GwenM

K1 Filers —Oct/Nov NOA2 —> NVC and beyond Montreal

263 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, aml16 said:

Make sure to add your case number and put it in the heading. I put "URGENT" in one of mine and they responded fairly promptly.

Will do. I'm sure we put the case # in, but not the urgent.

Timeline
1 hour ago, From the Brook said:

OMG! I'm so excited for you, but also think I need to stop following this forum because I'm getting super depressed with how so many people MONTHS behind me are getting interviews and I've heard nothing. Like, I"m going to put my head through a wall soon. 

But seriously, so awesome for you. What was the interview availability like?

Something doesn’t seem right about your wait. I would recommend doing that DHL jack that I posted so you can see who signed for it in Montreal and then email them your P3 again and include the DHL info as proof that they have it

Timeline
Just now, Forrest Fire said:

Something doesn’t seem right about your wait. I would recommend doing that DHL jack that I posted so you can see who signed for it in Montreal and then email them your P3 again and include the DHL info as proof that they have it

I totally agree. I did the DHL hack (received Oct 30th) and have the name. Something went wrong somewhere, I guess. My CEAC does say ready, updates on Jan 9th and Jan 22nd (Case made OCT 9th!!!). If I don't hear back about any kind of packet by Friday I'll send another email. I'm trying to be so patient and follow the rules, but something isn't right. I'm wondering if there's just one case worker who's really behind...

Timeline
59 minutes ago, From the Brook said:

I totally agree. I did the DHL hack (received Oct 30th) and have the name. Something went wrong somewhere, I guess. My CEAC does say ready, updates on Jan 9th and Jan 22nd (Case made OCT 9th!!!). If I don't hear back about any kind of packet by Friday I'll send another email. I'm trying to be so patient and follow the rules, but something isn't right. I'm wondering if there's just one case worker who's really behind...

When was the last time your sent in your P3? 

1 hour ago, Forrest Fire said:

Did you send them the DHL as proof? I'm considering doing this, they have told me they are waiting to receive that packet in their office but it shows received last week on Thursday. 

Timeline
24 minutes ago, aml16 said:

Did you send them the DHL as proof? I'm considering doing this, they have told me they are waiting to receive that packet in their office but it shows received last week on Thursday. 

I didn't but then again, they never questioned me about receiving my petition. 

Timeline

@Forrest Fire I sent it again today. Got an email directing me to this website to check status: https://ais.usvisa-info.com/

Have you used it? It doesn't look official to me.

Timeline
Just now, aml16 said:

Did they send you packet 4? That is the website to book your interview! 

No, it's just an automated reply. "Thank you for you message to the IV Unit" with no info other than that link to check my status and that they'd respond when they could.

Timeline
10 minutes ago, From the Brook said:

@Forrest Fire I sent it again today. Got an email directing me to this website to check status: https://ais.usvisa-info.com/

Have you used it? It doesn't look official to me.

I have received that email as well and its just a generic auto response to let you know that they have received your request. They will email you again with a more specific generic response in a day or two. Hang tight until you get that response and with any luck, it will be good news! 

Hi everyone and congrats on so much progress!

My first post here. I really wish I found this forum sooner, so much needed information. My fiance and I are in the final stretch of the K-1 where we have the P3 from the Montreal Consulate and are trying to collect documents for it (we didn't know exactly what they needed until we received it last week, but you guy have the cheat-sheets haha)

I'm going through the list and some of the 'required documents' are somewhat confusing, if anyone could shine light for me.

Is everything they list required when it's something not applicable?

For example do we need to make statements regarding each one?

Specifically: Canadian Immigration docs, Military Records, Court Records, Certified Translation of Civil Docs., Marriage Certificates, and Death/Divorce Certificates are what I'm referring to. We can't make heads or tails what to do for these, if anything.

I'd appreciate any insight! You guys are great.

Packet3Instructions-K1.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.