shoji

K2 Philippines 2019 - From Interview to Visa on Hand

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I haven't seen any updated timeline threads on K2s this year . Can we start a thread here please. 

Visa Interview Date:

How many K2s:

Visa on Hand Date: 

We will have our interview soon and I think this will be a good reference for others with K2s. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
15 minutes ago, shoji said:

I haven't seen any updated timeline threads on K2s this year . Can we start a thread here please. 

Visa Interview Date:

How many K2s:

Visa on Hand Date: 

We will have our interview soon and I think this will be a good reference for others with K2s. 

K2s are wholly dependent on the k1 and do not run an independent path unless you are doing follow to join 

YMMV

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
1 hour ago, payxibka said:

K2s are wholly dependent on the k1 and do not run an independent path unless you are doing follow to join 

Agree, and additionally, IF someone wanted to track them, the K1 Progress Forum would likely be a better venue. 😎

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to the Regional forum, from K1 P&P - As the OP is looking for PI related K2 information~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 hours ago, shoji said:

Visa Interview Date:

How many K2s:

Visa on Hand Date: 

Are you a K-2 completing a Follow To Join?   Or a K-1 with a K-2 .. in which case both are processed at the same time.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
8 hours ago, payxibka said:

7 hours ago, Pitaya said:

Agree, and additionally, IF someone wanted to track them, the K1 Progress Forum would likely be a better venue. 😎

I am aware of this. But for visa issuance, K2s usually gets issued late after the k1, thus this thread. Thank you will visit the forum.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, shoji said:

I am aware of this. But for visa issuance, K2s usually gets issued late after the k1, thus this thread. Thank you will visit the forum.

I guess a day or three later,  so a reason for its own thread

YMMV

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 hours ago, shoji said:

No, normal the K-1 & K-2 are issued together, if there is a short delay between the two they hold the visa package delivery until both are ready.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
On 10/21/2019 at 10:06 AM, payxibka said:

Agree, as a matter of fact, if the K1 is denied at the interview or later during the AOS, the K2 also is denied. The K2 becomes independent of the K1 only after successful completion of the ROC process.

9 hours ago, Hank_ said:

No, normal the K-1 & K-2 are issued together, if there is a short delay between the two they hold the visa package delivery until both are ready.

Agree, since it is a parent (K1) and child (K2) involved in this type of visa process, unless follow to join, they are generally delivered around the same time. Of course, there can and are some exceptions. However, generally that is the K1/K2 process up to and including the ROC process.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

Do you guys have K2s? I know that K1/K2 are processed the same time, but this thread is all about processing time from interview to visa on hand. At least in our country, k1 gets issued first followed by k2 after a few days. I was looking for the answer and how many days that is.  For example, K1 status will be administrative processing then issued 1st then k2 will follow etc.

Yes, visas are sent and process at the same time from USCIS and NVC level, but they are not checked/processed all the same time in the Embassy before they are sent out for delivery or pick up. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, shoji said:

Do you guys have K2s? I know that K1/K2 are processed the same time, but this thread is all about processing time from interview to visa on hand. At least in our country, k1 gets issued first followed by k2 after a few days. I was looking for the answer and how many days that is.  For example, K1 status will be administrative processing then issued 1st then k2 will follow etc.

Yes, visas are sent and process at the same time from USCIS and NVC level, but they are not checked/processed all the same time in the Embassy before they are sent out for delivery or pick up. 

My previous k2 was delivered the exact same day and time as the k1.  They came together 

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

K1's and K2's are sent all in the same package. All information is based on the K1.  It is not based on your country it is based on the fact that you cannot get a k2 without a k1. They ride on the parents petition so they all come together. Only a rare time do they get separated. Such as something comes up with the k2 and the parent wants to go ahead with the k1 and continue with follow to join later. Any other time it is just a fluke that they are not processed/sent at the same time.

I had a K1 and 4 K2's all 5 visas were printed the same day. Sorry they don't stamp the time on them and yes all the medicals and passports came together. When we arrived at our POE all the kids files were mixed in with mine

Edited by Ontarkie
Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.