Z616

Help please!

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello!. My fiance and I just scheduled his interview at USEM in Manila. When we got to the confirmation page it says DS-160 confirmation number. The thing is, he hasn't submitted his DS-160 yet. Is it normal to have a DS-160 confirmation number on the interview appointment confirmation page even if the DS-160 is not submitted yet? Or could it be because he did a DS-160 last year (march 2018) for a tourist visa, which was denied. He used the same profile. But the profile has been updated before setting up this interview. Is this a possible problem? If so, how do we correct it?. Thank you so much for any help you can provide. 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
42 minutes ago, Z616 said:

Hello!. My fiance and I just scheduled his interview at USEM in Manila. When we got to the confirmation page it says DS-160 confirmation number. The thing is, he hasn't submitted his DS-160 yet. Is it normal to have a DS-160 confirmation number on the interview appointment confirmation page even if the DS-160 is not submitted yet? Or could it be because he did a DS-160 last year (march 2018) for a tourist visa, which was denied. He used the same profile. But the profile has been updated before setting up this interview. Is this a possible problem? If so, how do we correct it?. Thank you so much for any help you can provide. 

Did you schedule the interview under the Immigrant Visa heading.   K-1 is processed as an Immigrant Visa

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Did you schedule the interview under the Immigrant Visa heading.   K-1 is processed as an Immigrant Visa

Yes. He used the same site/link from your website. 

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Z616 said:

Yes. He used the same site/link from your website. 

But did he choose Immigrant Visa from the drop down window ?

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
7 hours ago, Hank_ said:

But did he choose Immigrant Visa from the drop down window ?

Yes he did. Then he also chose fiance visa

Can he just do this once he submits his current DS-160? I know it says USEM Japan though. 

8D5D0BA5-67C0-4761-9F88-2AE1652DDF24.png

Timeline

So much of that sound like the non-immigrant visa scheduling .. which is why I asked.

The Immigrant visa unit (IVU) doesn't connect their appts to the DS-160 as that is a non-immigrant visa application.    It is not required to have the DS-160 completed for the IVU, but it has to be completed, so no issue getting it done as soon as possible, then upon completion print out the confirmation page to bring to the interview.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
1 hour ago, Hank_ said:

So much of that sound like the non-immigrant visa scheduling .. which is why I asked.

The Immigrant visa unit (IVU) doesn't connect their appts to the DS-160 as that is a non-immigrant visa application.    It is not required to have the DS-160 completed for the IVU, but it has to be completed, so no issue getting it done as soon as possible, then upon completion print out the confirmation page to bring to the interview.

So, I shouldn't stress too much about this situation? Just have my fiance submit the new DS-160 and make sure he brings the confirmation page to the interview? It won't be a problem that DS-160 confirmation number is different from the one in the appointment confirmation page? 

By the way, thank you so much Hank for your help. Your website has been very helpful during this entire K1 journey. I would still be waiting for an actual mail from NVC or a packet if it weren't for your website. 

Timeline
25 minutes ago, Z616 said:

So, I shouldn't stress too much about this situation? Just have my fiance submit the new DS-160 and make sure he brings the confirmation page to the interview? It won't be a problem that DS-160 confirmation number is different from the one in the appointment confirmation page? 

By the way, thank you so much Hank for your help. Your website has been very helpful during this entire K1 journey. I would still be waiting for an actual mail from NVC or a packet if it weren't for your website. 

Correct .. don't stress over the DS-160, complete a new one and bring the confirmation page to the interview.      No issue with the difference number on the appt confirmation

https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/the-interview/

Glad the website helps .. 

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
1 hour ago, Hank_ said:

Correct .. don't stress over the DS-160, complete a new one and bring the confirmation page to the interview.      No issue with the difference number on the appt confirmation

https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/the-interview/

Glad the website helps .. 

Thank you! I feel better knowing this. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.