homesick_american

My hair is wavy

29 posts in this topic

I really thought this was a 'Chanelle from Big Brother' thread when I read the title...

:lol:

And then in turn, you made me think of BB Helen (of "Helen and Paul" fame): "I love blinking, me!"

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

I would really like to use this thread to urge anyone thinking of having their lovely hair cut, and in most cases more than 10", to donate it to charity to help children who aren't lucky enough to have any hair, wavy or straight, due to long-term medical hair loss.

One charity I know of that does this in the US is Locks of Love http://www.locksoflove.org/ but I am sure there are more, and also in the UK.

Permanent Resident Since 01/03/2007

N-400 application mailed 3/20/17

Credit card charged 3/25/17

NOA 3/31/17

Filed: Timeline
I would really like to use this thread to urge anyone thinking of having their lovely hair cut, and in most cases more than 10", to donate it to charity to help children who aren't lucky enough to have any hair, wavy or straight, due to long-term medical hair loss.

One charity I know of that does this in the US is Locks of Love http://www.locksoflove.org/ but I am sure there are more, and also in the UK.

Mine ended up on the floor at Max Headroom in York. They took about 10" off, but not all in one go. :blush:

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Syria
Timeline

my sister had really straight hair until her thyroid started spazzing out on her then she got really curly. we thought she got a perm but nope...was a underactive thyroid.

Timeline

do they donate the wigs to the children or do they have to pay for them. after i found out a person who donates blood gives it freely but the hospital sells it to the other person and gets a profit from it...that pisses me off.

ive got about 24 inches of hair to donate as it is way down past my butt. but there are also rules to donating. u cant die it and no perms.

Edited by donnaal

my sister had really straight hair until her thyroid started spazzing out on her then she got really curly. we thought she got a perm but nope...was a underactive thyroid.

That's interesting, as i have an underactive thyroid as well. Never thought that could be more so the cause of my curly hair, instead of having surgery like i thought.

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

Timeline

That's interesting, as i have an underactive thyroid as well. Never thought that could be more so the cause of my curly hair, instead of having surgery like i thought.

thyroid problems cuz alot of different things to happen. a girl i work with lost her eyelashes. she only has a few on each eye that have grown back since she got on the medicine.

Filed: Timeline

do they donate the wigs to the children or do they have to pay for them. after i found out a person who donates blood gives it freely but the hospital sells it to the other person and gets a profit from it...that pisses me off.

ive got about 24 inches of hair to donate as it is way down past my butt. but there are also rules to donating. u cant die it and no perms.

You can donate dyed and permed hair. Not bleached tho. The wigs are given on a sliding scale based on need.

http://www.locksoflove.org/faq.html

When I had my surgery, I had waist-length hair. When they shaved my head, I donated it. I actually kept it for a couple of months because it was hard for me to come to terms with being bald & it really put a strain on my self-image, but when I found out about L-O-L, I knew immediately what had to be done.

If anyone here is going to majorly cut her hair & then donate it, be sure to have it tied in a ponytail and then cut off so that it remains tangle free & is not a ball of loose straggles.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I don't want wavy hair! :crying: :crying: :crying:

quit sticking your finger in wall sockets :D

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

I was going to say before... I don't think it was cutting my hair short that made it go curly/wavy - because it was right around that time that I found out I had a (massively) overactive thyroid gland. It's never been straight since!

'Go figure', as they say....!!

2005 - We met

2006 - Filed I-129F

2007 - K-1 issued, moved to US, completed AOS (a busy year, immigration-wise)

2009 - Conditions lifted

2010 - Will be naturalising. Buh-bye, USCIS! smile.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

My hair was a light brown color and straight when I was a child. But around the early teens, it changed to a dark brown and curly/wavy.

I lived with it until about 4 years ago when my hairdresser used a flat iron on it. It was a miracle in a box. Made my hair nice and straight and would remain that way until I got it wet again. I immediately bought one and now own two of them. They are Chi ceramic flat irons and I can not live with out mine. They are much more expensive than the cheap ones now available in Target, but they are soooooo worth it. Just make sure to coat your wet hair with a styling product like Biosilk then dry your hair to protect your hair from the high heat from the ceramic iron.

I love and highly recommend the Chi flat irons!

Lisa

.png

K-1

4/8/2006 - Met online (Lisa in Orlando, Spencer in London)

10/1/2006 - Met in person (Orlando, Key West, Georgia, St.Maarten, St. Thomas and Nassau 10/1-23/2006)

10/18/2006 - Got engaged (somewhere between St. Maarten and Florida)

10/23/2006 - Sent I-129F

10/30/2006 - TSC received I-129F

11/3/2006 - NOA1

11/8/2006 - Touched

11/18/2006 - I-129F was sent to CSC

1/14/2007 - Lisa goes to London & Tenerife to see Spence 1/14-28/2007

1/26/2007 - NOA2 approval!

1/28/2007 - Touched

2/14/2007 - Packet 3 arrived

2/21/2007 - Packet 3 sent

3/01/2007 - packet 4 arrived

3/14/2007 - Medical

3/28/2007 - Interview - APPROVED!

5/4/2007 - POE - Orlando, FL

5/18/2007 - Wedding Day!

5/21/2007 - Apply for SSN

5/29/2007 - Receive SSN in mail

6/27/2007 - Received FL Drivers License!

AOS

6/6/2007 - Mail in packet

6/13/2007 - Received in Chicago

7/20/2007 - Tfr to California

9/28/2007 - APPROVED!!!!!

EAD

6/28/2007 - Moved to MSC

9/4/2007 - Received the EAD in mail as a surprise!

AP

6/28/2007 - Moved to MSC

8/29/2007 - Received the AP

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.