Bebe1

N-400 November 2019 Filers

1,428 posts in this topic

@Pete20155 Keeping my fingers crossed for your speedy approval! Did you get your GC through employer by chance? I read online that there was a new law where there was more scrutiny around employment history in those cases. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
1 minute ago, lesly87 said:

@Pete20155 Keeping my fingers crossed for your speedy approval! Did you get your GC through employer by chance? I read online that there was a new law where there was more scrutiny around employment history in those cases. 

Thank you @lesly87 No my green card was marriage based. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Update for others who filed from CA (we are in SF)- just checked and it said my husband's estimated wait time is 13 days!!? Does anyone know what that means exactly? We haven't heard anything, just says the case is being actively reviewed (since last december heh...). Thank you!

USCIS Stage: California Service Center

Apr 11, 2013 - Filed I-130

Apr 16, 2013 - NOA-1

Oct 22, 2013 - Change of Address

Nov 19, 2013 - Case transferred to CA Service Center

Dec 10, 2013 - NOA-2

NVC Stage

Jan 28, 2014- NVC Case Number Recieved

Jan 28, 2014- AOS Fee Invoiced/ paid

Jan 29, 2014- DS-261 Submitted

Jan 30, 3014- AOS Fee showed 'PAID' and Cover sheet was emailed to me

Feb 1, 2014- AOS Package Sent

Feb 3, 2014- AOS Package received by NVC

Feb 3, 2014- Registration of agent email sent to me

Feb 4, 2014- IV Processing Fee invoiced/ paid

Feb 6, 2014- IV Processing Fee showed 'PAID'

Feb 8, 2014- DS-260 Submitted

Feb 10, 2014- IV Package sent

Feb 14, 2014- IV Package received by NVC

Feb 26, 2014- False checklist for IV Package received

Mar 6, 2014- NVC case complete

Mar 12, 2014- Interview appointment letter received

Mar 25, 2014- Medical exam

Apr 28, 2014- Interview!!!

So I I’m finished gathering all the information I think I will need for my interview and I guess it’s now time to start studying 

2 hours ago, Madge6690 said:

Update for others who filed from CA (we are in SF)- just checked and it said my husband's estimated wait time is 13 days!!? Does anyone know what that means exactly? We haven't heard anything, just says the case is being actively reviewed (since last december heh...). Thank you!

I am from SF too. I checked mine and it says 19 more days for estimated time. I don’t know either what that means. I hope everything will be perfectly fine for the interview follow by the oath ceremony afterwards. 

9 hours ago, AraBel said:

I am from SF too. I checked mine and it says 19 more days for estimated time. I don’t know either what that means. I hope everything will be perfectly fine for the interview follow by the oath ceremony afterwards. 

SF guys, I wouldn’t get too excited. My husband filed in October 2019 and after an actual number of “days” a while back under estimated time it now says “ We are taking longer than expected to process your case. You do not need to do anything at this time.“ Hopefully it won’t be too much longer though.

Timeline
17 hours ago, kenzo_gal said:

Yesterday, I took an Oath of Allegiance to the United States of America. It was a mixed of emotions since I am happy that after migrating here for five years, eight months and five days, I am finally done with the immigration process and at the same time, it was with a heavy heart to renounce my citizenship to my Mother Land. I will always love my country of birth and origin no matter what, and will always continue and raise my children with the Filipino values and morals that were taught and passed down to me by my parents, but I also love to live and fulfill my American dream in God's time.

The ceremony could've been better with my family around, but due to the present pandemic, I had to attend and took an oath all by myself. But on the lighter note, I am finally done and I am so over the moon. To God be the Glory!! 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

Thank you all for sharing your inputs, your own experiences and for your positivity. I wish everyone the best. 🥰

Congratulations again ...happy for you !!👍

21 hours ago, Pete20155 said:

Congratulations again ...happy for you !!👍

Thank you @Pete20155 

I have read the same response like yours before and some of them got a decision after a few days or weeks. Hopefully, you'll hear from them as soon as possible. God bless.

I don't know what happened with our spreadsheet but only a few names were left on it and even mine was gone. Anyways, I have entered mine again and hope you don't mind that I have arranged it in chronological order. Please feel free to make an update or add yours if you haven't already. 🥰

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13PozuhhH6LKgrz-OiJfdFa73WLmygUQeqW3bERg8Cuk/edit#gid=0

Filed: Other Timeline
5 hours ago, kenzo_gal said:

I don't know what happened with our spreadsheet but only a few names were left on it and even mine was gone. Anyways, I have entered mine again and hope you don't mind that I have arranged it in chronological order. Please feel free to make an update or add yours if you haven't already. 🥰

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13PozuhhH6LKgrz-OiJfdFa73WLmygUQeqW3bERg8Cuk/edit#gid=0

Congratulations!  Glad you made it :) 

Filed: Other Timeline
On 10/7/2020 at 3:33 PM, bec128 said:

My wife was approved at her interview today at the Albany NY office.

We received the notice on Sept 5 -- the only reason I saw it is because I logged in to the website to update our address, because we moved that weekend! I was afraid it would mess with our case since we now live in the Buffalo office's territory, but we didn't receive any further communication from USCIS about it and they didn't seem to have an issue with it at the interview. My wife said the only hiccup was on the civics test, the officer asked her who her Congressman is, and she had memorized the name of the one for here, not the previous one. I guess the officer has a list of all the congressmen for the areas they serve, and ours wasn't on it! Oh well, she still passed the interview.

She asked about a same day oath. Albany doesn't do that, but they basically let her pick her oath date and gave her the notice right then. We'll be going back next Friday for her "drive-thru" ceremony!

Congratulations for passing the interview.  Do you mind sharing with me the civics questions as well as the reading/writing sentences?  Thank you!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Update: My wife got a call from the Albany office. The officer told us that because we no longer live in their US District Court area, her file will need to be transferred in order to attend the oath ceremony. So they're sending it to Syracuse, where I guess we'll have to wait for an oath ceremony. So close yet so far! At least she won't have to attend the interview again.

12 hours ago, aa1979 said:

Congratulations for passing the interview.  Do you mind sharing with me the civics questions as well as the reading/writing sentences?  Thank you!

Sorry, my wife has a terrible memory lol. It was everything she could do to learn the 100 questions from the study guide. My understanding is that the questions are randomized, so you'll just need to basically memorize all of those questions. Using the USCIS app helped a lot.

September 2014 - Met

October 2014 - Started dating

May 2015 - Engaged!

July 18, 2015 - Mailed I-129F petition

July 21, 2015 - Received by USCIS lockbox

July 23, 2015 - Email/Text notification, NOA1 Notice Date - July 27, 2015 - Hardcopy NOA1

August 6, 2015 - NOA2, I-129F petition approved!

August 7, 2015 - Email notification of approval

August 12, 2015 - Hardcopy NOA2

September 3, 2015 - Case # received from NVC, case sent to Montreal

September 15, 2015 - CEAC status updated

September 15, 2015 3:41 PM - Packet 3 sent to consulate pre-emptively

September 15, 2015 3:51 PM - Packet 4 received! Interview scheduled!

November 23, 2015 - Interview - APPROVED!!

November 30, 2015 - CEAC status updated to Issued

December 3, 2015 - Ready for Pickup at Post Office

December 9, 2015 - Visa in hand!

January 10, 2016 - POE - Peace Bridge, Buffalo NY

January 23, 2016 - MARRIED! durring a blizzard in Brooklyn :)

February 5, 2016 - Mailed AOS/AP/EAD applications

Spoiler

February 15, 2016 - NOA1 texts/emails received - February 25, 2016 - NOA1 hardcopies (Notice Date: Feb 11)

March 9, 2016 - Biometrics

April 18, 2016 - EAD/AP Approved

July 15, 2016 - I-485 Approved! No interview

July 29, 2016 - Green card received in mail - Done with USCIS for 1 year 9 months!

April 25, 2018 - Mailed I-751 Removal of Conditions

Spoiler

May 18, 2018 - Received NOA1/12mo GC extension

June 20, 2018 - Biometrics

August 6, 2018 - Received 18mo GC extension

April 29, 2019 - Text notification "Card is in production"

May 2, 2019 - "We mailed your new card"

May 6, 2019 - 10 year GC received!

November 1, 2019 - N-400 filed online

October 23, 2020 - Oath Ceremony. Our journey is done after 5 years, 3 months and 5 days.

Timeline
19 hours ago, kenzo_gal said:

Thank you @Pete20155 

I have read the same response like yours before and some of them got a decision after a few days or weeks. Hopefully, you'll hear from them as soon as possible. God bless.

Well hoping to get the decision sooner. Where I had to wait for so long I don't mind waiting a couple more months, but anything longer than that will cause me anxiousness. Thank you. @kenzo_gal How did your Oath Ceremony go ? did you apply for your passport yet ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.