FatzJD

Cenomar from Petitioner, K1 Visa

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My Fiance's interview is in 2days and we just found out that I also need a cenomar as I was born and raised in the Philippines. Its my mistake that I didn't check about it earlier on but we're on this situation already and there's nothing we could do. There's no way we could get one in a day. I know it would delay the process but would this affect him from getting approved on the interview? Anyone had the same situation before? Can the embassy request the cenomar to psa directly or I have to write an authorized letter so my fiance can get one for me?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
28 minutes ago, FatzJD said:

My Fiance's interview is in 2days and we just found out that I also need a cenomar as I was born and raised in the Philippines. Its my mistake that I didn't check about it earlier on but we're on this situation already and there's nothing we could do. There's no way we could get one in a day. I know it would delay the process but would this affect him from getting approved on the interview? Anyone had the same situation before? Can the embassy request the cenomar to psa directly or I have to write an authorized letter so my fiance can get one for me?

A required document will delay approval 

Embassy will not request

YMMV

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, FatzJD said:

If they are missing a document your fiancé will receive a 221(g) refusal. This can be overcome by providing the documents they request. Make sure if your finance does get the refusal that he know exactly what the document is and the procedure for sending it to the embassy

1 hour ago, FatzJD said:

My Fiance's interview is in 2days and we just found out that I also need a cenomar as I was born and raised in the Philippines.

When did you leave the Philippines? "For K1, F2A spouse, and CR1/IR1 petitions: If your petitioner was born in the Philippines and lived at least one (1) year in the Philippines after the age of 18 –A Certificate of No Marriage (CENOMAR) from the PSA valid within one (1) year from the date it was obtained." https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/MNL-Manila.html

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, FatzJD said:

If you are Manila area you can get it in one day at PSA Aseana.  When getting documents there we arrive about 7AM to put in our request, then walk around to the other side of the building and enter that area where we sit and wait for our name to be called.

If you can't get it in time, not a big deal, the embassy will issue a 221g to request the document, there will be instructions in the 221g email for sending the document by 2GO.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

1 hour ago, FatzJD said:

you are better of re-scheduling the interview! they requested from me, and now I have been in AP for more than 2 months.. do not risk it, re-schedule!

Jun 10, 2019 First Interview at US Embassy Manila, 07:40 AM resulted to refusal pending:

1. I-601 Waiver for Inadmissibility
2. 221G Document on Advisory on Marriage (send with Passport)
Jun 19, 2019 Sent 221G Document on Advisory on Marriage (send with Passport)
Jun 20, 2019 Courier delivery of 221G Document on Advisory on Marriage and Passport
Jun 21, 2019 Sent I-601 Waiver package to USCIS Nebraska Service Center
Jun 23, 2019 Courier confirmed delivery of I-601 Waiver
Jun 24, 2019 USCIS receipt of I-601 Waiver
Jun 25, 2019 US Embassy Manila receipt of 221G Document on Advisory on Marriage and Passport
Jul 3, 2019 Filed for USCIS expedite processing of I-601 Waiver
Jul 15, 2019 USCIS denied request for expedite of I-601 Waiver
Jul 25, 2019 Filed for NEW request for USCIS expedite processing of I-601 Waiver
Aug 9, 2019 USCIS approval of I-601 Waiver of Inadmissibility
Aug 9, 2019 US Embassy Manila receipt of notification from USCIS of Approved I-601 Waiver
Aug 14, 2019 CEAC status is Administrative Processing
Aug 19, 31, 2019 CEAC "Case Last Updated Date" change but status is the same
Sep 3, 4, 6, 11, 2019 CEAC "Case Last Updated Date" change but status is the same
Sep 12, 2019 Reached out to Cong. Napolitano
Sep 13, 2019 CEAC "Case Last Updated Date" change but status is the same
Sep 14, 2019 Received letter dated Sep 10. Your visa application is refused for Administrative Processing. You will be informed when processing is complete.
Sep 16, 2019 CEAC "Case Last Updated Date" change but status is the same
Sep 17, 2019 Cong. Napolitano forwarded response by Embassy dated Sep 16, XXXXX case is pending the completion of administrative processing in order to verify her qualifications for this visa.

Sep 17 & 30, 2019 CEAC "Case Last Updated Date" change but status is the same

Oct 7 & 8, 2019 CEAC "Case Last Updated Date" change but status is the same

Oct 11,17, 22, 2019 CEAC "Case Last Updated Date" change but status is the same

Oct 29, 2019 CEAC "Case Last Updated Date" change but status is the same

Timeline
2 hours ago, designguy said:

If they are missing a document your fiancé will receive a 221(g) refusal. This can be overcome by providing the documents they request. Make sure if your finance does get the refusal that he know exactly what the document is and the procedure for sending it to the embassy

Suppose that his interview went well, is there still a chance that we got approved but will be on AP for that reason of missing docs. Does it automatically going to be 221g refusal?

Timeline
2 hours ago, HRQX said:

When did you leave the Philippines? "For K1, F2A spouse, and CR1/IR1 petitions: If your petitioner was born in the Philippines and lived at least one (1) year in the Philippines after the age of 18 –A Certificate of No Marriage (CENOMAR) from the PSA valid within one (1) year from the date it was obtained." https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/MNL-Manila.html

Move to US at 15yrs old but I came back to finish college and I stayed in PH during those years. I guess I really have to submit a cenomar?

Timeline
2 hours ago, Hank_ said:

If you are Manila area you can get it in one day at PSA Aseana.  When getting documents there we arrive about 7AM to put in our request, then walk around to the other side of the building and enter that area where we sit and wait for our name to be called.

If you can't get it in time, not a big deal, the embassy will issue a 221g to request the document, there will be instructions in the 221g email for sending the document by 2GO.

That's the thing, I read online that only the owner or authorized rep can apply for a cenomar on my name. Given that Im not on PH I have to make a letter authorizing my fiance to apply one for me. I dont even know how that letter is supposed to look like. Should I just reschedule our interview?? We only have a day.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 minutes ago, FatzJD said:

Suppose that his interview went well, is there still a chance that we got approved but will be on AP for that reason of missing docs. Does it automatically going to be 221g refusal?

Automatically 

YMMV

Timeline
2 hours ago, DAWme said:

you are better of re-scheduling the interview! they requested from me, and now I have been in AP for more than 2 months.. do not risk it, re-schedule!

So you got the 221g refusal right after interview because of missing cenomar? Is it normal to be on AP that long?

2 minutes ago, FatzJD said:

So you got the 221g refusal right after interview because of missing cenomar? Is it normal to be on AP that long?

i could be in AP for other reasons that do not necessarily apply to you as I also have an approved i601 waiver. at interview, i was ineligible which requires a waiver and 221g for missing cenomar. as of 8/14/19 USEM have both my the 221g rfe for cenomar and my approved i601 waiver. until now my case is on AP.  i strongly suggest to reschedule your interview until you are absolutely sure you have everything with you, do not give them a reason to put you on AP.

Jun 10, 2019 First Interview at US Embassy Manila, 07:40 AM resulted to refusal pending:

Jun 20, 2019 Courier delivery of 221G Document on Advisory on Marriage and Passport
Jun 25, 2019 US Embassy Manila receipt of 221G Document on Advisory on Marriage and Passport
Jul 25, 2019 Filed for NEW request for USCIS expedite processing of I-601 Waiver
Aug 9, 2019 US Embassy Manila receipt of notification from USCIS of Approved I-601 Waiver
Sep 3, 4, 6, 11, 2019 CEAC "Case Last Updated Date" change but status is the same
Sep 14, 2019 Received letter dated Sep 10. Your visa application is refused for Administrative Processing. You will be informed when processing is complete.
Sep 17, 2019 Cong. Napolitano forwarded response by Embassy dated Sep 16, XXXXX case is pending the completion of administrative processing in order to verify her qualifications for this visa.

4 hours ago, Hank_ said:

If you are Manila area you can get it in one day at PSA Aseana. 

Is PSA Aseana still doing this, same day Cenomar?

Edited by DAWme

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, FatzJD said:

That's the thing, I read online that only the owner or authorized rep can apply for a cenomar on my name. Given that Im not on PH I have to make a letter authorizing my fiance to apply one for me. I dont even know how that letter is supposed to look like. Should I just reschedule our interview?? We only have a day.

Write something up sign it giving her authority to pickup your CENOMAR and email it to her.   l suggest to include a copy of a picture ID as well.

I would not reschedule ..    a missing document can cause a week or so delay  from when the embassy received the document.

Also the CENOMAR can be ordered online (Won't be as quick.. )    CENOMAR, Birth Certificate can be ordered online:  https://nsohelpline.ph

1 hour ago, FatzJD said:

No .. there are much bigger issues going on with that person.

3 minutes ago, DAWme said:

Is PSA Aseana still doing this, same day Cenomar?

As far as I know

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
3 hours ago, FatzJD said:

I suggest that your fiancée call the PSA Hotline: (02) 8461-0500.

They should be able to advise her on what to do and what do bring. I was at the PSA yesterday and they refused to release a document to an authorized representative because he was lacking the required documents.

She should also ask which PSA branches do a same-day CENOMAR.

https://nsohelpline.com/faq/request-a-certificate-that-belongs-to-another-person

Edited by Soon To Be Mrs. T

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.