Bebe1

N-400 November 2019 Filers

1,428 posts in this topic

On 10/7/2020 at 7:35 AM, SusieQQQ said:

SF guys, I wouldn’t get too excited. My husband filed in October 2019 and after an actual number of “days” a while back under estimated time it now says “ We are taking longer than expected to process your case. You do not need to do anything at this time.“ Hopefully it won’t be too much longer though.

Hi All, Need advice pls 
I'm SF too 

N400 Nov2019 + pending I751 Nov2018 both transferred to the NBC

USCIS advice that my N400  is ready to be scheduled for interview since 01/12/2020 ( But NO UPDATE AS OF NOW)

today my estimated time 9days 

as per congressman, ombudsman and USCIS CS both N400& I751will be adjudicated at the same time of N400 interview 

***However, the A-File is still physically located at the NBC.  NBC didn't send the A-file to San Francisco field office yet.

As I understand that the field office cannot schedule my N-400 interview if they didn't have the physical A-file in San Francisco field office.
My question is:-
Is it right that the field office cannot schedule the N-400 and I751 interview if they didn't receive the A-file from NBC? and why NBC office keep my file and didn't send it back to San Francisco field office if they done with reviewing at NBC?

2 hours ago, Pete20155 said:

Well hoping to get the decision sooner. Where I had to wait for so long I don't mind waiting a couple more months, but anything longer than that will cause me anxiousness. Thank you. @kenzo_gal How did your Oath Ceremony go ? did you apply for your passport yet ?

I know and hopefully you'll hear from them asap. The ceremony was okay and it could've been better without the pandemic. The officer who have conducted the ceremony said that naturalization area used to be full of applicants with their families. The ceremony itself was short and very straight forward. You'll then get your Naturalization Certificate towards the end.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

Finally got my notice for interview yesterday!! They haven't loaded a copy of the letter yet so I don't have a date yet.

Interestingly, I was first notified by an app I have called Lawfully. When I checked online using the myuscis site, it was not updated yet. But when I checked my case status thru egov, it had my case status updated there. 

47 minutes ago, hafu_hafu said:

Finally got my notice for interview yesterday!! They haven't loaded a copy of the letter yet so I don't have a date yet.

Interestingly, I was first notified by an app I have called Lawfully. When I checked online using the myuscis site, it was not updated yet. But when I checked my case status thru egov, it had my case status updated there. 

Congrats! Lawfully  just Ping all case status On the egov website and notify you when it’s updated. In my case egov also was updated first

B1/B2 -->married USC---> I-130 + I-485 + I-765 :

Sent: 06/20/2016

Biometric: 07/20/2016

RFE: 09/01/2016

RFE reply sent: 10/31/16

EAD received:  11/15/2016

Interview 03/15/2017 APPROVED

ROC:

Package Delivered: 12/21/2018

Text and email with case # received: 12/26/2018 Vermont Service Center

Biometric app. 01/30/2019

Approved: 12/06/2019

Green Card received: 12/12/2019 ❤️📬

N400:

Submitted: 03/06/2020

Filed: Other Timeline
On 10/9/2020 at 10:34 AM, bec128 said:

Update: My wife got a call from the Albany office. The officer told us that because we no longer live in their US District Court area, her file will need to be transferred in order to attend the oath ceremony. So they're sending it to Syracuse, where I guess we'll have to wait for an oath ceremony. So close yet so far! At least she won't have to attend the interview again.

Sorry, my wife has a terrible memory lol. It was everything she could do to learn the 100 questions from the study guide. My understanding is that the questions are randomized, so you'll just need to basically memorize all of those questions. Using the USCIS app helped a lot.

We memorized the questions more than a year ago... but I have seen two separates times where they went outside the study guide.  I just wanted to see how often that happens. Thanks for your input though

13 hours ago, USAjune2016 said:

Congrats! Lawfully  just Ping all case status On the egov website and notify you when it’s updated. In my case egov also was updated first

pls , what is egov website?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
8 hours ago, MMarco said:

pls , what is egov website?

@MMarco egov website is the regular uscis website where you normally put in your receipt# to check your case status.

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

1 hour ago, Pete20155 said:

@MMarco egov website is the regular uscis website where you normally put in your receipt# to check your case status.

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

thanks, I wasn't know you call it EGOV :)

I got my letter for an interview in mid-Nov. Yay!

What all documents do you need for you interview? My case is through marriage. Do I need to bring my spouse?

I am in the San Jose office. 

What are next steps after the interview?

How long does it take to get the oath ceremony scheduled? And when is the passport mailed after that?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
On 10/14/2020 at 12:27 AM, hammond said:

I got my letter for an interview in mid-Nov. Yay!

What all documents do you need for you interview? My case is through marriage. Do I need to bring my spouse?

I am in the San Jose office. 

What are next steps after the interview?

How long does it take to get the oath ceremony scheduled? And when is the passport mailed after that?

@hammond Congratulations !!

Take all the documents mentioned in the interview letter, plus anything you feel may be important (eg: old passport, current passport, current year joint federal income taxes etc;) Carrying more documents is always beneficial than carrying less. Also don't forget to carry your face mask.😷

In the interview letter they will mention who you are allowed to bring along with you, due to COVID-19 they aren't allowing to bring families. At least in my state Virginia and I am sure other states are following similar precautionary measures.

Next steps after Interview is Oath Ceremony, after which you will be handed your Naturalization Certificate. Oath Ceremony can be scheduled anywhere between couple days or a few weeks after the N400 interview ..it varies case to case and state to state.

They will not be mailing your passport, You will need to apply for your passport afterwards , you can do that at your local USPS, please follow the link for the steps (First Time Passports):
https://www.usps.com/international/passports.htm#firsttime

Best Wishes for your Interview !!!👍

Edited by Pete20155

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

I've been following the tracker and it looks like most of us have received interview dates already. Should I be worried that I haven't? Are things still backed up? We filed on 11/6/2019.

06.27.12: Mailed out I-130 IR1 for husband

07.02.12: NOA1
03.08.13: NOA2
05.10.13: Case complete

07.10.13: Interview - AP

12.05.13: AP completed

12.17.13: Visa in hand

02.02.14: POE - NYC

04.04.14: Greencard in hand

11.06.19: Mailed out N-400

12.03.19: Biometrics

01.21.21: Citizenship Interview

--

06.01.18: F2A filed for brothers ages 20, 19 and 16

03.26.20: Petition approved ages 21, 20 and 17

04.24.21: DQ - awaiting interview ages 22, 21 and 18

1 hour ago, ainsn said:

I've been following the tracker and it looks like most of us have received interview dates already. Should I be worried that I haven't? Are things still backed up? We filed on 11/6/2019.

My family in SF haven’t, then again it was taking a year or more here even before the pandemic.

1 hour ago, ainsn said:

I’m not overtly worried but a little concerned. Closed to a year for me too and I’m not even in a  large immigrant population city. 

On 10/9/2020 at 11:34 AM, MMarco said:

Hi All, Need advice pls 
I'm SF too 

N400 Nov2019 + pending I751 Nov2018 both transferred to the NBC

USCIS advice that my N400  is ready to be scheduled for interview since 01/12/2020 ( But NO UPDATE AS OF NOW)

today my estimated time 9days 

as per congressman, ombudsman and USCIS CS both N400& I751will be adjudicated at the same time of N400 interview 

***However, the A-File is still physically located at the NBC.  NBC didn't send the A-file to San Francisco field office yet.

As I understand that the field office cannot schedule my N-400 interview if they didn't have the physical A-file in San Francisco field office.
My question is:-
Is it right that the field office cannot schedule the N-400 and I751 interview if they didn't receive the A-file from NBC? and why NBC office keep my file and didn't send it back to San Francisco field office if they done with reviewing at NBC?

Your profile says San Jose? San Jose is a different FO to SF. 

(Sorry, I don’t know the answer to your question, just wanted to point that out.)

Edited by SusieQQQ

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.