Pame1224

PCS orders and waiting for removal of conditional residence

8 posts in this topic

I am currently living in the USA and my husband got overseas orders for February. I filed to remove the conditions on my permanent residence in June. I received a letter that extended my residency until March 2020. I am in his orders and plan on leaving with him in February. My question is what are my options. Will uscis be able to expedite my 10 year permanent residence card before we leave?  Can I and should I file for naturalization before or when I am there? Any advice helps

Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, Pame1224 said:

I am currently living in the USA and my husband got overseas orders for February. I filed to remove the conditions on my permanent residence in June. I received a letter that extended my residency until March 2020. I am in his orders and plan on leaving with him in February. My question is what are my options. Will uscis be able to expedite my 10 year permanent residence card before we leave?  Can I and should I file for naturalization before or when I am there? Any advice helps

Thanks in advance!

Yes, you can go ahead and get your ROC expedited as long as you submit his orders. You must he on those orders

40 minutes ago, Pame1224 said:

Thanks, we’re still waiting for the hard orders with my name on them. 

Yeah we are as well. I am waiting on those so that I can file for passports for the family and expedited naturalization for my wife. How close are you to Naturalization?

16 hours ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Yeah we are as well. I am waiting on those so that I can file for passports for the family and expedited naturalization for my wife. How close are you to Naturalization?

I would be eligible to apply next September according to the 3 year rule, but I am ready to apply before then if possible. 

On 10/30/2019 at 9:54 AM, Pame1224 said:

I would be eligible to apply next September according to the 3 year rule

You can file up to 90 days before the 3 year anniversary: https://www.uscis.gov/forms/uscis-early-filing-calculator You'll complete the entire naturalization process abroad: https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-12-part-i-chapter-9

INA 319(e): https://uscode.house.gov/view.xhtml?req=granuleid:USC-prelim-title8-section1430&num=0&edition=prelim

(1) In the case of a person lawfully admitted for permanent residence in the United States who is the spouse of a member of the Armed Forces of the United States, is authorized to accompany such member and reside abroad with the member pursuant to the member's official orders, and is so accompanying and residing with the member in marital union, such residence and physical presence abroad shall be treated, for purposes of subsection (a) and section 1427(a) of this title, as residence and physical presence in-

(A) the United States; and

(B) any State or district of the Department of Homeland Security in the United States.

(2) Notwithstanding any other provision of law, a spouse described in paragraph (1) shall be eligible for naturalization proceedings overseas pursuant to section 1443a of this title.

Edited by HRQX

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.