

35 minutes ago, Specter said:

We received NOA 2 on the 7th November and our case was sent to NVC Yesterday. I am currently in Canada, however I will be in India for the next 3-4 months. Can someone shed light on whether I can select my interview location in a different country than the one where you live? Thanks :) 

No you can only interview in Montreal. However, it'll take 30-60 days to get a case number and another 1-2 months to get case complete from there and then another 4-5 months to get an interview.

Your main issue will be making sure you have all the documents NVC needs before you leave for India including a police certificate from the RCMP.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.