Joe & Bretts

CEAC ready?

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

First off thank you all as Bretts & I would likely not have gotten as far as we have through this process as easily and painlessly thus far without VJ.  Most questions we have had we have found answers here here but now I have one I'm not finding (at least as of yet).  I emailed NVC requesting an update and received an email response (attached here) giving us our case number.  Last night I checked CEAC and it says ready (also attached) so our question is since everything else has been gathered and CEAC is ready and we have our case# can she do the medical at SLEC and schedule her interview or do we have to wait for a different letter from NVC to arrive?  Also curious but is it normal to have two case numbers (mnl########## 01 and an 02) when is just for her K1?  If we are best served waiting til a letter from NVC or she receives her packet from the US Embassy before we continue any further? 

Thank you

Joe

95958427_LI.jpg

123321123321_LI.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
53 minutes ago, Joe & Bretts said:

First off thank you all as Bretts & I would likely not have gotten as far as we have through this process as easily and painlessly thus far without VJ.  Most questions we have had we have found answers here here but now I have one I'm not finding (at least as of yet).  I emailed NVC requesting an update and received an email response (attached here) giving us our case number.  Last night I checked CEAC and it says ready (also attached) so our question is since everything else has been gathered and CEAC is ready and we have our case# can she do the medical at SLEC and schedule her interview or do we have to wait for a different letter from NVC to arrive?  Also curious but is it normal to have two case numbers (mnl########## 01 and an 02) when is just for her K1?  If we are best served waiting til a letter from NVC or she receives her packet from the US Embassy before we continue any further? 

Thank you

Joe

95958427_LI.jpg

123321123321_LI.jpg

That's the letter you will get, nothing more from NVC will follow.   USEM will send nothing.   If you choose to wait it will be a long time.  Time to rock and roll. 

YMMV

2 hours ago, payxibka said:

That's the letter you will get, nothing more from NVC will follow.   USEM will send nothing.   If you choose to wait it will be a long time.  Time to rock and roll. 

I had an expedite. Once it went Ready I had already scheduled the interview right away. No need to wait for a letter. There was a letter that we got via email it just stated to bring in the original docs uploaded to ceac a bunch of X's and 1 upload request. I forgot to take in account that they would want the CENOMAR Advisory of Marriages. CEAC was done at the time, and she did her interview a few hours ago, and brought the two originals. They kept one, and said not to worry about uploading. 

01/28/2019 - Mailed Express Mail USCIS Lockbox Phoenix

01/29/2019 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox
02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, JMPM said:

I had an expedite. Once it went Ready I had already scheduled the interview right away. No need to wait for a letter. There was a letter that we got via email it just stated to bring in the original docs uploaded to ceac a bunch of X's and 1 upload request. I forgot to take in account that they would want the CENOMAR Advisory of Marriages. CEAC was done at the time, and she did her interview a few hours ago, and brought the two originals. They kept one, and said not to worry about uploading. 

Your were spousal and OP is  fiancee visa.  Apples and oranges 

YMMV

2 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Your were spousal and OP is  fiancee visa.  Apples and oranges 

yes, but the same process of scheduling an appointment if a spousal visa is expedited you schedule your own appointment, and my understanding that K-1s schedule their own anyways. If it's ready.. go schedule it. 

edit:

otherwise as you did say.. wait and wait and wait for that letter or go for it. http://ustraveldocs.com/ph

Edited by JMPM

02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 hours ago, Joe & Bretts said:

Thank you

Joe

95958427_LI.jpg

123321123321_LI.jpg

Yes .. yes!!!

Your fiancee will need a copy of the NVC email as she need to print out two copies for SLEC.   The case status being READY means your case file is at the embassy ... it is ROCK n ROLL Time!!!

Here is a guide for the visa process in the Philippines    https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html

Medical   https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/medical---slec.html    No need to arrive early, in fact I suggest to arrive AFTER SLEC has been open for an hour or two at least

CFO   https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/cfo.html    Get CFO-GCP done as soon as possible

I only see one MNL# listed ...   

As the saying goes ... You are burning daylight!

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
4 hours ago, JMPM said:

yes, but the same process of scheduling an appointment if a spousal visa is expedited you schedule your own appointment, and my understanding that K-1s schedule their own anyways. If it's ready.. go schedule it. 

edit:

otherwise as you did say.. wait and wait and wait for that letter or go for it. http://ustraveldocs.com/ph

Not quite the same for scheduling an appt ... K-1 can schedule online, whereas expedite immigrant visa are to call only for scheduling.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

3 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Not quite the same for scheduling an appt ... K-1 can schedule online, whereas expedite immigrant visa are to call only for scheduling.

We didn't call Hank. I used only ustraveldocs. My wife did the interview less than 12 hours ago. 

I got the interview checklist a day after I scheduled my wife's appointment. Then again it coincidentally was also a day after it was transfered from Manila. 

And the only thing that surprised us that before I went to bed it went from ready to issued. 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, JMPM said:

We didn't call Hank. I used only ustraveldocs. My wife did the interview less than 12 hours ago. 

I got the interview checklist a day after I scheduled my wife's appointment. Then again it coincidentally was also a day after it was transfered from Manila. 

And the only thing that surprised us that before I went to bed it went from ready to issued. 

You were able to use the online scheduling?  Every instruction I have been told of, by those expediting, instructs them to call the embassy .. that is great to know, I truly appreciate the information.   Yes they do state the case file must be at the embassy before scheduling .. but that is true for the K-1 also.

Congrats on the quick ISSUED status.      ( I see that fairly often with the IR/CR-1 visa )

Thanks again for the info

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

1 minute ago, Hank_ said:

You were able to use the online scheduling?  Every instruction I have been told of, by those expediting, instructs them to call the embassy .. that is great to know, I truly appreciate the information.   Yes they do state the case file must be at the embassy before scheduling .. but that is true for the K-1 also.

Congrats on the quick ISSUED status.      ( I see that fairly often with the IR/CR-1 visa )

Thanks again for the info

You're welcome. I honestly thought you were supposed to use the website or call but I prefer to do things myself. 

I ll message you screenshots via direct message when I get home from work. That way it's documented for your website. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, JMPM said:

You're welcome. I honestly thought you were supposed to use the website or call but I prefer to do things myself. 

I ll message you screenshots via direct message when I get home from work. That way it's documented for your website. 

Thanks!  Truly appreciate.

I like the control of scheduling online also.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Great and thank you, I assumed is what we needed but wanted to be certain, we're just excited to finally be at this point and want to get scheduled as soon as possible. Again Thank you

Timeline
49 minutes ago, Joe & Bretts said:

Great and thank you, I assumed is what we needed but wanted to be certain, we're just excited to finally be at this point and want to get scheduled as soon as possible. Again Thank you

Yup, you are golden to get everything rolling!!  :thumbs:  

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

A post unrelated to this thread/forum has been removed.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.