Bebe1

N-400 November 2019 Filers

1,428 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Yesterday my husband received his interview date for January 21, 2021 in Manhattan, NY. Good luck to everyone with upcoming interviews!

06.27.12: Mailed out I-130 IR1 for husband

07.02.12: NOA1
03.08.13: NOA2
05.10.13: Case complete

07.10.13: Interview - AP

12.05.13: AP completed

12.17.13: Visa in hand

02.02.14: POE - NYC

04.04.14: Greencard in hand

11.06.19: Mailed out N-400

12.03.19: Biometrics

01.21.21: Citizenship Interview

--

06.01.18: F2A filed for brothers ages 20, 19 and 16

03.26.20: Petition approved ages 21, 20 and 17

04.24.21: DQ - awaiting interview ages 22, 21 and 18

Filed: Other Timeline
44 minutes ago, ainsn said:

Yesterday my husband received his interview date for January 21, 2021 in Manhattan, NY. Good luck to everyone with upcoming interviews!

Congratulations for your husband's interview news!  Were you following the estimated time for the next step on the website? And if yes, and if it was saying it is "taking longer than usual time" just like for many people, how long has been since they changed the count of months/days to "taking longer than usual" ?

Thanks

Edited by aa1979

10 hours ago, Pete20155 said:

Hello Everyone, 

2.5 months after my N400 Interview, Finally I received an email from USCIS stating there is an update on my case, I logged in and see that I have been placed in line for the oath ceremony. Yaaayyy !!!  Now it really feels like the Holidays are here 😀. There is no oath ceremony date provided yet (checked in documents tab as well) but hoping to see the oath Ceremony date soon. I am so relived that finally this journey is coming to an end.

I thank you all on this forum who helped me in this journey. Will keep you all posted on any further updates with regards to the oath ceremony.

Best Wishes to the folks who are still patiently waiting.  Happy Holidays & Season's Greetings to Everyone !!!🎉🎈🎊

Congratulations. Just wanted to to add that I don't think there was any malice from the officer regarding the name and the subsequent 2 month wait. Where I live in chicago, there is a large south asian community and I must know about 4 or 5 people named Puneet. My local liquor store is owned by someone with that name for example. Anyway glad it worked out in the end for you. Congrats to you again.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline
3 hours ago, aa1979 said:

Congratulations for your husband's interview news!  Were you following the estimated time for the next step on the website? And if yes, and if it was saying it is "taking longer than usual time" just like for many people, how long has been since they changed the count of months/days to "taking longer than usual" ?

Thanks

We were checking the status updates on USCIS's website but never saw a message that it is taking longer than usual. We kept seeing what we saw after the biometrics..."This case is currently being reviewed as of December 3, 2019". We still saw this message as recently as last week. 

06.27.12: Mailed out I-130 IR1 for husband

07.02.12: NOA1
03.08.13: NOA2
05.10.13: Case complete

07.10.13: Interview - AP

12.05.13: AP completed

12.17.13: Visa in hand

02.02.14: POE - NYC

04.04.14: Greencard in hand

11.06.19: Mailed out N-400

12.03.19: Biometrics

01.21.21: Citizenship Interview

--

06.01.18: F2A filed for brothers ages 20, 19 and 16

03.26.20: Petition approved ages 21, 20 and 17

04.24.21: DQ - awaiting interview ages 22, 21 and 18

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
32 minutes ago, Zkot4ov said:

Congratulations. Just wanted to to add that I don't think there was any malice from the officer regarding the name and the subsequent 2 month wait. Where I live in chicago, there is a large south asian community and I must know about 4 or 5 people named Puneet. My local liquor store is owned by someone with that name for example. Anyway glad it worked out in the end for you. Congrats to you again.

Thank you so much. !! I am pretty sure that the officer did not have any malice, he obviously had his reasons that he forwarded my case file for quality review. I was only worried that the two months wait could easily become a 6 months or a year wait. Glad it wasn't the case.
😀

5 hours ago, ainsn said:

We were checking the status updates on USCIS's website but never saw a message that it is taking longer than usual. We kept seeing what we saw after the biometrics..."This case is currently being reviewed as of December 3, 2019". We still saw this message as recently as last week. 

There are usually two time estimates. One for the whole process on top and usually it will tell you how many months it takes in their estimation to finish the whole process. The other estimate is at the bottom and it will say on their how many months (and it will count down the days when it is less than a month) before they are estimating a response to you. The number of days for many people keeps counting down until it will say "taking longer than usual".  That's the message I am speaking of.  I wanted to see how long it took them from the time that message appeared until they invited you for an interview.  It looks like that you were not following that count down of months/days. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
3 hours ago, aa1979 said:

There are usually two time estimates. One for the whole process on top and usually it will tell you how many months it takes in their estimation to finish the whole process. The other estimate is at the bottom and it will say on their how many months (and it will count down the days when it is less than a month) before they are estimating a response to you. The number of days for many people keeps counting down until it will say "taking longer than usual".  That's the message I am speaking of.  I wanted to see how long it took them from the time that message appeared until they invited you for an interview.  It looks like that you were not following that count down of months/days. 

just like you are paying attention to case estimation i was doing the same in the end i got to my personal conclusion that it is garbage (well could be becoz of covid). The real estimate which i figured was when people who applied before me started getting interviews meaning december 2019. As soon as January started getting scheduled i had my estimate of around december 15th 2020 that i will be scheduled but uscis scheduled before that December 8th. Knock on wood. You have to follow people in the same field office which applied before you. 

At the same time there are people who have applied in April 2019 and still waiting in my field office. They are outside processing time and whenever they call uscis gives them the answer pending review. Yes they are waiting to be scheduled since April 2019, even though priority date is june 2019.

Edited by Fahad86

4 hours ago, Fahad86 said:

just like you are paying attention to case estimation i was doing the same in the end i got to my personal conclusion that it is garbage (well could be becoz of covid). The real estimate which i figured was when people who applied before me started getting interviews meaning december 2019. As soon as January started getting scheduled i had my estimate of around december 15th 2020 that i will be scheduled but uscis scheduled before that December 8th. Knock on wood. You have to follow people in the same field office which applied before you. 

At the same time there are people who have applied in April 2019 and still waiting in my field office. They are outside processing time and whenever they call uscis gives them the answer pending review. Yes they are waiting to be scheduled since April 2019, even though priority date is june 2019.

Thank you!  I wish my city was as big as chicago where you would have so many applicants on this website. Not too many people are on here at least, but I agree, the best way is to follow people from your own field office. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Just came back from our combo interview (Los Angeles) and my wife was given a verbal approval but received a decision has not been made yet letter from the immigration officer because of the pending i751(ROC) in their system. So now we await the oath ceremony which IO said before end of the year or as soon as Wednesday. She was told they're trying to get as much people for oath ceremony before the years end. From my observations the waiting room is fairly full about 75-80% of the time of the 3 hours we were there. Best wishes for all those who are still waiting, be patient and your time will come. Merry Christmas and happy holidays to you all

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline
On 6/26/2020 at 7:00 PM, Comic said:

Hey Im also in the Hartford office. Im waiting for my N400 interview as well. I applied in November and did walk in biometrics in December. My original completion date has stayed the same, it is August 2020, my estimated wait time is now at 10 days. I been waiting for an update to my case also. Hopefully we can both hear some thing very soon. Do you know if they are doing aoth ceremonies?

Hello I’ve found very few VJ members with Hartford as the location- I’m wondering if you had your interview yet? We filed in February 2020 and status says they are taking longer than expected... On,y 2 people on VJ updated their timeline to reflect an interview in Hartford in 2020 so it’s pretty hard to get an estimate of when we may hear something.

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

5 minutes ago, Luckycuds said:

Hello I’ve found very few VJ members with Hartford as the location- I’m wondering if you had your interview yet? We filed in February 2020 and status says they are taking longer than expected... On,y 2 people on VJ updated their timeline to reflect an interview in Hartford in 2020 so it’s pretty hard to get an estimate of when we may hear something.

FYI processing times for N400 for Hartford is currently listed as 12-14.5 months. Hopefully it won’t be too much longer for you.

My estimated completion time is 8 month (Sep 2021) and estimated wait time is 5 month. I am planning to go to my birth country in April after several years and stay there for around 3 months. How can I get an idea, if I would hear from USCIS before April as the next step which I suppose is biometric reuse or appointment? Can I raise a SR after 90 days to trigger them to have a look at my file and hopefully decide about the biometirc? How would be better to plan this travel to not interfere with my application? Any suggestion and comment, appreciated.

Timeline
15 minutes ago, AlexUSA said:

My estimated completion time is 8 month (Sep 2021) and estimated wait time is 5 month. I am planning to go to my birth country in April after several years and stay there for around 3 months. How can I get an idea, if I would hear from USCIS before April as the next step which I suppose is biometric reuse or appointment? Can I raise a SR after 90 days to trigger them to have a look at my file and hopefully decide about the biometirc? How would be better to plan this travel to not interfere with my application? Any suggestion and comment, appreciated.

you havent got your biometrics yet?

Timeline

An update on our case, as apparently we missed our oath ceremony at no fault of our own. When the interviewing officer said theyre trying to schedule as many ceremony as they could before the years end, they weren't kidding. 

12/21 - I751 & N400 combo interview complete and verbally approved, were told ceremony before end of the year or as little as 2 days later.

12/23 - Online status says oath ceremony was scheduled

12/24-12/28 - Checking if oath ceremony letter was uploaded to account

12/29 - Randomly checked online status and said we missed our ceremony. Checked account and letter was uploaded and finally appeared, ceremony was scheduled for 12/28

12/31 - Oath ceremony letter arrives

My wife was upset as she wanted to get started on her passport asap. Such bad timing to send out letters a day before christmas eve follow by christmas day, 1 work day and a sunday. Not to mention the amount of mail the post office is still catching up on. So we're gonna be part of the 2021 ceremonies as they've already rescheduled us. Pulled into the station at end of the line just waiting to get off the train.  Good luck to those still processing, your time will come!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.