GwenM

K1 Filers —Oct/Nov NOA2 —> NVC and beyond Montreal

263 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Patience4 said:

Hi everyone and congrats on so much progress!

My first post here. I really wish I found this forum sooner, so much needed information. My fiance and I are in the final stretch of the K-1 where we have the P3 from the Montreal Consulate and are trying to collect documents for it (we didn't know exactly what they needed until we received it last week, but you guy have the cheat-sheets haha)

I'm going through the list and some of the 'required documents' are somewhat confusing, if anyone could shine light for me.

Is everything they list required when it's something not applicable?

For example do we need to make statements regarding each one?

Specifically: Canadian Immigration docs, Military Records, Court Records, Certified Translation of Civil Docs., Marriage Certificates, and Death/Divorce Certificates are what I'm referring to. We can't make heads or tails what to do for these, if anything.

I'd appreciate any insight! You guys are great.

Packet3Instructions-K1.pdf 441.62 kB · 0 downloads

If it's not applicable to your situation, then to my knowledge, it's not required. The statements regarding each other (intention to marry, I think is what you are referring to) is required, and I believe would have also been submitted for the i129f. At least, we sent one then.

By and large, make sure you get the RIGHT Crim check. Seems to be a common mistake (points finger at self.) Must be finger printed and under the Privacy Act, no Visa/ Border crossing.

Timeline
14 hours ago, Patience4 said:

My first post here. I really wish I found this forum sooner, so much needed information. My fiance and I are in the final stretch of the K-1 where we have the P3 from the Montreal Consulate and are trying to collect documents for it (we didn't know exactly what they needed until we received it last week, but you guy have the cheat-sheets haha)

I'm going through the list and some of the 'required documents' are somewhat confusing, if anyone could shine light for me.

Specifically: Canadian Immigration docs, Military Records, Court Records, Certified Translation of Civil Docs., Marriage Certificates, and Death/Divorce Certificates are what I'm referring to. We can't make heads or tails what to do for these, if anything.

Hi Patience4, Welcome!!!

As for the documents listed on the P3 letter, you only need to obtain the ones that pertain to you and your situation.

Take at look at this page and see if it helps to answer some of your questions. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/MTL-Montreal.html#pre_interview_checklist

Morning Everyone!

Has anyone received any news today? 

4 minutes ago, Forrest Fire said:

Hi Patience4, Welcome!!!

As for the documents listed on the P3 letter, you only need to obtain the ones that pertain to you and your situation.

Take at look at this page and see if it helps to answer some of your questions. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/MTL-Montreal.html#pre_interview_checklist

Morning Everyone!

Has anyone received any news today? 

Thank you for the welcome :)

This is exactly what I was looking for! You're awesome.

Timeline
Just now, Patience4 said:

Thank you for the welcome :)

This is exactly what I was looking for! You're awesome.

Anytime! As they say..."sharing is caring"! 

We are all in unfamiliar territory and we've got to stick together! 

17 hours ago, Patience4 said:

Get your criminal record check soon! It requires 2 weeks, also look into your immunization records and anyones you might need updates on. You need this for the medical? Which province are you in? I'm in AB and had to call AB health to get my records and I went in to get updated on my immunizations, which was free with AB health care. 

Also, you letter of intent needs to be recent so 30 days old, bring a new on to your interview! This is very important, along with affidavit of support and your fiances financial documents. 

Your birth certificate should also be the long form or atleast have your parents names on it. I had to get mine updated because mine did not have my parents names on it, even though the USCIS accepted it, I heard the won't at the interview. 

The other stuff I put N/A when I filled out my checklist.

Good luck! When did the NVC receive your documents just curious? 

18 minutes ago, aml16 said:

Get your criminal record check soon! It requires 2 weeks, also look into your immunization records and anyones you might need updates on. You need this for the medical? Which province are you in? I'm in AB and had to call AB health to get my records and I went in to get updated on my immunizations, which was free with AB health care. 

Also, you letter of intent needs to be recent so 30 days old, bring a new on to your interview! This is very important, along with affidavit of support and your fiances financial documents. 

Your birth certificate should also be the long form or atleast have your parents names on it. I had to get mine updated because mine did not have my parents names on it, even though the USCIS accepted it, I heard the won't at the interview. 

The other stuff I put N/A when I filled out my checklist.

Good luck! When did the NVC receive your documents just curious? 

The NVC recieved our approved case on Dec. 23rd, 2019. It was a nice early christmas present. She's from Ontario, we tried to get it done in Toronto but it got sent to Montreal instead, called in about it and they said there isn't an embassy in Toronto (weird cause google says otherwise).

Thanks for the extra info, we're starting the police report stuff today and looks like immunizations will take 7 buisiness days.

Also wow the birth certifcate thing we totally would've got caught on, thank you so much!

24 minutes ago, Patience4 said:

The NVC recieved our approved case on Dec. 23rd, 2019. It was a nice early christmas present. She's from Ontario, we tried to get it done in Toronto but it got sent to Montreal instead, called in about it and they said there isn't an embassy in Toronto (weird cause google says otherwise).

Thanks for the extra info, we're starting the police report stuff today and looks like immunizations will take 7 buisiness days.

Also wow the birth certifcate thing we totally would've got caught on, thank you so much!

There are other embassies but Montreal is the only one that does k-1 visas! I tried to travel to Calgary lol but have to go to Montreal as well which is so far for me.

No problem! It’s a lot and so crazy that they don’t really guide you in it all, so it’s helpful to have these forums. 

Good luck!

Timeline
9 minutes ago, GwenM said:

My fiancé was given a 221g today, but the officer said that once he submits his passport (he is an asylum claimant so the Canadian government has his passport) he’s APPROVED!!! It’s been quite the ride and I wish everyone luck and patience!

Congrats! I hope the turn around to having a visa in hand is quick! 

1 hour ago, Forrest Fire said:

Congrats! I hope the turn around to having a visa in hand is quick! 

"Thank you for this inquiry.

Please be advised that you are not eligible at this time to schedule an appointment until you receive instructions from the visa unit to do so."

I sent in Packet 3 and this is the response I got, has anyone received an email like this?

Timeline

Finally got my P4! I can book my interview! 

@aml16, I'm long overdue, though. You might just need to wait for one more CEAC 'ready' message. When did the consulate get your case?

17 minutes ago, From the Brook said:

@aml16, I'm long overdue, though. You might just need to wait for one more CEAC 'ready' message. When did the consulate get your case?

What does the second ready show? Mine already says I can book my interview. Says case created January 9th. 

Congrats on your P4!! 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, aml16 said:

What does the second ready show? Mine already says I can book my interview. Says case created January 9th. 

Congrats on your P4!! 

You're probably a little early. I had my first ready on Jan 9th (case created Oct 8th), and then the date on the ready changed to Jan 22nd. So maybe, 10 ish days after the current ready date, it'll change, then try to resend your P3 then.

20 minutes ago, From the Brook said:

You're probably a little early. I had my first ready on Jan 9th (case created Oct 8th), and then the date on the ready changed to Jan 22nd. So maybe, 10 ish days after the current ready date, it'll change, then try to resend your P3 then.

Hmm, the date has changed since the first ready to Jan 30th which is today’s date and it says I can book my interview but of course they tell me otherwise and I haven’t received packet 3!

oh well, hopefully soon!

Timeline
1 hour ago, aml16 said:

"Thank you for this inquiry.

Please be advised that you are not eligible at this time to schedule an appointment until you receive instructions from the visa unit to do so."

I sent in Packet 3 and this is the response I got, has anyone received an email like this?

That is the exact email I received the day before I received my P4! Maybe that will be the same case for you. I have my fingers crossed for you!!! 

1 hour ago, From the Brook said:

OMG!!! I’m soooo happy for you! What date did you get??? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.