Bebe1

N-400 November 2019 Filers

1,428 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
On 8/24/2020 at 7:34 PM, trinadr said:

Unfortunately all the experiences I had read were combo interviews at the N-400 stage, not during the I-175. Could you point me in the direction of those who were offered the civics test during I-175? 

I did not copy any of the links... But I am referring to many stories on here Visajourney. When they have a combo interview, as soon as they finish the first part, they move into the exam for citizenship.  Either way, studying and being ready could not hurt you and hey, if they say no exam today, you say Ok and get an easier prep time for when you actually have your exam. It is history now, and it does not matter. Good luck on your exam when you have it scheduled.

On 8/28/2020 at 9:40 AM, Pete20155 said:

Good and Happy Morning ya'll.

Woke up this morning and saw email notification from USCIS which read We have taken an action on your case and it needs your attention . Please sign into your online account to view your case status. Logged in and yayyyy...status said ...Interview  scheduled.

I also checked the documents tab and it had  the PDF version of the Interview Notice.

Interview Date: October 1st 2020

Interview Time: 11.10 AM

I am super excited and will begin studying for my test, got a whole month to prepare.

Best of luck to all who are still waiting to hear on their status, I believe the things have started moving faster now as election dates nears.

451480852_N400interview.thumb.JPG.a95a362a530c042d0c358e16309a5198.JPG

Yay! So happy for you @Pete20155 🥰

I just checked on mine and the scheduled date is not yet reflected on my uscis.gov account. Might take a few more days to show up. I hope they also do same day oath taking in our area, right? Well that would be great if they do, that way you don't have to come back again given the pandemic.

Time to study 🥰. Much luck to all of our fellow November filers. ❤

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline
21 hours ago, south9 said:

Hi

Just curious if they gave you hard time  and what convinced them that your situation is an emergency.

Thanks

BTW my countdown went back to

"We are taking longer than expected to process your case. You do not need to do anything at this time." 
🙄

I got that same message ”taking longer than expected” 2 months ago then it updated and they added another 2 months to my waiting time and now it’s down to “27 days” estimated wait time. 

When I called I just got lucky I spoke to a very nice customer service representative and I told them my green card and my 18 month extension expired and that I needed to renew my driver’s license. She understood and sent my request to a scheduling queue. Then waited about 1 day and got a call back from a immigration officer and they verified some info (basic information) and then I was scheduled the earliest available Infopass appointment.

Edited by Venus201320

(I-751) Removal of Conditions Delivered: 11/30/2018
Notice of Action 18 month extension letter : 2/1/2019
1st Biometrics Letter: Received letter on 5/31/2019 that they will re-use my fingerprints.  

2nd Biometrics Letter: Received new letter on 10/25/2019 to do biometrics on Nov 4. :bonk:

(I-751) Transferred to NBC: 12/03/2019

(I-751) approved: 11/06/2020 😄

(N-400) Online Delivered: 11/30/2019

NOA Received : 11/30/2019

Biometrics Scheduled: 01/09/2020

Biometrics Walk-In: 12/30/2019

Interview: 11/06/2020 @ 12:00PM :joy:

N-400 approved: 11/06/2020 🇺🇸

Oath Ceremony: 11/06/2020  🇺🇸

US Passport/Card (expedited) applied: 11/10/2020

US Passport application delivered: 11/13/2020

US Passport: "In Process" as of 11/13/2020 email from DOS

US Passport Approved: 11/20/2020 🇺🇸

US Passport Delivered: 11/24/2020 :goofy:

US Passport Card Delivered: 11/25/2020

Naturalization Certificate Delivered: 11/27/2020

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
On 8/29/2020 at 12:44 PM, kenzo_gal said:

Yay! So happy for you @Pete20155 🥰

I just checked on mine and the scheduled date is not yet reflected on my uscis.gov account. Might take a few more days to show up. I hope they also do same day oath taking in our area, right? Well that would be great if they do, that way you don't have to come back again given the pandemic.

Time to study 🥰. Much luck to all of our fellow November filers. ❤

Hey @kenzo_gal thank you ! 🥰

Did you also check your residence mail box for the paper interview letter? As, today I checked my mail box and found the Interview letter mailed from USCIS. That was fast considering that my status was changed to approved only on Aug 28th.  I hope you get your interview date soon.

And yeah it would be awesome if they do same day oath ceremony, we would not need to wait further or go back again. 

Good luck studying for the civics test and keep us posted on your Interview Date!! :)👍

6 hours ago, Pete20155 said:

Did you also check your residence mail box for the paper interview letter? As, today I checked my mail box and found the Interview letter mailed from USCIS. That was fast considering that my status was changed to approved only on Aug 28th.  I hope you get your interview date soon.

And yeah it would be awesome if they do same day oath ceremony, we would not need to wait further or go back again. 

Good luck studying for the civics test and keep us posted on your Interview Date!! :)👍

Thanks @Pete20155

No, I haven't but I keep an eye on my USPS Informed Delivery on a daily basis. I will prolly check it tomorrow 🥰

Edited: Ooops I already have it in our mailbox today 🥰

Edited by kenzo_gal
Revision

11 hours ago, kenzo_gal said:

Edited: Ooops I already have it in our mailbox today 🥰

18 hours ago, Pete20155 said:

Good luck to both of you. Our interview days are close to each other so maybe they'll schedule us for the Oath on the same day?

N400

11.06.2019...........Application Submitted Online
11.16.2019............Receive Biometrics Letter in mail
11.29.2019............Biometrics done
08.17.2020............Interview Scheduled

09.21.2020............Interview, approved

09.22.2020............Oath Ceremony

On 9/1/2020 at 9:41 AM, Valor said:

Good luck to both of you. Our interview days are close to each other so maybe they'll schedule us for the Oath on the same day?

If they don't do the same day Oath Ceremony, there's a big possibility and I agree with you.

Just an update, my interview is scheduled on the end of September. It's a bit nerve wracking considering that it's exactly four weeks from today. Good luck to everyone especially my fellow DC filers @Pete20155 and @Valor. Just two more steps and we'll be done with  the immigration process. 🥰

Timeline
On 9/1/2020 at 9:41 AM, Valor said:

Thank you @Valor Good luck to you as well. Yes I feel that there is a high possibility we may all have the oath ceremony on the same day. Keeping fingers crossed for the interview. Hope your prep for the interview/civic test is going well! :)

Timeline
On 9/2/2020 at 11:37 AM, kenzo_gal said:

If they don't do the same day Oath Ceremony, there's a big possibility and I agree with you.

Just an update, my interview is scheduled on the end of September. It's a bit nerve wracking considering that it's exactly four weeks from today. Good luck to everyone especially my fellow DC filers @Pete20155 and @Valor. Just two more steps and we'll be done with  the immigration process. 🥰

@kenzo_gal First, that is awesome that you got your interview notice so now you don have to keep looking at the mail. Relieves the anxiety. :)
Next What date in end of September did you get and is your interview also in going to be in the Fairfax office?

Since both you and @Valor will have your interviews prior to mine, I will be eager to know how it went, what they asked etc. So please both of you keep us posted on your experience.

Good Luck and Best Wishes. We are almost there, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Super excited 😀🤗

On 8/29/2020 at 2:09 PM, Venus201320 said:

I got that same message ”taking longer than expected” 2 months ago then it updated and they added another 2 months to my waiting time and now it’s down to “27 days” estimated wait time. 

When I called I just got lucky I spoke to a very nice customer service representative and I told them my green card and my 18 month extension expired and that I needed to renew my driver’s license. She understood and sent my request to a scheduling queue. Then waited about 1 day and got a call back from a immigration officer and they verified some info (basic information) and then I was scheduled the earliest available Infopass appointment.

Glad to hear you got your appointment! Hope everything goes smoothly.

I don't have much hope  this process will end this year. Mine is stuck on "taking longer than expected".

02/09/16__NOA1

03/28/16__NOA2

3 hours ago, Pete20155 said:

Thank you @Valor Good luck to you as well. Yes I feel that there is a high possibility we may all have the oath ceremony on the same day. Keeping fingers crossed for the interview. Hope your prep for the interview/civic test is going well! :)

Thank you and good luck to you too! Looks like I'll be the first one to attend the interview among us three here and I'll report back on how it goes. 

N400

11.06.2019...........Application Submitted Online
11.16.2019............Receive Biometrics Letter in mail
11.29.2019............Biometrics done
08.17.2020............Interview Scheduled

09.21.2020............Interview, approved

09.22.2020............Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline
On 9/4/2020 at 4:03 PM, south9 said:

Glad to hear you got your appointment! Hope everything goes smoothly.

I don't have much hope  this process will end this year. Mine is stuck on "taking longer than expected".

What’s your timeline for N-400? I’m surprised that your wait time hasn’t updated? Mine’s was stuck on “taking longer than expected" for about 1 week and then it updated from completion time September 2020 to completion time December 2020 and estimated wait time 2 months (now 20 days).

Edited by Venus201320

(I-751) Removal of Conditions Delivered: 11/30/2018
Notice of Action 18 month extension letter : 2/1/2019
1st Biometrics Letter: Received letter on 5/31/2019 that they will re-use my fingerprints.  

2nd Biometrics Letter: Received new letter on 10/25/2019 to do biometrics on Nov 4. :bonk:

(I-751) Transferred to NBC: 12/03/2019

(I-751) approved: 11/06/2020 😄

(N-400) Online Delivered: 11/30/2019

NOA Received : 11/30/2019

Biometrics Scheduled: 01/09/2020

Biometrics Walk-In: 12/30/2019

Interview: 11/06/2020 @ 12:00PM :joy:

N-400 approved: 11/06/2020 🇺🇸

Oath Ceremony: 11/06/2020  🇺🇸

US Passport/Card (expedited) applied: 11/10/2020

US Passport application delivered: 11/13/2020

US Passport: "In Process" as of 11/13/2020 email from DOS

US Passport Approved: 11/20/2020 🇺🇸

US Passport Delivered: 11/24/2020 :goofy:

US Passport Card Delivered: 11/25/2020

Naturalization Certificate Delivered: 11/27/2020

21 hours ago, Venus201320 said:

What’s your timeline for N-400? I’m surprised that your wait time hasn’t updated? Mine’s was stuck on “taking longer than expected" for about 1 week and then it updated from completion time September 2020 to completion time December 2020 and estimated wait time 2 months (now 20 days).

My completion time was August 2020 initially now is November. It has updated: after being stuck on "taking longer than expected"  for a month, in July it started again to count down and again went to "taking longer than expected".  

Edited by south9

02/09/16__NOA1

03/28/16__NOA2

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Just got a notification that my interview has been scheduled but doesn't show a date yet.

It's displayed on the case status site but in my USCIS account, it still says taking longer to process blah blah.

Edited by MaleAlpha

~AOS : 09/11/2014 - 2 YR Green card received!.

~ROC 07/13/2017 - 10 YR Green card received!.

~N-400 : 10/28/2020 - N400 Interview & Approval/Oath Ceremony/US Citizen!

More Importantly, I am a proud Anti-Fascist!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Finally received interview letter and I'm scheduled for October 28th (12.30 PM). I was surprised to see Portland was scheduling interview dates that were about 7-8 weeks out! Seems like they have a lot on their plate.

~AOS : 09/11/2014 - 2 YR Green card received!.

~ROC 07/13/2017 - 10 YR Green card received!.

~N-400 : 10/28/2020 - N400 Interview & Approval/Oath Ceremony/US Citizen!

More Importantly, I am a proud Anti-Fascist!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.