dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview December 2019

621 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, mari1991 said:

Well you are immigrating from Copenhagen so hopefully the process is a less lengthy than other high volume embassies! Blessings! 

actually we are immigrating from russia, we only got married in copenhagen.

here's hoping we all get through this crazy process as soon as possible.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I have a question in reference to documents for the interview.  I am not sure if this question was asked, but being that we are required to bring originals and copies to the interview I have a question in reference to which documents should be originals.  All of my AOS documents are Pay Stubs, Offer Letter from Work, Tax Transcripts and such.  Most are available online for me to print, but not "original" per se.  I was wondering, should I go get certified true copies for all of these documents or just print two copies and bring to the embassy?

As for my Civil documents, I have all originals should I have the copies certified as true copies for the embassy?

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

USCIS Processing

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Consulate: Kingston

Marriage: 2019/02/14

I-130 sent: 2019/02/28

I-130 NOA1: 2019/03/01

I-130 Approval: 2019/08/21

NVC Processing

Case sent to NVC: 2019/09/11

Case receive NVC: 2019/09/18

Case # receive NVC: 2019/10/01

Pay AOS/IV Fees: 2019/10/01

Send AOS/IV Documents: 2019/10/05

Timeline
14 hours ago, Cony said:

Thanks for a reply.

You mean...I don't need to bring I-864 to my interview but it's better to have new one?

My husband brought a new I-864 because we had some major changes since we submitted it. I had moved back to the US and gotten a new job. We emailed our embassy ahead of the interview and they said my husband could bring a scanned copy of the updated one. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, SmarterChild said:

i didn't even think to request that. they didn't really give me the option, they just said they would send the medical results digitally and i had no reason to doubt them... bummer. i hope this gets cleared up soon.

My husband's medical clinic said he could pick his medical packet up the hour before his interview. We said no thanks, we want it AT LEAST the day before. We got it the day before and it felt a whole lot better. Good luck getting your results! 

Just now, gonzolux said:

My husband's medical clinic said he could pick his medical packet up the hour before his interview. We said no thanks, we want it AT LEAST the day before. We got it the day before and it felt a whole lot better. Good luck getting your results! 

thanks! they actually did give us the results, but they took the liberty of opening it up before handing it to me, thus invalidating it for use in our interview :(

1 hour ago, Olafemi said:

Hey I got my interview letter on Monday! So happy! It left the nvc yesterday (status in transit) 

DQ Nov 12

IL Nov 25

interview date Dec 13

Congrats! It looks like recently notified interviews are just a couple weeks after the notification date... I thought it would always be a month away from the date they notify. Did you schedule your medical exam after you get the interview letter? I am just wondering whether there are people who actually did before the interview date is confirmed. Thanks! 

6 minutes ago, QBHE said:

Congrats! It looks like recently notified interviews are just a couple weeks after the notification date... I thought it would always be a month away from the date they notify. Did you schedule your medical exam after you get the interview letter? I am just wondering whether there are people who actually did before the interview date is confirmed. Thanks! 

Thanks! I was able to schedule my medical for next week. So I still have more than a week between medical and interview. I didn’t think you could schedule medical until you receive your interview letter as you have to take your letter with you. But I could be wrong. 

4 minutes ago, Olafemi said:

Thanks! I was able to schedule my medical for next week. So I still have more than a week between medical and interview. I didn’t think you could schedule medical until you receive your interview letter as you have to take your letter with you. But I could be wrong. 

I think you are right.... haha 

Anyway, good luck on your interview! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
8 hours ago, SNJOHNSON said:

I have a question in reference to documents for the interview.  I am not sure if this question was asked, but being that we are required to bring originals and copies to the interview I have a question in reference to which documents should be originals.  All of my AOS documents are Pay Stubs, Offer Letter from Work, Tax Transcripts and such.  Most are available online for me to print, but not "original" per se.  I was wondering, should I go get certified true copies for all of these documents or just print two copies and bring to the embassy?

As for my Civil documents, I have all originals should I have the copies certified as true copies for the embassy?

Just two copies you should be fine

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
9 hours ago, SNJOHNSON said:

Oh wow. Does my husband have to bring my paystubs and offer letter to the interview?  I thought it just mentioned transcripts AOS and his original civil docs with ds260, etc.  I just left Turkey and organized his folder for the interview but I didn’t include any paystubs or offer letter 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.